Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hellenika Manual

Default Re: GaW Manual

To really enjoy the mod, this manual, is a must, thank you phalagitis!

This looks like a well thought out structure.

I only have one concern and that is the spies, champions and dignitaries. I cant think of any justification historically for these characters in such numbers considering the potential impact they have in game. one of the game killers in vanilla for me was the horde of enemy spies, champions and dignataries decending on settlements en masse and wrecking havoc. Immobilising armies, inciting unrest and destroyng buildings turn after turn after turn.
    Semi-Retired RTR Developer and Researcher
    Dont get into a fight if there is nothing to win

=ANTiKES='s Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Clearchus of Sparta View Post

I only have one concern and that is the spies, champions and dignitaries. I cant think of any justification historically for these characters in such numbers considering the potential impact they have in game. one of the game killers in vanilla for me was the horde of enemy spies, champions and dignataries decending on settlements en masse and wrecking havoc. Immobilising armies, inciting unrest and destroyng buildings turn after turn after turn.
    I can confirm that AI on legendary depends way too much on them. It's unquestionably very frustrating when you stand with your army in front of an empty enemy settlement for 3-4 turns without any chance of doing anything thanks to AI's spies, champions and dignitaries.

I guarantee you that I'll beta test that, hehe
    Last edited by =ANTiKES=; May 08, 2015 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clearchus of Sparta View Post

Thats exactly my aim on agents overhaul.
    English is not my native language so maybe i did not pass my intntions or changes clearly but in GaW the aim is to nerf significaly agent spam and "magical" abilities.
    As a summary of manual's agent section..
    champions have mainly supportive role and cannot hinder armies and regions
    Dignitaries also and, in the cases they can interact with enemy armies or settlements their interaction is of administrative penalties type
    Finally Spies can harm both armies and regions but their success rates and impact of their actions is nerfed down considerably to the point that an elite spy with everything maxed out (skills,attributes etc) is almost equal to a vanilla level 1 spy.
    In any case very soon with the Beta testing you will all have clearer picture of the agent's overhaul.
    Needless to say that the above choises are not written on a rock..we are open to tweaks,alterations and fine tunings and the extend of those needed will be shown during the beta test phase
    cheers

@ maddogs1989 Here is not the right place for those debates, the title says GaW manual not historical debates.
    If you want to talk about this talk the main thread, or open a new one that called historical debates.
    Thank you!

@morfeasnikos I did not mean for it to turn into it all I was intending was remarking on the decisions made on it as it was suppose to be based on history. That it turned into a debate I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogs1989 View Post
    @morfeasnikos I did not mean for it to turn into it all I was intending was remarking on the decisions made on it as it was suppose to be based on history. That it turned into a debate I apologize.
    Its ok, i know that was not in your intention.
    And thank you that you wanted to help.

I am looking forward to this mod however much I debate with Phalangitis and disagaree with some points. Side note I actually use his mod Peloponnesiakos Polemos as it make the game a lot better.

How does the manpower system function? Is it like .Mitch.'s? Could you post some screenshots of manpower in action?

No its not like .Mitches. Did you read the section of the manual called recrutment system? It's explained there quite in detail there.

Default Re: Hellenika Manual

Added photos to Occupy decisions tab to show the economic difference for occupy vs raze
    and Added photos to God and omens tab to show how to see the omens for invading a region (go to TIP and TRICK section there inside the tab)

Added photos on Terrain impact on troop perforamce.

Green means bonus or good performance
    White no effect
    Yellow not severe penalties or medium to bad performance
    Red severe penalties or bad performance
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Light hoplites should not perform bad in grasslands. No one, in fact.

they don't perform bad Tene they just. loose their relative advantage they have in more uneven terrains and if they fight heavier troops they get destroyed.It is the fastest way to describe it without writting an essay in the box

Red means bad performance and you have them in red so that's what the picture says. I don't think that they don't get totally destroyed if they have no effect (white) and heavier hops being in green. We are as historical and realistic as possible aren't we?

I just want to say to all !!! Without read and understand the manual, the mod can not be played!
    It has nothing in common with WoS....

ALL hoplites perform worse in uneven terrain. The more uneven the worse they perform . BUT the lighter the units perform LESS worse than a heavier.SO the outcomes vary.The same group of units in different terrain once they may dominate the field and in another situation they may get their a... kicked.

I will leave colours as they are is to be easily distinguished from the eye.For hoplitic units colour is a visual presentation of this unit performance comparing with other types of hoplites and hoplites only. So i will leave the red as a warning "be carefull not to depend much on this unit here" or Green go ahead they perform as gogd as they can. PLUS the first in green line performes better than the second. Example in light forest the Medium hoplites mentioned first and light second while in hills Lights mentioned first etc etc etc.

So colours stay while taking into consideration those above. If this brakes the historic immersion of someone then i just say we cannot satisfy every taste out there. Ufortunately the sapce in the info box is limited so we have to do with this style.At least for now unless a better idea comes by
    Last edited by Phalangitis; March 08, 2016 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by morfeasnikos View Post
    I just want to say to all !!! Without read and understand the manual, the mod can not be played!
    It has nothing in common with WoS....
    I know the manual by heart ) Every night I read Thucydides and manual before bedtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Oskar_GD View Post
    I know the manual by heart ) Every night I read Thucydides and manual before bedtime.
    One is ready to play

I for one like this terrain advantage system. It gives more unit variety to units that in the past hardly played a role.

I do question how much advantage would a basic light hoplite have against a basic heavy hoplite if they're fighting in swampy land? Would the light hoplite be able to defeat the heavy hoplite in a straight up fight?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast