Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hellenika Manual

Default Re: Hellenika Manual

Proman in the manual in the tab Terrain effect all are explained. Form there i copy paste this.

Examples of terrain effects
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Glossary

H= Heavy hoplite
    M=Medium hoplite
    L=Light hoplite
    ET =Even terrain
    SUT=Slightly uneven terrain (like forests)
    UT=Uneven terrain (like hills)

H Vs L
    1) Kills : 39-2 ET
    2) Kills :65-33 SUT
    3) Kills :21-128 UT

H Vs M
    1) Kills :87-52 ET
    2) Kills :91-127 SUT
    3) Kills :63-129 UT

M Vs L
    1) Kills : 80-68 ET
    2) Kills :67-42 SUT
    3) Kills :68-106 UT

Quote Originally Posted by Phalangitis View Post
    Proman in the manual in the tab Terrain effect all are explained. Form there i copy paste this.

Examples of terrain effects

Glossary

H= Heavy hoplite
    M=Medium hoplite
    L=Light hoplite
    ET =Even terrain
    SUT=Slightly uneven terrain (like forests)
    UT=Uneven terrain (like hills)

H Vs L
    1) Kills : 39-2 ET
    2) Kills :65-33 SUT
    3) Kills :21-128 UT

H Vs M
    1) Kills :87-52 ET
    2) Kills :91-127 SUT
    3) Kills :63-129 UT

M Vs L
    1) Kills : 80-68 ET
    2) Kills :67-42 SUT
    3) Kills :68-106 UT

Thanks a lot this is definitely going to make me rethink my starting army compositions!!

Added to manual and in Scripts tab
    1 )

• BATTLEFIELD LOOTING

After every win you get +500 gold from looting the looser

2 )

• SHIP CAPTURING

When you win a sea battle according to the size of your win you are capturing some ships of the enemy. Those ships are transported to a designated control port for each faction.
    ATHENS (for Athenian faction)
    PYLOS (for Sparta)
    ARGOS (for Argos)
    KORINTH (for korinth)
    OPOS for (boiotia)
    SMYRNA (For Persia)

To receive those ships you need to have an admiral docked in the home port with free spaces in his fleet slots (less than 20 ships)

In the picture we can see the hoplite's wage is 180
    I calculated and came to the conclusion that the monetary measure in ''Hellenika'' is Athenian Mina (100 Drachmas)

In the picture the hoplite's wage is 180 Minae (3 Talents) per three months (one game turn = three months)
    The hoplite's wage is 60 Minae a month (6000 Drachmas)
    The one unit = 160 hoplites
    The one hoplite's wage is 1.25 Drachma a day.

As far as I know History during the battle company hoplite received a salary of 1-2 drachmas a day.

It was just a joke to cheer you up

Thanks i need all the cheering i can get. I am a bit anxious ar the release closes
    Also very glad to see someone actualy reading the manual for a change..

As a general statement on economy though i must say that all values are representative and not actual prices

Hello again, I'm playing as Argos and wish to attack Mantinea preferbally without getting Sparta involved or if i do so try and get into a military alliance with Athens has anyone tried to do this I've selected to make a Grain Pit to increase Ionian diplomacy is there anything else i can do i have placed the agent into my home province and slected his special ability? It seems futile, would to just give them money each turn to increase Political standing until they accept be a good idea until they accept? Playing as Argos whats the best way of capturing Melos because even if you place your amy into the Navy it still goes as slow as the army can you cahnge this please so if you merge your Army with the Navy you can go as fast as your Navy, that would be great!
    Last edited by Malarkey95; April 02, 2016 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malarkey95 View Post
    Hello again, I'm playing as Argos and wish to attack Mantinea preferbally without getting Sparta involved or if i do so try and get into a military alliance with Athens has anyone tried to do this I've selected to make a Grain Pit to increase Ionian diplomacy is there anything else i can do i have placed the agent into my home province and slected his special ability? It seems futile, would to just give them money each turn to increase Political standing until they accept be a good idea until they accept? Playing as Argos whats the best way of capturing Melos because even if you place your amy into the Navy it still goes as slow as the army can you cahnge this please so if you merge your Army with the Navy you can go as fast as your Navy, that would be great!
    When you play as one of the smaller factions (Beotia is another example of this) you can not expect to sign any kind of agreement with a major faction, because you are not in a position of strenght to negotiate anything, know what I mean? you are the small Argos trying to do a MILITARY ALLIANCE wich is the biggest deal in total war, with one of the superpowers at the beginning of the campaign. Logic? nowhere mate

