Default Additional Scottish Units Mod

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scottish Unit Mod Cover 2.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	151.2 KB 
ID:	324604

UPDATED (30/01/2018)

Failte!

A quick update of the mod - making sure it's fully functional. There has also been an addition of foreign units that are recruitable by the Scots once they capture territories.

Faction Details
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Faction Leader: Henry I

Name:	scothenry.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	334985

Faction Description: Following the Battle of Culloden, Bonnie Prince Charlie fled to France and the remainder of the Jacobite forces in Scotland were either executed, exiled or transported off to the new world as slaves. What followed was a period of intense persecution of highland culture by British forces intent on conforming the Scots to a more civilised and 'British' way of life. What the British had not factored in was the extent of support which the Jacobites had received in the Scottish lowlands. As a result, this nationalist sentiment remained throughout the 1745-1780 period. During this time, cities and areas of Scotland which had played little role in the '45 played host to a new form of Scottish nationalism. Led by characters such as Robert Burns and Thomas Muir, a political reformist version of nationalism took hold.

Sensing an opportunity to capitalise on this and following the death of his elder brother in 1788, Henry Benedict Stuart led an invasion of British occupied Scotland with the help of the new French Republic. Promising political reform and the re-establishment of the Scottish Parliament support for the rebellion was widespread. The war lasted six years culminating in the Battle of Foulden in which a British army was routed on the Anglo-Scottish border leading to the Treaty of Melrose in 1794. Through the following ten years Scotland remained at peace with it's southern neighbour, despite the latter refusing to relinquish the title of The United Kingdom of Great Britain (perhaps an indication as to their future ambitions). As a result of this prolongued peace, Scotland has been demilitarised however the London Parliament has made some indications that frosty relations will be soon to follow. It is imperative that Scotland is in a position to defend itself!

The units have been updated further to these pictures. There are more units and unit parts including many new hats such as the Glengarry and Tam O' Shanter hats. I have also added units to the English and Welsh regions that only Scotland can recruit. This means you have to rely more on Scottish troops being moved about the campaign map to reinforce the small numbers of local units you can recruit.

Militia Units

Name:	Militias.jpg 
Views:	426 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	334986

Lowland Units

Name:	Lowland Infantry.jpg 
Views:	519 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	334987

Highland Units

Name:	Highland Infantry.jpg 
Views:	531 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	334988

Cavalry

Name:	Highland Cavalry.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	334989

Additional Scottish Unit Mod files:

Install Instructions:

1. Download the DMN_Scotland_mod (linked above), unzip the file to your desktop.
    2. Open the file and copy the DMN_Scotland_mod, DMN_DarthMod_Napoleon and DMN_UPC_napoleon_v3_3 pack files.
    3. Paste these files to your steam/NTW directory in the Data folder (usually C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Napoleon Total War/Data)
    4. Once opening the DarthMod application, go to the settings tab at the top, select the custom user script and copy the following into it:

mod DMN_DarthMod_napoleon.pack;
    mod DMN_Scotland_Mod.pack;
    mod DMN_Scotland_Name.pack;

Then save and close the user_script.

From that point just enjoy playing as Scotland with it's own unique units!

Darthmod:

Name:	signature1-1.jpg 
Views:	14849 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	324612

Thanks particularly to Steph who helped when I was getting with this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scot Units 1.jpg   Scot Units 2.jpg   Scot Units 3.jpg  
    Last edited by Malcolm; January 30, 2018 at 04:21 PM.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Additional Scottish Units Mod

I don't know if it is un purpose, but in your previews, the unit in game don't match the info card

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Yeah I know. It was partly laziness, I was just focussing on the other aspects of it and I figured that as long as the cards were different from each other I would be able to recognise it

I will update it at some point. Planning on sorting out the uniform for the Reiver units as well as the Highland Fusiliers and Grenadiers. I really wanted to get the Tam O'Shanter into it, would have looked great on the highland units but I kept getting beaten on the modelling front! I did actually manage to import the ToS that you made for MoE but while it worked in-game, my other units would disappear or the generic militia unit would appear when I had told it not to. Strange!

Getting stuck into the campaign map editing for Shogun, would be awesome if someone figured out how to import the maps into NTW but I fear that is far beyond my skill!

