Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask and Answer all about Campaign AI stuff

Default Re: Ask and Answer all about Campaign AI stuff

Well I have downloaded his pack(s) and there is no scripting at all. I do see familiar db edits like unit spacing, etc. But all these things just finetune a not perfect battlesystem. To really make changes you have to adjust the scripts and add your own subroutines, triggers, callback's and booleans.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Quote Originally Posted by OpusDei View Post
    Well I have downloaded his pack(s) and there is no scripting at all. I do see familiar db edits like unit spacing, etc. But all these things just finetune a not perfect battle system. To really make changes you have to adjust the scripts and add your own subroutines, triggers, callback's and booleans.
    Yea, I know, I was talking about data.pack, s/o should do the scripting part, but who..

Thou he is doing very well for a person working alone, fixed most of the problems already, without 0 script
    Also most work is on Campaign AI, not much for Battle AI

Might be premature to begin scripting at this point beyond minor edits, CA has a major patch/DLC thing arriving in the next month so hopefully they'll include some scripting/AI fixes with that. The official forums have had constant threads concerning the siege AI issues so it would be foolish of them to have ignored such problems.

Any chance of a sub mod or two from you OpusDei? I'd be interested in looking over your work, sounds pretty interesting. I've made some minor edits to some of the scripting but I've not devoted too much time to more serious tinkering.

Quote Originally Posted by the herald View Post
    Might be premature to begin scripting at this point beyond minor edits, CA has a major patch/DLC thing arriving in the next month so hopefully they'll include some scripting/AI fixes with that. The official forums have had constant threads concerning the siege AI issues so it would be foolish of them to have ignored such problems.

Any chance of a sub mod or two from you OpusDei? I'd be interested in looking over your work, sounds pretty interesting. I've made some minor edits to some of the scripting but I've not devoted too much time to more serious tinkering.
    I guess you are right, it's best we wait.

And I asked the same question to OpusDei, he answered me with this
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14521176

I wonder something about this "cai_personality_cultural_relations_overrides_tables"

I see there are few same sub-culture names on unknown4 and unknown5 , are those stand for separatists vs original faction?

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Hmm related to how they interact between other culture,separatist was from same culture for note, for example

- nomadic hun and eastern romans, regarding like eastern romans value , will you put 0 , 20 or 10 , etc, etc the value will be used on diplomacy screen,

Notice each faction have like, dislike, and hate, and each type have its own version, so after you modify A like B, you also need modify B like A (vice versa) unless you want create A like B but B hates A stuff.

Also i bring some sad news, my request for subforum get denied , you can read here

Pm from Sir Gigantus
    Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze
    Hello Sir Gigantus, can i ask your permission to allow sub forum for submod in Better CAI forum, some people already made their alternate version, for now most of their work i put in here . Its very hard this day finding people that realy have interest in AI modding. But seem the the forum already gather some of promising modder, you can look on here , he just found a way to alter AI via script which i must say awesome, and i try to encourage him to actually release his work and keep doing his reseach.

Thank you very much for all your help Sir Gigantus, wish you luck
    Best regard
    Junaidi83
    I had a look into that thread and while I agree with your notion that it is indeed difficult to find people working with the CAI (or BAI for that matter) I do not think that a sub forum will help here - apart from the fact that it is only one sub mod that I can see here, and it has it's forum\thread already.

My suggestion would be to make a sticky thread where you keep an updated list of links to the discussion threads of these sub mods (usually in the Attila Modification sub forums). At the moment the material I can see does not merit a dedicated sub forum.
    Keep the thread you have linked me to and in it suggest to those members to open their own discussion threads like I mentioned and provide you with a link for your sticky. Once that list has reached a fair number (7-10) I can have a look at the work in them and then decide whether we open a new sub forum in the Attila Modification forum or in yours.

Greets
    Gig
    So its seem you guys need to create your own thread , in Better AI forum, after its number reach fair number then the permission will be granted, anyways i feel sad look most of your work Sharp seem end like this especially in my own place.After all i promise you guys get proper place to display your work result, anyways its mean you need to create your mod version in new thread, i know its will require more works, but alas i cant do anything for this
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; May 20, 2015 at 04:33 PM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Hmm related to how they interact between other culture,separatist was from same culture for note, for example

- nomadic hun and eastern romans, regarding like eastern romans value , will you put 0 , 20 or 10 , etc, etc the value will be used on diplomacy screen,

Notice each faction have like, dislike, and hate, and each type have its own version, so after you modify A like B, you also need modify B like A (vice versa) unless you want create A like B but B hates A stuff.
    Yea, I guess that table doesn't have separatist suffix, but has that instead (same culture vs same culture)

About A vs B stuff, well A likes B but B hates A stuff is possible, I mean if A faction has "Likes B faction" and B faction has "Hates A faction"
    But maybe I'm missing something? (I'm not gonna change positive value to negative or vice versa of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze
    Also i bring some sad news, my request for subforum get denied , you can read here

Pm from Sir Gigantus

I had a look into that thread and while I agree with your notion that it is indeed difficult to find people working with the CAI (or BAI for that matter) I do not think that a sub forum will help here - apart from the fact that it is only one sub mod that I can see here, and it has it's forum\thread already.

My suggestion would be to make a sticky thread where you keep an updated list of links to the discussion threads of these sub mods (usually in the Attila Modification sub forums). At the moment the material I can see does not merit a dedicated sub forum.
    Keep the thread you have linked me to and in it suggest to those members to open their own discussion threads like I mentioned and provide you with a link for your sticky. Once that list has reached a fair number (7-10) I can have a look at the work in them and then decide whether we open a new sub forum in the Attila Modification forum or in yours.

Greets
    Gig
    So its seem you guys need to create your own thread , in Better AI forum, after its number reach fair number then the permission will be granted, anyways i feel sad look most of your work Sharp seem end like this especially in my own place.After all i promise you guys get proper place to display your work result, anyways its mean you need to create your mod version in new thread, i know its will require more works, but alas i cant do anything for this
    dw about me mate, I'm good

And well he is right to be honest, there is no any AI sub-mod yet, and mine well they are not really sub-mods.

About encouraging, well idk what we can do about it, AI modding not too hard but requires too much and long testing (well, most of the part, not all) and most of the ppl doesn't want that, not enough time or just their pc not that good enough to do so

- - -

I couldn't find the values of "Admire Strong Empires" or "Hates Rival Empires" traits, where are they?

Also what these tables do anyway, any ideas? (You don't have them in ur mod)
    cai_personality_group_overrides_tables and cai_personality_group_junctions_tables
    Last edited by SharpEyed; May 20, 2015 at 05:09 PM.

Dont know its will require assembly kit to translate the unkown 2 and unknown 4 function
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

Ops written the same table name for the 2nd one,

should have been "cai_personality_group_junctions_tables", and that one has hell a lot of values

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

So was liberation deliberately disabled? man, that makes things so much more difficult for horde factions .
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    Ops written the same table name for the 2nd one,

should have been "cai_personality_group_junctions_tables", and that one has hell a lot of values
    Hmm also dont know require assembly kit to translate many unknown tables, you right Sharp, when i get the tools i will try tinkering with this table, seem lots of potential

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    So was liberation deliberately disabled? man, that makes things so much more difficult for horde factions .
    I think its was replaced by Subjugated option, which create massive number of puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Hmm also dont know require assembly kit to translate many unknown tables, you right Sharp, when i get the tools i will try tinkering with this table, seem lots of potential
    Ah ok, thought you already have'em

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze
    I think its was replaced by Subjugated option, which create massive number of puppet
    replaced? I think Subjugate option was there already?

anyway it's easy stuff to Activate it again but idk if we can do that for only player (not AI)

btw I see that liberated factions might not fight with Romans, but instead fight with the ones that liberated them
    it was fun (with 3.5 I guess)

I can suggest you my Better Hordes mod, it also has Liberation ability for Nomads (for now only Huns playable tho)
    Last edited by SharpEyed; May 21, 2015 at 02:06 AM.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

you can't enable both at the same time? what part do we need to change for that, DB or ESF?
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

you can't enable both at the same time? what part do we need to change for that, DB or ESF?
    i don't need to add that to my mod because it's active for both Radious and vanilla (I mean Barbarian liberation, Nomads dont have it), and well that mod is not only for liberation ofc

Anyway, it's db (so you need this), "culture_settlement_occupation_options_tables" , only thing you need to do is adding 1 row from data.pack (well, copy paste and save)
    Last edited by SharpEyed; May 21, 2015 at 03:03 AM.

So I played few turns as Sassanids to see what's gonna happen

Well Puppets are as loyal as they were before, even tho very low relationships, like -300 something (not all of them)
    And they have low relationships to each other as well, but no war (well idk if they would if I would continue more than just few)

Also they were like neutral with ERE, but no matter what all of them joined war against them when I declared war (except Armenia)

And interesting that these guys want peace no matter how is our relationships,

Click to view content: 

Anyway I know what to do, lower the Puppet income bonus of Sassanids like %100 to %80 something, and add -%20 upkeep for Sassanid separatists

Also add -%60 something less Snow attrition trait to Roman Empires (including Separatists), if I can

- - - -

On the other hand, when Sassanids was AI, they declared war on its some puppets in few turns, instead me (ERE), quite interesting
    they did later thou
    Last edited by SharpEyed; May 21, 2015 at 01:06 PM.

Is it intentional that the Northmen factions all have immune to sea-sickness/snow attrition etc? I hadn't noticed it until just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate Strawberry View Post
    Is it intentional that the Northmen factions all have immune to sea-sickness/snow attrition etc? I hadn't noticed it until just now.
    Yup it's intentional

And there is 1-2 more surprises but I won't tell

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    Yup it's intentional

And there is 1-2 more surprises but I won't tell
    Dammit, I almost worked out every secret.

(I really need to pay attention more. )

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate Strawberry View Post
    Dammit, I almost worked out every secret.

(I really need to pay attention more. )
    lol

hint: Huns

Danes seem sort of under-appreciated now, with Radious mod especially, compared to the other two Northmen. Although it makes sense that they all have these traits.

Huns being even more deadly.