Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Ask and Answer all about Campaign AI stuff

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: Ask and Answer all about Campaign AI stuff

One question though : does the AI has an absolute priority to go after the player in the mod ? I say that because I had 5 full Roman stacks chasing my single horde army everywhere in Spain(very challenging), but their entire Empire was being crushed on the eastern front..
    Hmm no, its the Opposite actually, they dont target player , unless they are forced too. Tough luck, i guess your horde was on Roman land, so naturally your presence itself was considered as thread by AI. About the other part of their empire is getting crushed, i can say that AI make bad jugdement on handling their eastern front, basicly they will try to react to the closer and easy threat they can handle nearby, but since its was the AI from the game that was not update to much, (yes its still far from perfect)

good mod though, is there a submod that removes the artillery changes ?
    Like Sir Sharp already said, if you remove artillery from equation then you can say "bye bye" to siege scenario especially when dealing with walled settlement, tough choice hope future update will correct AI behaviour
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Is this compatible with Cinematic Combat (Radious Version) mod?? I tryed using both and in mod manager the only conflicts are kv_rules

Just load the cinematic mod above the mod and all shall be good
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Just load the cinematic mod above the mod and all shall be good
    Thanks

And is the current version 3.6??

Yes it is, the mod will be updated to 3.7 when the new DLC come out

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Yes it is, the mod will be updated to 3.7 when the new DLC come out
    Hey, someone uploaded this mod on Steam Workshop, and there is both Vanilla Version and Radious version. Isn't the mod supposed to work for both??

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

In download file (rar/zip whatever) there is both Vanilla and Radious one, if you are using Radious mod you need Radious compatible one..

For steam one, well I guess that person didn't want to share them in same rar file, so did it like that.

hey Junaidi, does the AI colonize razed city? They don't seem to do it. Im using your Hard version with radious.

Yes they will do it eventually Sir LordN00KE, its also related on how safe the teritory situation, for example the AI will never want to recolonize if on the current region there is enemy faction lurking around. With the 3.6 Version, the Hun AI is very powerfull force, that simply you cant beat it even with combine force of human and other AI so in theory i doubt you can see lot of colonize.

Sadly the game still have its own bug which only affect Hun Faction AI only, i just hope the next official update from C.A along with new DLC will fix the problem with AI + lv4 walled settlement. If you notice despite the Hun do bring artillery they dont siege lvl 4 walled settlement, just sitting around like usual. Luckly i buff the Hun so damn powerfull so even they simply sit in your land they can suck your food - 100 per/stack which will lead to famine and attrition warfare if you dont try to repel the Hun from your land (in case Human player try to abuse and exploit this current bug regarding AI Hun, i can only think this as the only solution)

New patch notes are up Jun:

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Vengence_of_the_Suebi_Update

Campaign
    • Fixed a variety of Campaign AI lock-ups.
    • Fixed some Campaign AI lock ups caused by armies /navies being unable to exit zones of control.
    • Fixed a Save Game crash on Mac.
    • Performance improvements for Campaign AI Siege logic.
    • Improved Campaign AI reinforcement logic.
    Lets hope this is what we've been waiting for.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

let's hope so, and actually there is not much change/fix other than those, mostly small stuff, like prologue lol.
    Last edited by SharpEyed; June 24, 2015 at 09:35 PM.

Campaign
    Fixed a variety of Campaign AI lock-ups.
    Fixed some Campaign AI lock ups caused by armies /navies being unable to exit zones of control.
    Seem the AI will not stuck again, that mean more fluid AI movement behaviour, on 3.6 i already tweak the AI movement to became very fluid, so in theory, if C.A dont lie, then this fix will allow even more fluid AI movement then you ever see. I notice sometime certain stack locked in certain area they do repeat movement from A- B, B-A forever until there is enemy threat them. Good for defense bad for offensive

Performance improvements for Campaign AI Siege logic.
    I hope this was tweak related lvl 4 walled settlement for Hun

Improved Campaign AI reinforcement logic.
    What kind of reinforcement ? Do AI send additional stack to help city that under siege or what , interesting
    Sadly i dont see any FPS boost performance issue , right now i found myself play rome 2 since its offer the most friendly fps with all option set to max

Lets hope this is what we've been waiting for.
    Well i still have your save game, when the new dlc is out its should be fun just loading the save game and see did the Hun do siege lvl 4 walled settlement like normally they should do.
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; June 25, 2015 at 01:50 AM.

It definitely lacks details, I wish they were less vague.

Ok, it seems they do colonize, but it seems that the huns only make 8 unit stacks. but they have a lot of stacks... Tho its probably my own tweaks that is causing it and not your AI mod.

OK so the Hun AI is fixed, it besieges fairly often now (though no where near enough, like 2 seiges with 20 armies raiding). Lets see if you can work your magic on em Jun

Jun, you can also try to remove the negative movement for the raiding stance for the hordes, see if the huns would siege more. Other than that I guess we have to rely on your magical powers.

Hmm you must understand, the AI never want do raiding stance on the first place, its logic is like this

- On hostile teritory, what i should do

A)Enemy was more powerful then me, so i either go use fortify stance or raiding stance, Hun cant do fortify stance so they stuck on raiding
    B)Enemy was weaker then me, so i do siege them

Like i said, there is bug from the game itself that prevent AI like Hun rather move forward capture new city, they just idle and roaming around like wildling , seem they are more active if Attila was lead them, either its script or something. While for other faction have no problem to expand.

I already try experiment to remove raiding stance from Hun, its still cant help Hun AI to do siege, but its help them to move forward, since its either normal or double stance, so their movement was very rapid, but since i think its will broke the game mechanic, like Hun without raiding stance, so i cancel the plans

OK so the Hun AI is fixed, it besieges fairly often now (though no where near enough, like 2 seiges with 20 armies raiding). Lets see if you can work your magic on em Jun
    Oh so today update you already tested it, do lvl 4 walled settlement is count on it ?

Jun, you can also try to remove the negative movement for the raiding stance for the hordes, see if the huns would siege more. Other than that I guess we have to rely on your magical powers.
    Hahaha, Hun itself already more than powerfull, true they may have negative movement from raiding, but do you notice they able to replenish their army during raiding, while its not as fast like "encampment". Also they get more food from raiding. Like i said its realy Demi God faction, not mention take no attrition from winter. They just need patch properly from C.A itself
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; June 25, 2015 at 11:22 PM.

Yep they now beseige cities and level 4 villages without any issue. Only issue I've noticed are perhaps they don't seige enough as they have lots of hordes sitting around raiding still.

Another thing to note, I think the broken occupation options with 3.6 and this patch stops the AI working properly. I tried a radious "everyone can raze" submod and it had the same problem, AI all stopped declaring war or besieging until I removed it.
    Last edited by the herald; June 26, 2015 at 09:05 AM.

Glad to hear it Sir Herald , then i only need to fix several stuff, messing a little with Hun task core, and voila, since the main issue is gone i think most of the heavy lifting issue is gone.