Thread: Is there a guide for politics and how they work in game?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Is there a guide for politics and how they work in game?

What title says.
    Strangely i have limmited options in my politic panel and seames empty unless i am missing something.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

GussieFinkNottle's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Is there a guide for politics and how they work in game?

Your options are limited by the amount of influence of the characters. You spend this influence as a resource on political actions. If you don't have enough influence for the action it is greyed out. Gain influence by winning battles with that character. If you'd like I can write a full explanation of the political system and all its various aspects tomorrow.
    A home without books is a body without soul - Marcus Tullius Cicero

If you rep me, please leave your name. Thx

As said above, politics revolves around influence, because influence is the resource that is used to engage in political actions active, and also determines your dominion score passively.

You don't need to have characters engage in battle to gain influence. Sitting in a city as governor also works pretty well. I got my starting ERE emperor to 550 influence just by having him sit around as a governor. He hasn't stepped onto a battleground once.

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5MkIcbdIZ4

This guide changed my entire game experience. I've become a master politician.

Right...But now I have a strange problem with Imperium.
    I reached a barrier that gave me a total of 12 armies, 6 fleets etc...
    Then i continued my qonquests (qunquered 5 cities from that point) but the bar of imperium does not move any further.
    Is the max number of imperium this?

Or I missed something?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 325610_2015-05-06_00001.jpg  
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Primicerius

Raise your tech further. Imperium, in Attila, is tied to imperium.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Right...But now I have a strange problem with Imperium.
    I reached a barrier that gave me a total of 12 armies, 6 fleets etc...
    Then i continued my qonquests (qunquered 5 cities from that point) but the bar of imperium does not move any further. Is the max number of imperium this?
    (snip)
    Or I missed something?
    As a practical matter, yeah, you're pretty much maxed out. There is one more Imperium level, but it probably won't come until you've got most of the map painted yellow and blue, and have researched almost all techs (like, 7 of the 8 tech subsections). So you probably won't see it unless you're going for the Divine Triumph win.

I have both research branches researched (both techs that cost 25000 too).

You need more regions to reach the next level of imperium.

Right now, you have 62 regions. To get to the next level of imperium, you need around 110-120 usually.

Not related to the imperium question, but I couldn't help noticing that your ERE treasury is sitting at 3864 in mid-game. Economic Powerhouse is probably the most valuable faction trait in the game...I'd recommend taking advantage of it and letting your treasury grow a bit. Won't be long before that 5% interest starts to produce gigantic returns. By this point in game, you probably could have had an income 50 or even 100 times greater than it is right now.

It's more than just seeing a big number on the screen. What that level of interest-based income gets you is financial independence from your province wealth. You will then be able to exempt many of your provinces from tax/food...which in turn helps in quickly pacifying new territory for public order, establishing more military/naval production provinces, and creating strong border provinces with high-level cities and garrisons.

Just a thought.

Yes, "economic powerhouse" is probably the strongest faction trait in the game. With that trait, ERE campaign can be played for world domination as the faction does not care about corruption penalties.

GussieFinkNottle's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Bramborough View Post
    As a practical matter, yeah, you're pretty much maxed out. There is one more Imperium level, but it probably won't come until you've got most of the map painted yellow and blue, and have researched almost all techs (like, 7 of the 8 tech subsections). So you probably won't see it unless you're going for the Divine Triumph win.
    ^this, even after conquering the entire map I was some way off the last Imperium level.
    A home without books is a body without soul - Marcus Tullius Cicero

If you rep me, please leave your name. Thx

You don't need to conquer the entire map. I reached max Imperium when I achieved divine victory as Sassanids at around 120 regions.