To give you a breath, I will tell you that, if they are in greenface with you, and both of you are democratic (argos and athens are indeed) plus you have same enemies in common, you don't have to worry about a stab in your back by them. Think that Athens has major problems all around the map to also increase those helping a small unignificant faction like Argos (this is what they think as a major power, put in athens skin for a second and you will understand what I mean)

An advise: Before going campaigning, research the technology that allows you to get reduced upkeep for the province/region you want to conquer.

Also there is another trick. You can research the tech called "peace with Athens" . With this tech you sign peace with Athens BUT since you are already in peace and you are too weak in the beggining you enter a subjucation state. In this state you become a subject of Athens and you loose your freedome BUT you will draw its protection if you feel you are loosing the war. Also all of Tene's pointers are 100% to the point

If you suffer losses you need to recruit a new unit and use those soldiers to replenish your casualties by merging the new unit with the old one..
    TIP
    Merging is done by selecting 2 units and pressing ctrl + M
    It seems i'm doing something wrong with this mecanic, i tried with two same units, and it never merged: FOR EXAMPLE, with these two units

My apologies if i am doing something wrong, maybe when it is said "new unit", i did not understant what i should have understood.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Quote Originally Posted by Ardionso View Post
    It seems i'm doing something wrong with this mecanic, i tried with two same units, and it never merged: FOR EXAMPLE, with these two units

My apologies if i am doing something wrong, maybe when it is said "new unit", i did not understant what i should have understood.
    You can set it to something else, didn't work with ctrl+m for me so I made it H instead, then it works perfectyl, just have whatever units involved selected and press h

Thank you Linke, just for you, i made it working by pressing H .

Sorry if missed in the manual. I am playing as Boetia and how do I increase horsemen caps? I have 4 armies and 4-5 heavy cavalry and plenty more if needed but short on light cav. 4 total I believe and can't recruit more. I seem to have unlocked the caps for heavy but not light. Thanks

caps for Heavy, Medium, Light Hoplites and navy are indicated on the buildings but I didn't see anything for cavalry. Thanks
    Last edited by JCB206; April 12, 2016 at 06:00 PM.

Guys i dont know why you face such weird effect in agents.. I do not. I have been testing them 2 days now and nothhing as described noticed. few exaples

SPY- POISONING

Before the attack [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    You see all bars are the same except the general unit that has lost 14 men (he had 70 and now 54 )

Case 2
    [IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
    Again 14 losses from 120 to 106
    On top of this a champion attacks losses 2 (from 106 to 104)
    [IMG][/IMG]

I got many many more pics and all reproduce the same. Minor casualties. In any case i will try to tweak a bit more and we try again.. I have seen many strange stuff in steam currently my only guess is a corrupt upload. Also if anyone has a save from the champion that attacks and kills an entire unit please send it to me to check also. Thanks

EDIT Wrong thread will post it also on bug section

On cavalry from social system..

"3) The amphorage maker represents the rich people's industrial endeavours and allows an oligarchic focused type of trading. You get somewhat less money than democratic traders
    Why?

Fewer people to get money from through taxes leads to less money in total than a broader tax base

but you unlock cavalry unit caps and discounts in creating fleets
    why?

rich guys rode horses or they gave money to build or upkeep a war trireme in which they were appointed as captains.
    All those social choices not only have consequences in social structure and reserve troop pool but also in political scene and diplomatic scene as described below..

Thanks Phal! I can be an idiot sometimes. I never build those industries in major cities but now you gave me a reason to.

I have translated the whole manual in French. Available here: http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/forum/t...801#post566801.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

AMAZING!! (+rep)
    I Will put this link in the first page along with the original manual

Thank you! Your amazing mod is featured in the frontpage of Mundus Bellicus too: http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/. (Slider asked and pending). Keep up this good work.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

OMG! Thank you Nelduin!
    +rep for your effort.

Ofc rep for the effort Nelduin!!
    The least we can do!

@Phal yes put in the front page!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast