Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] AOPK 3.0: The Kings Beyond the Wall

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings 2.0 - Map Preview in OP

The problem with hidden family trees is that I have no idea how to make them, and even if I did there are so many other tasks that I probably won't prioritize it. However, if anybody wants to give me a hand on them we would all be eternally grateful. This isn't a one-man job, and I could use all the help I can get.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Well clearly you should flesh out House Dayne more considering they're seemingly the most praised faction right now.

Javl26's Avatar Libertus

I'd offer my help, but I'm not modder; and recently I began to learn how to change the models of the units. If you could give me a basic tutorial maybe I could help.

Quote Originally Posted by Javl26 View Post
    I'd offer my help, but I'm not modder; and recently I began to learn how to change the models of the units. If you could give me a basic tutorial maybe I could help.
    Here's a tutorial if you're interested: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ed-Family-Tree

Maybe have a look at it and see if you can replicate it. If you can I'd love the help!

Edit:
    The men of the Shield Islands have fought the Ironborn for millennia. Their greatest line of defense are the Shield Wardens, a hybrid crossbow/halberd unit capable of both inflicting ranged damage and holding the line in melee.

Last edited by AdmiralThrawn; April 30, 2015 at 03:46 AM.

JonSnow7's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    The problem with hidden family trees is that I have no idea how to make them, and even if I did there are so many other tasks that I probably won't prioritize it. However, if anybody wants to give me a hand on them we would all be eternally grateful. This isn't a one-man job, and I could use all the help I can get.
    Hey Admiral, I don't know much about modding either, but I'm familiar with editing files such as descr_strat, so I if you could use help with such files I guess I could help.

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Its a family tree that is not related to the FL's family tree. Created in the exact same way as a normal family tree.

I eagerly await to see some of the new dorn units

I could help with hidden family trees. I just made one for the Blackwood faction so the tully's can marry and such (granted its probably the easiest faction to do seeing as they were the only family that wasn't in the main tree).

Also i have some custom portraits i made if your looking for more i'll send them to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Aquilifer View Post
    Its a family tree that is not related to the FL's family tree. Created in the exact same way as a normal family tree.
    Aye. Just slap a secondary tree under the main tree inside strat. Is very easy.

FrostySOTF's Avatar Ice in My Veins
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Please nerf Mooton, they're ridiculous and somehow attack me no matter where I'm at, they'd sall around and attack me constantly as Redwyne, Stark, Lannister etc..

Just seems a little odd

Quote Originally Posted by FrostySOTF View Post
    Please nerf Mooton, they're ridiculous and somehow attack me no matter where I'm at, they'd sall around and attack me constantly as Redwyne, Stark, Lannister etc..

Just seems a little odd
    Just fixed it. They were set to prefer naval invasions, and since M2TW AI is stupid it would send their ships all over the place .

Just seems a little odd

That is probably the funniest, yet unintentionally funny, thing I've read on these forums. You better make sure your car doesn't have a red salmon spray-painted on the hood, as I'm sure that will be the next thing to happen.

Just seems a little odd
    Oh dear I deal with that in some other submods too! All hail the power of House Mooten!

Etruscan's Avatar Civis

All Hail!!!!

Well this is just great. Seriously.

I've been playing Medieval 2 since pretty much its release, and I've tried dozens of different mods, but Age of Petty Kings was actually one of the few that made me really feel like I was having tons of fun while playing it.

Usually in most mods I play I start up a campaign or two and never really get far, I just mess around, but with this mod I played like 3 or 4 factions and actually had some nice progress, and there was always the feeling that 'there's still something else to find, something else to play, to conquer muahaha'.

So, yeah, big props to Thrawn and his mod

Here's another quick unit preview:

These are knights from House Swann's recruitment region (covering House Dondarrion, House Grandison, and House Trant). While a lot of regions will mostly have the same base rosters (sometimes with a few additions and subtractions), the different skins and shields should help to add some more variety to the battles.

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings 2.0 - Huge Battle Preview in OP

Just a quick shout out: Everyone, if you like this mod, please rep rj2long (his only post is earlier in the thread I believe). He has single-handedly done hidden family trees and strat positioning for most of Westeros and pushed the release date weeks ahead of schedule all by himself. I've already rep'd once, but he deserves way more so please show that post some love .

Apart from that, things are moving along much faster than I would have thought (though obviously there's still a long road ahead). More updates soon!

Just a quick shout out: Everyone, if you like this mod, please rep rj2long (his only post is earlier in the thread I believe). He has single-handedly done hidden family trees and strat positioning for most of Westeros and pushed the release date weeks ahead of schedule all by himself. I've already rep'd once, but he deserves way more so please show that post some love .

Apart from that, things are moving along much faster than I would have thought (though obviously there's still a long road ahead). More updates soon!
    D'aw, shucks it was nothing.

It kept me from going crazy of boredom while i was stuck at home for a few days (stupid wisdom teeth)

Will each faction have a number of special units?

Hey first off is like to say that I greatly appreciate your work, been having a lot of fun with my friend playing hotseats with this mod.
    I have a decent amount of past experience modding my game for personal use and uploading a few mods of my own for another game.
    i was wondering if you still needed help with this, particularly with coding buildings and there chains. If so I would love to make then for you.
    i have lots of ideas and would love to assist you with this amazing mod .
    Post on here if your interested at all, or maybe need help in another area.
    Thanks for all your great work! Cheers!