Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Add Ons

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Add Ons

This thread is designed to inform people of any small add-ons, hotfixes and revisions for SAI.

There is now two new add ons for SAI. The first deals with a 12tpy script for all three campaigns. The movement bug for characters has now been eliminated. So you can now enjoy a SAI campaign like an old wine, savoring it slowing. Please ensure that you install the original 12tpy file, then install these changes for the relevant campaign. The changes should be directed to your SAI folder.

In addition, there is also an optional minimal recruitment option, where most troops are now recruited either with 0 or 1 turn. There has also been a reworking of recruitment costs and also resource costs. Both these add-ons have be done by Ragimund Von Wallat. According to Ragimund, the minimal recruitment changes and resource cost changes have improved gameplay, with armies recruiting better armies, especially opposition roman armies.

Ragimund has also done some changes to Horde factions.

All credit and reputation points should go to Ragimund. The add-ons are below
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by julianus heraclius; March 15, 2017 at 06:27 PM.

Default Re: Add Ons

better battles
    -new infantry mass...now your cav wont swept true your own infantry like nothing....inf now feel more rooted to the ground

-every unit that had sheildwall now always in sheild wall to help the ai.

-realistic budget in solidi with grain surplus available at carthage and alexandria

-roman now recruit legions,sassanid now recruit more infantry to support the cataphracts

-if at war and you destroy the most expansive troops of the ennemy then he may not be able to recruit them again....watch the money graph!

-troops that are tribal or feudal had theyre price let alone....sassanid have both kind

-xionite war machine of doom pikemen have been given a dose sleeping pill lol

-many more little tweaks here and there

-price of ship changed....transport are cheap to recruit but cost alot of upkeep due to seizing commercial ships...now destroying or loosing battle fleet is a big thing

-letting barbarians installed in roman land can be very dangerous has they will make the big money and only have to look after feudal/tribal troops ....if they figth your ennemy then....maybe you can gamble and let them for a year or two...dont forget to strike them in the back if they start to beat your opponent fast...otherwise will you be able yourself to stop them?

-mines give the realistic output to the state(from roman source) watch out if smelly barbarian seize some in illyria.

any feedback most appreciated,i want to thank Julianus for having let me mess around with his gem.I wish you will like it.Now to battle you bunch of cowards its not by reading this this that Ctesiphon will loot itself

TO BATTLE!
    Last edited by Ragimund Von Wallat; April 26, 2015 at 10:31 AM.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

RVW I must spread some rep around, but ... consider you as already MEGA-REPPED, please!

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Oh this I must try! Thanks!

the revamped mercenary file is to be released soon,Juliannus forget about it because of my error,sorry for that...more infantry available everywhere and big pool of veteran around rome and constantinople...in between 60 and 9 ordo can be available...but it take a long while to refill....so use them carefully to boost a decisive campaign

Okay, I have revised the Minimum Recruitment Option file to include the revised mercenary file.

thanks julianus,your reputation as patient and benevolent ruler is not overdone.If anyone that try it want to give feedback i would be please to hear you about it....even if its just error and things that bother you....then i could fix it for you

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Great job!

DeathtoEgo's Avatar Civis

I'm having issues getting the new add ons to work. I tried just overwriting my previous install with the 12tpy script and minimal recruitment files and I got a ctd on before I reached the start menu. I tried a fresh SAI install then the add ons but the same thing happened. Has anyone got them to work or what, I wanted to see if anyone else had a problem or if its on my end.

yeah if anyone else have the same issue you would be kind to report it so we can investigate it

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

What does the CTD message say?

the error doesn't say anything, just "RomeBI.exe has stopped working", have you got it to work MMFA? Have you guys tested installing the downloads on a fresh SAI install? Does it work? I'd like to know because if yes and yes, then I would know that its on my end.
    Last edited by DeathtoEgo; April 29, 2015 at 09:10 PM.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

It's highly possible you have already done this, but just to be clear: when you uninstall SAJ, just to be sure, after having unisnstalled the Mod, you should also look into the main folder of RTW-BI and manually remove any file belonging to SAJ.

I still need to try the new files, but having an old file by Ragimund installed (and running) on my third installed version of RTW-BI-SAJ (actually I've: RTW-BI vanilla, RTW-BI-SAJ and RTW-BI-SAJ-experimental with the script of Ragimund and the soundmod of Pseudo installed), I should build a new (the fourth) copy of RTW_BI to try the new add ons, and this thing is space/time consuming but I'll try to do it.

maybe its because the edu i used was the one with the sound mod...i think the edu is different...i say MAYBE ...im not expert in those kind of things

come on guys someone just rename their current install temporarily, reinstall a new SAI + the add ons, it takes 10 minutes max, when you confirm or deny that it works delete it and rename your original install to SAI, pretty please. I'll give you a rep.

I have tried all the installs and have found an error with the 355AD 12tpy install. Apparently the descr_sm_faction.txt file is corrupted. I will fix this and upload and new 355AD campaign install. In the meantime, just copy the same file from your other 355AD campaign options (4tpy, 6tpy) and it should work fine.

i have so many back up files of different versions for test that my install is a complete mess,so im not the most effective at tracking those things ....one day im gonna clean it up....one day lol

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation JH.

Okay, have fixed the 355AD Campaign file and uploaded it again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast