Thread: [EUIV] [WIP] A Rude Awakening: G1 Bionicle Mod

Kaiser Quanah's Avatar Libertus

Icon3 [EUIV] [WIP] A Rude Awakening: G1 Bionicle Mod

-----A BIONICLE STRATEGY GAME-----
    (Formerly known as BIONICLE Universalis)
    Still a Work In Progress! (Including the Topic)

Hello TWC! This is a work-in-progress modification for Europa Universalis IV that i have been working on for a couple-few months now with a small team. The original topic can be found here. I am also posting this here because there are plenty of people here who have played Paradox games and know their fair share of history, something the BZPower community seems to be lacking in. I could use some help from people who actually know what the game is like, and can help write in-game histories based on their preexisting knowledge of history.

The mod will be, as the topic title says, be based off of LEGO's BIONICLE (The original continuity (2001-2010/11), often nicknamed as G1). Bionicle came back in 2015 but as a reboot. As such this mod and story will have nothing to do with that continuity. I will not describe the entire story, that would be ridiculous (here is a timeline though).

It will take place in a time period that has not been covered in the story, 100-200 years after the Battle of Bara Magna. I chose this because it has been enough time for the inhabitants of the Matoran Universe to have chosen their homes, settled down and make some history, and hopefully many of the stories that Greg Farshety started on have been finished by now. Due to the nature of this game, one won't have to tell what happened outside of the bookmark description. The initial bookmark will take place as previously stated, but over the course of the development of this game additional bookmarks will be created. Things will be different from the main canon that I (and probably others) had problems with, mainly being the apparent immortality of the Spherus Magna inhabitants (I was always annoyed by this, as it made no sense to me). Some leaders and characters will be descendants of those we met in 2009, using their first name as the name of a royal house (they proved themselves in the Battle of Roxtus and the Battle of Bara Magna). Some Toa and other MU characters might be left out to imply something may have happened to them in the time gap. This makes this project half canon, and half fan-fiction, and you guys get to help me out! I want this to be a community-driven project, so after the initial version of the mod is finished, I would be more then welcome to hear of BIONICLE fan-fiction, or a science-fantasy story that might be compatible with this world, and if accepted could be made into a bookmark; this planet is freaking huge, there will be plenty of room to fill up (just stay away from west of the Great Spirit Robot). The title 'A Rude Awakening' refers to the happy ending dream that Mata Nui envisioned for his subjects (the Matoran) and friends (the Agori), but reality settled in and violently awoke them from their vision of a peace-filled realm as the outsiders showed (Barraki, Skrall, Skakdi, Element Lords, Bone Hunters), as well as their own hearts (racial and religious divisions). Take a look at the following definition from Dictionary.com and Yahoo Answers:

rude awakening
    noun

an occurrence of being made to face an unpleasant fact

Q. What is or does a rude awakening mean?
    A. When a person acts or believes not in accordance with reality, he or she gets a rude awakening when he or she finally comes up against reality.

I was pondering about whether this mod should be made in Crusader Kings II, but as individuals of the Matoran Universe cannot reproduce by biological means, that was out of the question; maybe some other time I can start on a Bionicle mod that is set on post-Core War Bara Magna from about a century or two after the Shattering (let natural phenomenon have it's fun before the world tries to adapt to a new world) to before the Battle of Bara Magna. (that mod actually sounds like fun).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, here are things that I am in need of:

--- A Few Graphic Artists, mainly for loading screens and a world map; also flags. Loading screens show important characters (Tahu, un-mutated Pridak, etc.), scenery, marching troops, and battles between armies (Skakdi v. Ateros Nova, Element Lords v. Barraki, and the like), and other things; about 15 or less would be needed. I already have one and am currently working on another. I have already designed some flags, but I could use some assistance with, for instance, the Element Lords and multiple tribes of former-Bota Magna (among many, many others).

The world map. As I am the main developer of this mod, I have decided to take it upon myself to create the world map. I will update my progress as I go.

---Musicians, I need unique music and/or some Nathan Furst BIONICLE-styled music to fit a grand strategy game. 15-20 songs (7-15 minutes each) would be nice for the basic soundtrack, separate playlists for individual factions/cultures could be done later. As this is being done completely free, I am sure it would be okay to use a pre-existing song that you deem to fit BIONICLE, I will be sure to give credit in the read me file and credits (music companies, you have no need to sue me. ). Most of the songs need to be peaceful and non-intrusive, while some songs need to be "epic" but remain true to the atmosphere of the game and not be too distracting. I would recommend listening to the original soundtrack of Europa Universalis IV (and prepare to tune along to Andreas Waldetoft!).

---Coder, I am familiar enough with the game and could probably do this by myself, but a helper wouldn't hurt. This game is easy to mod, its just time excessive (just like the game itself. )

--Discussioneers: I know that is not a real word, but I could some people to just generally talk to about the course/direction of this mod, mainly discussing each faction's flag design (and meaning), cultures, religion (or virtues/beliefs), and locations, as well as organization of history. Really, I would just like a couple of Watsons.

--Historian: Someone who wants to help me make Spherus Magna history. If you are interested, coment about it and I will give you a piece of the world map (which is still under construction). It is best to do this while this is still in early development as you will most likely be able to customize terrain. Things you have to keep in mind if you want to write for this project:
    #1. There has to be a tie to the Great Beings, a race of scientist-kings that made the planet a technological haven, but left the planet shorlty before The Shattering in search of a new home. This is usually done through quests for sacred artifacts of the previous civilization (swords, armors, temples, masks, etc), or religious rememberence of these immortal inventors tracing their history as a sort of pantheon. #2. You can create custom races, but remember that Agori, both small and tall, are the primary race of Spherus Magna and are akin to humans with colorful brown-tinged skin colors (reddish-brown, blueish-brown, etc) and traced with genetically inherited nano-augmentations. #3 No magic, unless magic is explained at some point as being of supernatural force through natural protodermis or natural antidermis, or near-magical technology of the Great Beings. You can freely use terms such as souls, dream realization, etc, but no mana, all powers are like super powers.

--Modification Developers--

Head Developer:
    - Iaredios

Graphic Artists:
    - Iaredios
    - AidanBionicle1

Musicians:
    - Toa Vanson

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things will be different from the main canon that I (and probably others) had problems with, mainly being the apparent immortality of the Spherus Magna inhabitants (I was always annoyed by this, as it made no sense to me). Some leaders and characters will be descendants of those we met in 2009, using their first name as the name of a royal house (they proved themselves in the Battle of Roxtus and the Battle of Bara Magna). Some Toa and other MU characters might be left out to imply something may have happened to them in the time gap. Things I have already explored for history files include:
    Wars between

-- Ateros Nova Civil War (racial divisions orchestrated by Makuta Cult)
    -- Ateros Nova and League of Four Kingdoms (Barraki for short)
    -- Takadox and Barraki
    --Skakdi Dominion/New Zakaz allied with Makuta Cult, against much of the known world
    -- (Not a war but part of an important event) Assassination of one of Ackar's descendents by the Cult of the Makutine while protecting Ateros Nova (city) from violent cultist attacks.
    -- The previous events led to the Makuta Cult showing themselves to the world and proclaiming the establishment of Teridalla.

-- Region-wide invasions by the brief Ostinigosa (Bone Hunter) Grand Khanate.

(Note: exact order of these things still being thought out, the first few and last couple are in a good order in my opinion)

Here is a rough edit of the Bionicle canon (specifically Spherus Magna history) to fit my vision. further additions and other histories can be found throughout this topic. The calendar system is a 36 day, and is split up into Eras, sub-divisions being Ages (if you think this should be switched around, do tell me):

First Era (Creation)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    In the time before recorded time, the great potter Grunchar created the universe, molding the planes to his vision with his two hands and letting the choir of his servants, the angels, shape the realms by denting the figurative clay with sound by his conduction; each plane had it's own composition to fit their purpose. The angels that were to be his messengers to the mortal plane symbolized different parts of him rather than controlling it (fire, wisdom, light, etc). There were the arch-angels and then the standard class of angels. The most notable of these angels were the entities Wairuha and Akamai and the archangel Tuitoito. The unmentioned nimrods abused their gift of sentience, seeking to create their own image in a way where they lack the authority. A duel of tongues lashed as the uproar heightened and half of their kinds splintered off, the rebels eventually outmatched. Faced with the might of the creator, half of them admitted that they were wrong, and so to continue to serve Grunchar's will while being punished, they were sent to the mortal realm and were made into a single collective consciousness in the form of what appeared as glowing mercury. Seas of this 'protodermis' inhabited not only the center point of Creation, The Great Orb, largest terrestrial arch-realm of the mortal plane, but every arch-realm worthy life as the potter crafted.The Great Orb, christened Spherus Magna in later times, had the most amount. For the rebels that did not apologize and did not see the foolishness in their way of thinking, however, they were to also be sent into the mortal plain, also gathered into a collective consciousness, but were personified as a tar-like substance that spewed forth green gasses. Likewise, the substance later christened 'antidermis' was separated across the mortal plane, to be watched by the protodermic collections and to be publicly humiliated as all sentients will avoid the sight of pure death and stench.

The aforementioned sentients were molded to mortality on their respected arch-realms and sang life to them and deemed good. On the arch-realm of Spherus Magna, there were The First Ones, or Precursors, as they are nicknamed for lack of better words.

Second Era

Third Era

Fourth Era
    After the Core War from 10,000 years ago, anarchy swept the planet as it was torn into three. 7 thousand years passed in a pan-global dark age. Most suits of armor from the Core-War (which were highly advanced with ancient Mesopotamian aesthetic designs on them) to have been either destroyed by the Shattering or rendered useless a by it. With civilizations having to restart, there would be legends of these suits of armors and only the most worthy of warriors would be able to find and retrieve usable suits of armor and keep them (as a lot of people also wanted these). Then, a great adventurer rose to power and tamed the western half of the ring-realm Bara Magna (the Shattering having ripped off the east and west into Bota Magna and Okeanos Magna). His name was Grachus Certavus (ancestor of Certavus IV the Noble), and rather than unite it all into a single political realm, he united them into a united economic system, which he christened the Arena System. or the Glatorian System. The Arena System is a bartering system based on the outcome of hired and trained warriors, called Glatorian (a corruption of the word Gladiator, a slave who does the same thing only in death matches, which are outlawed in the Arena System).
    Meanwhile in the Matoran Universe, the Toa, in a final war against evil in the Matoran Universe (Destiny War), were tricked by the dark lord/great malevolence Makuta Teridax into helping him overthrow their god Mata Nui. In doing so, this revealed to everyone in the Matoran Universe that their entire universe was inside the body of a godly robot smaller than the size of Earth as he gloatingly said as such in the face of the Toa while shifting the stars to look like his old face. In case something like this were to happen, the Mask of Life (or Kanohi Ignika) was to suck all life out of the Matoran Universe and render it all barren and lifeless rather then let the forces of shadow win. So, Makuta Teridax, utilizing his new-found godly powers, took the wandering soul of Mata Nui, placed it into the Ignika while it was preparing doomsday, and shot it out into space; before doing that he killed off the rest of his race to ensure that no one will challenge his powers (save one). Being outside of the Matoran Universe, the Ignika reset it's countdown, returning to a golden state.
    For thousands of years the villages of Greater Bara Magna, as these inhabitants came to call this equilateral region, lived in peace (aside from the all-to-common Ostonigosa caravan raids and village sieges), until the Skrall from the Northern mountains came down, forced themselves into the Arena System, and began to win every single match. This upset the balance in the region. It was around this time that individuals such as Ackar, Kiina, and even Gresh rose to fame for the their heroics and aptitude in battle, claiming old Core-War armor as their own, the display of such armor showed their greatness in battle. The last Jirapa Emperor of the Jirapatine Empire, Tumallus, saw the Agori weak and sacked and destroyed their holy city, the ancient capital of Greater Bara Magna and the trading capital of the region, Atero, officially declaring war. Months passed and the Skrall won every field battle. just as Tumallus was readying his soldiers, the unholy hybrids the Skrall, a helm fell from the second heaven. The sacred helm, which commanded life at whim, encased the soul of a fallen god, whom had just been banished due to negligence by a great malevolence. This fallen hero, Mata Nui, rallied adventurers and through trials of humility and courage, ending with the quest to find a Core War suit of armor his forging of customizations to it, he eventually defeated Tumallus in combat and together he and his allies defeated and splintered the Skrall Empire, ousting a certain Agori traitor as well. In the week that followed Mata Nui and friends trekked far and wide, and in the north at realm's end then found ruins of the Great Beings and their Great Maze.

Fifth Era (modern)

Cultures:
    -- Agori:
    The Agori are the main inhabitants of Spherus Magna, and are relatable to humans but while having various hues of brown as the primary color, each person has a hue of blue, red, or green. The culture of the Agori (both Tall (human-like) and Small (hobbit-like) racial variants) is Byzantine, being influenced by both Latin and Greek roots, wearing robes, having access to automatons from earlier eras, and rare technology from the Great Beings and the Core War; the greatest warriors are have emberked on quests to find such suits of ancient armor from the Core War, giving them a superior advantage to the lamellar and scale wearing commoners. For centuries after the Core War, the Tall Agori pushed around and often enslaved their smaller cousins, and though the dark age has long since passed, it is still a sensitive issue. It is from the Agori that most of the other Spherus Magna inhabitants stem from; only thing that does not come from them is their superior cousin-race, the ones they call The Great Beings, and a couple of unrelated races that the agori and split-offs have have had little to no contact with since the Core War.

--Matoran:
    The Matoran are a peculiar culture, carrying both the ancient tribal traditions of pre-enlightened Great Beings into their initial creation and the spread of Mata-Nui (island) Matoran cutlure, and their own culture which has flourished for many thousands of years and is very technology-dependent. They decorate their intricate exoskeletons with tattoo-like paintings; this was initially phased out with Matoran of the northern Matoran universe, the ones of Metru-Nui instead having the top of their masks silver then fade to the masks actual color, but after living outside of Metru-Nui for one thousand years the Matoran of Metru-Nui (or Mata-Nui) went back to their origins and adopted more tribal traditions, and even expanded upon their myths to create a religion based on not only the three virtues given to them by the Great Beings, but virtues for each of their tribes. Since immigrating to Spheros Magnos and having lots of contacts with the non-primal elemental tribes (gravity, lightning, the green, etc), said tribes also developed religious principals based around their tribes and cultures. Most Matoran are hard and diligent workers, taking pride in their work as they labor to please their watchful idol Mata Nui (formally this was done to ensure the body of the Great Spirit survived, but due to it's destruction, it now has a more symbolic meaning to it); Matoran that do not enjoy working are either just plain tired or lazy, or they are destined to become Toa later in their lives, as eccentric Matoran have been known to be chosen ones.

The Matoran are made out of artificial organic protodermis, both hard (both exo- and indo-skeletons) and soft (muscles and organs) variants. They need to have a steady supply of energy, which in ages past was used full 24-hour recharge every several decades, but after living outside the Matoran Universe for a thousand years, the Matoran of Metru-Nui have grown accustomed to gathering energy by food, which they can eat through either their mouths or through small nutrient extractors on the palm of their hands (which they activate by will). These nutrient extractors surround a small little port with weak magnetic properties that enable them to have a limited control over certain devices and tools from the Matoran Universe, like say a staff with a blade at the end, and the blade has many circles, lines various other intricacies that can move to the wielders will like an extension of their nervous system (this bond ceases whenever a matoran wills it; the magnetic properties only work on tools from the Matoran Universe cultures).
    Matoran also have to wear masks (kanohi, in their tongue) that act as their face, and without these they begin to weaken until they succumb to a comatose slumber. The masks have a standard shape, but after wearing one for a while a mask begins to develop a soul imprint on it, and the mask slightly changes to conform to the individual, making the mask become more animated and expressive like an organic face; the soul imprint also means that a trace of their metaphysical being is left on it, so by pouring life energy (which every living being has, just the Matoran Universe inhabitants have easier access to it) onto the mask you can completely resurrect the matoran. Certain Matoran have prescribed Destinies that have been written out by Grunchar the Creator (though the Matoran give this credit to Mata Nui, who only recognized prophecies given to him by the Great Beings), and can be transformed into super-powered beings called Toa, whom, once they have fulfilled their destiny, can sacrifice their Toa energy for a greater cause and turn into de-powered Toa called Turaga, who usually use their incredible life experiences as a source of wisdom in guiding Matoran as village and community elders.

-- Jirapa:
    The Jirapatine Empire (or just Jirapa in-game) is a government that goes back thousands of years before the Core War. It is ruled by a race of giants called Jirapa, which itself means giants in Agori and Matoran. Long ago they met the Agori, and satisfied their hunger upon their warriors, those meek women that were left over the forced to give them children. This resulted in the unholy creation of the Skrall. Since then, the Jirapa had always been ruling over the Rock Tribe Agori as slave masters and possible eaters and using their unholy spawn as fit warriors for their pillaging armies. Ironically, it would be one of these fit warriors that would begin the decline of the Jirapa Empire, as the legendary Green Skrall, Graeni, started an insurrection based in Greater Bara Magna, freeing many Agori and slaying many giants before being killed by his enemies. The Jirapa race name themselves the Rock Tribe because: the Jirapa see themselves as the spawn of a titanic hermaphrodite goblin-god that dwells within the mountains or (maybe is) one of the mountains of northern Spherus Magna (Bota Magna region), naming themselves Sons of the Mountain in their mysterious native tongue; to translate easier in the Agori tongue, they went by the name Rock Tribe. Some time after the Core War, the Jirapatine Empire (which is another name for it) found a way into the Valley of the Great Beings, and were enchanted by the shape of said maze. Myths hold that ultimate power lay inside the mighty volcano that toward forth from the mazes center, so they made the maze their flag in symbolizing that they were a force to be reckoned with.

By attempting to open the maze, the Jirapa were cut down one by one by the shape-shifting Baterra robots that were inside of the maze until years later the Jirapatine Emperor Tumallus was all that was left on Bara Magna. Tumallus sought to conquer Greater Bara Magna, unite the tribes, then use all the combined resources to fight back what he saw as the greater threat. After dueling the exiled god and champion of the Agori, Mata Nui, while injured and losing to him, Tumallus was exiled as was custom; he lived in a cave where he was brought food by those that still honored his nobility and often brought council to his regent Stronius (an Elite Skrall at the time) through written word until he died. Since then, the Skrall Empire has been ruled by a dynasty of regents that descend down from the mighty warrior Stronius. The Jirapatine Empire can be legally recognized (created in-game) once a Jirapa has been put in power. Most Jirapa have been slain, but there are still pockets of these giants still in existence, all of which are located in Bota Magna. Most Jirapa are vassals of the Element Lord of Rock, while some others are still independent and wish to be the Emperor of all Jirapa (which would mean the conquering of the Skrall Kingdom and the slaying of the Element Lord of Rock, yeah good luck fellas).

-- Skrall:
    The Skrall are a savage and brutal race with traditions going back to thousands of years before the Rise of the Great Beings and the Core War. In far flung ancient times (thousands of years before the rise of the Great Beings), there was a Skrall born green named Graeni [Gray-any], and his initial rescue from his Jirapa father as a baby by his mother (the father did not approve of his skin color and thence was going to commit infanticide via cannibalism), the child grew into a warrior and after slaying his father fought to protect the Agori (both small and tall) from these giants, establishing a great hold in what is now greater Bara Magna, naming it the Chorios Megali Agora (Great/Mega Village of the Agori). Unfortunately, he was slain in battle when the vassals of the Jirapa Emperor stop their petty fighting and opted to put down what they saw as strait insurrection from one of their subjects, as Graeni was a Skrall; many giants died that day, but the greatest of which had to have been Graeni himself. He showed that Skrall, though created by Jirapa, do not have to chain themselves to their will and can make their own destiny.

Now to modern times, the Skrallos Kingdom (or Skrallos, as they will be called in-game) was unofficially started after the exile of the last Jirapatine emperor Tumallus. His strongest warrior, Stronius, adopted the color of Graeni and gathered a sizable amount of the shattered empire's forces and exacted his revenge by attacking Mata Nui's allies in the Battle of Bara Magna, but once the Makuta's forces were greatly weakened, Stronius saw fit to save his people and withdrew. Afterwards, Stronius, bested his rivals in a brief civil war and claimed imperial authority, changing the colors from Jirapa-red to Graeni-green; the signal to change the colors expressed a change in government). Thence also abolishing the treaty made between the traitorous Agori named Metus and the former emperor Tumallus, and had scholarly Agori slaves create a document for him (as he was mostly illiterate) that said that he (and his descendents) was to be emperor until one of the true emperors claims his seat on the throne (notice how he didn't say "until the true emperors return to this realm (realm being the word replacement for planet) or the contemporary ruler advocates the throne for another.
    After the Element Lords were freed, they made kingdoms surrounding the Valley of the Great Beings, and after many patriotic Agori flocked to them, they were able to push back the Baterra and formalize their land holdings. The Element Lord of Rock has engaged many wars against the Skrallos Kingdom for what he sees as his rightful throne.
    If any Jirapa conquers the Skrall or tensions between these two could be eased, then the two nations can merge to reform the Jirapatine Empire (Only Jirapa, the ancient race of giants, can legally rule Jirapatine Empire without the institutions of regency, as that is what he saw the Skrallite Kingdom to be). As the Element Lord of Rock is a Jirapa and is immortal due to the nature of the elemental armor that has bonded to his body for multiple millennia, he is the perfect choice; there are other Jirapa nations too, but not as powerful as the ELR. If you wish to finalize the death of the Jirapa and cement the eternal rule of the Skrall, then by the memory of Graeni that ancient giant must be slain! Only then will the Skrall be totally free to conquer the weaker races.

-- Ostonigosa (or Bone Hunters when translated into Matoran, also called Gatherer(s)):
    These peoples are nomads that have palisade-fenced villages a couple of proper holds throughout their khanates. In early civilization, after migration periods began to dwindle and agori tribes settled down, there were some that were just accustomed to the nomadic way of life, and called forth city life as being blasphemous in the eyes of Grunchar, the universal potter who molded the realms and great star fields with his hands. After a while, they also left behind Grunchar as well, worshiping the sky instead along with a pantheon of lesser gods. They saw how fire feeds the sky through smoke, and concluded that their prime god ate the life force being freed from organic matter as it traveled into his heavenly domain in the form of smoke. When the Jirapa (a race of giants that are descendents of evil kings of old mythic times that practiced cannibalism that were exiled into the northern mountains) emerged from the north and began their conquest and feasting on the many settled Agori tribes that dotted the globe, they praised their gods for their barbaric lifestyle, and invented the sacrificing of preferably living sacrifices (usually animals, the city dwellers they despised or their criminals), attacking many of the remaining villages in order to capture and pillage, and give sacrifices to their god(s) for sparing them from the man-eating heightful monsters. Their way of life barely changed after the Shattering of Spherus Magna, it just made life harder. Forced contact with Agori villages spread ideas from both sides around, the devastated agori adapting desert-proof clothing in combination to their pre-existing styles, and trading of the thornax launcher (thornax being a prickly desert fruit that grew from spiky thistles and is explosive when raw, the thornax launcher being a contemporary Core War weapon that is similar to a crossbow, only it fires thornax fruits instead of sharpened bolts) and other finished goods. Some Ostonigosa realized the need for a city to call there own, and created three: one city in the mountain pass between the White Quartz Mountains and the Black Spike Mountains called Khot Khad, or Gatherer's Ridge as the agori called it; large hideout under the Black Spike mountains and entrance is through a water fall, called Zar-Daguu, or Gatherer's Hideout; and a castle carved into a mountainside between Ateros and Zar-Daguu that is Tsaiz-Kuluu, or the Ostonigosa Stronghold.

-- Middle Agori: Culture of the Element Lords. This culture is based off of the culture of the Agori from before the Shattering, and is fascist in the sense that each Element Lord believes that their particular sub-race and/or ethnicity is the superior one, rules by total dictatorship, and forces their subjects to believe their own beliefs by either threats, violence or brain-washing. The Element Lords see that there is only one master sub-race and wish to see the assimilation of the other Agori varieties and extermination of all non-Agori sentient lifeforms (including both Matoran Universe natives and Skrall). The only Element Lord that is racially different then the others is the Element Lord of Rock, because he is a Jirapa rather then a Tall Agori, and as such he already sees himself as the natural overlord of Agori-kind as is the ancient pre-Great Being Enlightenment tradition of the Jirapa; except for the Skrall, he still wishes to see everything else be done that has been said. As each one of them claim to be 'the master ethnicity', they war often, the first one of theirs resulting in the Great Shattering that devastated Spherus Magna and set many of the things in Bionicle's lore into motion.

-- Old Agori: This culture belongs to the savages and warlord-states that were not brought back into proper civilization like what happened in Greater Bara Magna. If you play as one of these countries you will be able to bring them back to civilization through technology points.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Song Teasers (meaning only a few will be shared here, you will have to wait for the full mod to be done to have the full song list):
    - Neuropolis, by Toa Vanson - Neuropolis is what the agori call Metru Nui (it translates into Brain City). You can imagine Spherus Magna travelers going through the ruins of Metru Nui, or a Matoran remembering the City of Legends in it's glory before the Battle of Bara Magna.
    - Song Of The Nomads, by N/A - This is a song for the Ostonigosa. it is a combination of two songs from the Rome: Total War modification, Europa Barbarorum. I must make this clear, I did not make this song, just put the two songs together since the are very alike

Loading Screens:

Some flags I feel are done:
    Skakdi

Ateros Nova/New Atero

League of Four Kingdoms / Barraki Empire
    This country is made of vassals. In the middle is the kingdom of Pridak, who is both the figurative and literal center of this alliance-built empire. To the west lays the Kingdom of Mantax, to the south lays the Kingdom of Ehlek, and to the east lays the Kingdom of Kalmah.

These ancient warlord-kings once ruled the entirety of the Matoran Universe about 8,401 years ago, and joined by their allied brothers Takadox and Carapar as the League of Six Kingdoms. So Mata Nui, the great spirit and 'guardian' of the Matoran Universe could explore the universe outside of his body with ease, he created six warlords to govern in his place so he could achieve these other goals. They ruled justly for a long time, but noticed how they did all the ruling and got little credit as everyone still praised and worshiped Mata Nui for everything, even things he had no part of. Thinking that Mata Nui was a physical god that could be slain or dethroned by conventional means, they committed treason against their deity and creator, and sought to rule jointly as the new pantheon of the land. Their (futile) attempt was stopped by the Brotherhood of Makuta via the secret treachery of their co-ruler Takadox about 8,201 years ago. Imprisoned and set to be beheaded in front of all, they were swiped by an unknown organization and taken to a highly secretive prison where they were to pay for their crime against the Great Spirit for the rest of their nigh-immortal lives. Seven thousand years later, the prison was destroyed in a mighty quake that shook the universe, finding the prison to be outside of their universe and in a water sea that was contaminated with mutagen; being exposed by this turned them into nightmarish creatures. A thousand years later, they found a way to heal themselves, lost, discovered the treachery of Takadox, and were freed. After forcefully fighting in a war to control the fate of the universe, they witnessed how all was for naught and Makuta Teridax did what Pridak and his brethren could not, overthrow their god and exile him in wastelands yonder.

Time passed, the Battle of Bara Magna changed everything, and Mata Nui, the very being they tried to overthrow, healed them and everyone effected by that mutagen of their nightmarish forms.Restored to their true appearances, they showed themselves to the world and about half of the people coming out of the Matoran Universe that saw the warlords of old, now calling themselves kings-to-be and Pridak the true emperor of all MU races and the shell of the old universe itself, joined them as they thought they witnessed true power and people that could protect them from this dangerous new world. Pridak announced that he and his allies would be taking Ateros Nova and 'saving' the one who bestowed their authority in the first place from undeserving hands, a silent Mata Nui inside the Mask of Life. Within the first fifty years of settling and founding new kingdoms, the League of Four Kingdoms raised their forces and heavily assaulted Ateros Nova in a war that crippled both sides but especially New Atero and her vassalized allies. Defeat seemed inevitable until a squad of Toa infiltrated the Barraki Empire's lines and after incapacitating numerous guards they dueled with the kings and emperor during a holographic meeting with Takadox (which largely consisted of Pridak and Ehlek yelling at the king yonder the sea). The melee broke through the walls and eventually entered into the creation chambers, where Matoran universe were created from large pod-like machines. The toa threatened to destory them and thus hindering the advance of League populations. Fueled in anger, Pridak eventually gave in and surrendered the war, while Ehlek refused and successfully killed one of the toa while almost being killed himself before conceding. The Barraki would have only a few decades to heal from this war before the sly Takadox gave the impression of better relations before commencing an invasion with his purchased allies the Dark Hunters. it would have succeeded had Ehlek not hindered their advance with his naval and aquatic forces, and Matax specialty of heavily armored soldiers held back the armies.

Takadox -
    As a former Barraki, the slight resemblance to the Barraki flag is intentional, though Takadox will defend that he created it first (he did not, however). The Red is for the blood of the native inhabitants of Spherus Magna (or the barbarians as he calls them), the blue-grey is for the blood of his Matoran Universe subjects, and the grey bars are Takadox's blades keeping his people safe and the barbarians out.

This is all propaganda, however, to put him in a good light for wanting to conquer the Matoran Universe peoples with an air of justification. This feeling of justification comes from the initial defeat of the Barraki about 8,201 years before, where he betrayed his fellow warlords to Makuta Teridax in order to be spared of his treachery towards Mata Nui and be left as the sole ruler, and thus emperor, of the Matoran Universe. Unfortunately, before this could happen, Botar, an agent of the Order of Mata Nui, took the imprisoned Barraki and sentenced them to a prison far away for 8,000 years. Re-encountering Makuta Teridax, who has then been corrupted and became the dark lord of the Matoran Universe unbeknownst to Takadox, destroyed their treaty after the course of their brief talk. Sometime later, Takadox was freed and un-mutated. He pronounced his claims not through empirical evidence (saying that it was destroyed in the Second Great Cataclysm, the MU view of the Battle of Bara Magna and the nature of the death of Teridax, through which many would understand as most lost all their possessions int he great destructive quakes)but by actions, immediately hiring large groups of MU immigrants to act as his soldiers and promised them fortune and new homes for their efforts. They traveled far, fighting the enormous forces of the newly-created League of Four Kingdoms. Defeated and low on morale, he trekked east across a great sea and ruthlessly conquered the native Agori and Vorox tribes their, subsequently making them second-class citizens, and settling in their former lands and sacking their houses and holds. Since then, Takadox has made some vassals to lessen his workload and allow himself to pursue his ambitions of conquering the MU peoples.

Ostonigosa (Bone Hunters)
    The sky is their deity (blue), and gives blessings to those that feed him (he reigns supreme at day and night, the colors of the dawn and dusk are competing lesser gods, and to keep his power he needs strength from food; the stars at night being all the most worthy warriors who accompany him). He feeds off of the life force that is visualized as smoke (grey) that burns off from things (orange).
    People that purposely burn to satisfy his hunger by sacrificing organic matter are given blessings. Many warriors that believe in this collect the burnt bones that remained after the burning and decorate themselves in it. This is why they are called Bone Hunters, or Ostonigosa, because they kill people or take them alive and burn them, essentially hunting for bones. When I put these peoples into the game, they will all have the same flag in the background, but a stylized animal or object will be in front of it; if they become united you will have the flag above.

Jirapatine Empire -
    Skrall Kingdom -
    Black is the color for the Skrall and Jirapa, has been for thousands of years and it's true meaning has been lost. The green is for their legendary ancient hero Graeni, and the shape is the same shape on the flag he used. It is speculated that it was the shape of the first Mega Village that he created.
    Element Lord of Rock
    Black is the color for the Skrall and Jirapa, has been for thousands of years and it's true meaning has been lost. The white stands for the light of ancient enlightenment, as the Element Lord of Rock (name still pending), like the other element lords, are from an age long since passed, they see the current one as an age of ignorance and want to bring the arch-realm (planet) back to their age and thinking. The ELR is a Jirapa and thus he will have the ability to restore the Jirapatine Empire if the Skrall Kingdom has successfully been conquered or annexed diplomatically. The ELR state was created as a replacement for the Jirapa Empire around 10,200 years before the game's first bookmark, but the Jirapatine Empire was restored in two

United Spherus Magna (made by AidanBionicle1)
    Tulufu (a Bota Magna tribe; made by AidanBionicle1 and Iaredios)
    Naxkonju (a Bota Magna Tribe; made by AidanBionicle1)
    Noxtongu (a Bota Magna Tribe; made by AidanBionicle1)
    Bohrebeah (a Bota Magna Tribe; made by AidanBionicle1)
    Codehnta (a Bota Magna Tribe; made by AidanBionicle1)
    Chohba (a Bota Magna Tribe; made by AidanBionicle1)
    Vorwoud (Bota Magna Vorox kingdom; made by AidanBionicle1 and Iaredios)
    The green is for the jungle they live in, and the tan is in remembrance that they are of the Sand Agori despite where they live. The black scorpion is a symbol of their jungle home, and themselves, and showing how they will strike venomously when threatened. And the gold lines show that they are rich in both wealth and culture, the patterns showing that they are not jungle savages but again in possession of a comples culture.

This group of Vorox was dwelling on Bota Magna around the time of the Shattering, and it had contact with the Great Being Velika, who planned to use them in his effort to conquer Spherus Magna once Mata Nui had successfully completed the Great Melding of the splintered planet. Velika had warned these Vorox of the upcoming Great Shattering of Spherus Magna and gave them some Great Being technology (armor, weapons), so they gathered many supplies and hid themselves in thence-sealed caves, emerging after a decade when the natural phenomenon mostly passed. Once emerged, they found much of the great forests burnt and blown down and the civilizations of Bota Magna destroyed. Velika's warning gave them a head start in civilization when compared to the agori, skrall and jirapa civilizations, which lost most of everything and had to restart from mostly tribal settings. Ages had passed and Velika, along with the rest of his race, had become revered as gods and they passed the word of Velika's blessings and covenant with this people down through the generations. Vorwoud had become a content, technologically advanced nation that isolated itself from the rest of Bota Magna except for great caravan expeditions that would make a one-time trade deal with a deemed-worthy country every hundred years or so and only conquered land when necessary (farming, population growth, industry, etc). Finally, their apocalyptic prophecies came true when their land was placed back into that of Bara Magna (shortly afterwards renamed Korta Magna (Great Grasses)) and their physical god returned to them.

Other factions that need a flag:
    -- Each Element Lord
    -- Many basic looking flags for various Zyglak tribes that spot the map.
    -- A united Zyglak flag, country can be created when specified provinces are gained; fulfill your revenge upon those that cursed you in ages past with a unified lizard-knuckle-sandwich!
    -- Flags for your own custom countries! (If you made one)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As of April 28, 2015 A.D.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone wants to help, has any questions, or at least finds this interesting, please do comment! Bionicle is very imaginative and I would love to have help fleshing out this humongous planet.

Last edited by Kaiser Quanah; May 05, 2015 at 07:48 PM.
    Big Iron on his hip