Interesting Scottish Units. Nice work!

Cheshire Cat's Avatar Civis

Thx for the units Malcolm nice effort , I suspect the Border Reivers are in there because of the lack of Scots horse, in historical terms they never fought for Scotland or
    England but were a law unto themselves interesting to have them in a mod.

Very nice! Next time I play NTW I'll give these a download. Particularly like the Galloway Rifles. Nice to see my region represented for once.
    The guy who used to test DeI and FotE on Mac.

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
    Thx for the units Malcolm nice effort , I suspect the Border Reivers are in there because of the lack of Scots horse, in historical terms they never fought for Scotland or
    England but were a law unto themselves interesting to have them in a mod.
    Yeah I put the reivers in just to fill a gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate Strawberry View Post
    Very nice! Next time I play NTW I'll give these a download. Particularly like the Galloway Rifles. Nice to see my region represented for once.
    Cheers, I am also a native Gallovidian so it was a unit I had to include.

I actually intend on giving this mod a serious revamp but I am struggling to get a particular hat (the Tam O' Shanter) into the game! It appears about 4 feet above the head of the unit!

Hopefully sometime just after Hogmanay I will have an update!

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

UPDATED

Information in the original updated description.

NICE! Make a moddb page so more people would know about this !

Looks very well Great work!

Private Normal's Avatar Civis

Thought I'd give this a try, but the only unit that shows up is the Light Infantry?? Any clues as to why?
    [IMG][/IMG]

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Private Normal View Post
    Thought I'd give this a try, but the only unit that shows up is the Light Infantry?? Any clues as to why?
    Sounds like it could be another mod interfering, I had some issues with this kind of thing early on. Do you use Mod Manager? If you do, make sure the royal_jacobite_mod file is positioned above the Darth Mod file. If you have any other mods installed they might be interfering with it.

I am just finishing off a pretty big update to this mod. Added a load of new units as well as changed royal family and most importantly foreign units for when you begin the Scottish empire. I am keeping a very limited access to foreign troops to make it more realistic (so you can't just conquer a place and immediately pack it with heaps of militia and move your army on). Anyway, that should be done next week sometime.

Keep me updated as to whether you can solve the issue but it does sound like it is interference from another mod.

I followed your instructions but it did not work. Also, is the link above for the updated version?

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

The files have now been updated.

Are you using MOD Manager Crosstooth?

EDIT: Also make sure that you are launching Napoleon via the DarthMod campaign or, once that is set up for the Emergent faction campaign, you can start it via Mod Manager
    Last edited by Malcolm; September 28, 2016 at 06:45 AM.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

It's with great pleasure that the Modding Awards Committee informs you that this mod has been awarded in the recent 2016 Modding Awards, as seen here! Please feel free to stop by and check the list of all the winners.

Also, don't forget to check
    here for more details about how to promote the victory of your mod.

If any question about please feel free to use the
    Discussion thread

Flinn,
    On behalf of the Modding Awards Committee
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Sir Althfons's Avatar Civis

Yeah, I think it looks good, I can see why they gave you the award. +rep Malcolm, with my congratulations.
    Last edited by Sir Althfons; December 02, 2017 at 05:18 AM.

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    It's with great pleasure that the Modding Awards Committee informs you that this mod has been awarded in the recent 2016 Modding Awards, as seen here! Please feel free to stop by and check the list of all the winners.

Also, don't forget to check
    here for more details about how to promote the victory of your mod.

If any question about please feel free to use the
    Discussion thread

Flinn,
    On behalf of the Modding Awards Committee
    Thanks for the award!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Althfons View Post
    Yeah, I think it looks good, I can see why they gave you the award. +rep Malcolm, with my congratulations.
    Thanks for the +rep guys. Sorry it's taken so long for an update but finally got round to getting it on. Foreign units have been added. More to be added when I get time - already been working on some cool uniforms recently that I will have to build more units for.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Amazing work and especially nice Highlanders

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    Amazing work and especially nice Highlanders
    Thanks Quintus Hortensius Hortalus! Got a few more models in the pipeline for when I get some spare time!

I tried to install this mod and it seems to work, but I lose all sound. Any ideas how I can fix it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast