Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: New game announced - Total War: WARHAMMER

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: New game announced - Total War: WARHAMMER

will it be possible to play as some tilean principate?
    Huic ab adulescentia bella intestina, caedes, rapinae, discordia civilis grata fuerunt ibique iuventutem suam exercuit

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Should be interesting to see what CA can do with this, I would expect more depth and less flash and now I must take my medication.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Again Warscape engine? Great, so i can save my bucks for something more useful like new socks.

Barbarian Nobility's Avatar Tribunus
    South Australia - Land of the Bogan and home of the serial killer

Four factions, lol. Lol indeed.

Beorix's Avatar Tiro

this is clearly NOT the kind of game i was waiting for.
    I hope the next will be better..

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal at portas View Post
    this warhammer be a great failure of CA only buy warhammer fans,freaks,adolescents and casual gamers,whereby the true total war community must remain quiet.
    How exactly will this affect the 'true total war community'? (which appears to be everyone you disagree with)
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Will CA View Post
    Don't think factions, think races. In Total War: WARHAMMER you’ll have four races to choose from, Greenskins, The Empire, Dwarfs and Vampire Counts. Each race has a legendary lord character , who is the leader of a faction within your chosen race.
    Any one else thinks this was deliberately set to 4 so we'll have a lot of DLCs in the future?

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    Any one else thinks this was deliberately set to 4 so we'll have a lot of DLCs in the future?
    Thing about Warhammer is that you can't just copy units or even models to other factions because each faction is an entirely different skeleton structure with unique machines/monsters etc.

PonySlaystation's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Maist View Post
    Oh no..
    I guess it's another game series that died.
    RIP TW
    all those negativity junkies
    lets wait before we judge CA or the game after a single official CGI trailer (which was pretty cool even if you dont know warhammer imo).
    i wasnt really interested in getting Attila first after the Rome2 debacle but i am enjoying Attila (Vanilla) a lot now.

i also wasnt really interested in the game (or the warhammer universe in general) after the "unofficial" TW:Warhammer announcement a while ago but after some reading and watching some youtube videos (Channel: Arch Warhammer f.e.) i really cant wait for this game and this great universe if CA manages to implement it the right way. there is so much more possibilities in units and races than in LotR for example (the only things in the LotR franchise that would be interesting to me in a TW game would be a few parts of the silmarillion tbh ).

my biggest fear though is that CA just skips too many story details, races, or unit variations which is clearly the most interesting part (for me) in TW:Warhammer. also an unmoddable TW? well that kinda sucks hard tbh.

also for everyone who isnt happy with the fantasy stuff just skip this one, stop dooming the game and let us fantasy nerds have some fun with a TW like this. you will get your historic TW for sure in one and a half year or so.
    Last edited by PonySlaystation; April 22, 2015 at 04:45 PM.
    Ferrum Noricum

TEAM SKAVEN
    TEAM DARK ELVES
    TEAM TOMB KINGS

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Finally, I can not wait seeing some gameplay footage

Sherm's Avatar Ordinarius

I Hope for warhammer fans that this is not attila with orcs.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post

I think it's a mixture of that and a mixture of CA being absolutely useless when it comes to animations.

As somebody who had High Elves and Dark Elves, the complete lack of even mentioning Elves is worrying.
    Since the trend of DLC for Rome II and Atilla was to add 3 factions at a time, I'm worried we'll get an "Elf Faction pack" with High, Dark and Wood Elves.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

I guess I'll add my voice to those who are very excited about this announcement. I like the trailer, really gives you gives you expectations of the epic scale that Warhammer should be. I hope the coming weeks (or months) bring us more news, as only four races is a bit disappointing. I'll wait with my final judgement until we start seeing some real gameplay footage along with more info on how the game will work. For now, I'll wait with hope for the better.

As a warhammer fan, i am happy to finally play the epic battles shown in all the warhammer artworks. But when watching the trailer, I am extremly disapointed for the following reasons:
    1) I have seen no sign of the end times in that trailer. A bit odd considering all the new miniatures which came out with those chapters. And especially the apocalyptic timeframe would be perfect.
    2) I already see the faction dlcs coming. No mention off elves, lizardmen, ogres, all the freaking rest off the chaos gods, no skaven etc etc
    3) this is going to be so imperial centric.
    For 40k universe this is different as 50% of the factions are imperials. But for fantasy? Everybody should be getting the same love, for detail.
    4) tzeentsh. Not much to say, except that there isnt much uniqueness playing chaos as tzeentsh...( if all the gods are included this is a different story)
    5) considering "the coming soon" at the end, it gave me chills. Why do we have to get a total war every year? Cant you guys just pull off a complete game like gta 5, by just taking your time?
    Rome 2 was a mess
    Attila came out half hearted content wise
    6) considering this might come out next year, I doubt there is a new engine going to be developped.
    This would be the 6 th game with that terrible warscape engine. Considering units just slide around and have no collision in the current game, I am wondering how it will look like when a giant smashes into a bunch of imperial troops.
    7) warhammer without blood and gore isnt warhammer

I am really skeptical that Ca will be able to pull off a complete game in the warhammer universe, especially when they havent been able to with their last two gems taking place during historical settings...

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

I am SUPER excited about this announcement!

It concerns me that you mention that there will be only 4 races (thankfully, not just 4 factions, so a divided Empire is still possible!!!), but I remain hopeful for this game!

I am really hoping for the ability to raise the dead during battle as the Vampire Counts! Of course, I would only limit it to the most powerful of the Counts, but it would be amazing to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian Nobility View Post
    Four factions, lol. Lol indeed.
    Remember, Orcs and Goblins are many different tribes. There are Night Goblins, Forest Goblins, Savage Orcs, Orc and Goblin hordes, Orc only hordes and Mongol style Goblin Hordes.

Then we have the Empire which is pretty much the decentralized HRE from real life.

Not all Vampires are united under the same banner either.

And the Dwarfs may have a High King, but every hold is essentially it's own nation.

Just heard about this a few hours ago, and I am PUMPED. CE, now that this is official, I have only one request.

Make. It. Moddable.

I am painfully aware of just how time-consuming and rage-inducing even simple coding can be. Having to code inherently dissimilar armies like the Orcs, Dwarfs and Humans, all requiring entirely different sets of skeletal models and animations, must be hellish on your programming team. I give you all my sympathies, and hope to enjoy the fruits of you labors for many years after it has been released.

While I certainly hope and encourage you all to give us the best possible game you can make, I also recognize that circumstances may not let you accomplish everything that you or your fans wanted. You have a time table to keep, and your resources - while undoubtedly significant - are limited by what the company executives will allot you. For this reason, I think all of us here will appreciate it if you make the game as flexible and easy to mod as you can manage.

Let us have full mod support, because even after you pass onto your next project, the fans who love your work will continue to make new, wonderful things that everyone can enjoy.

I wish you the best of luck, and look forward to playing this game when it comes out.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Just going to mention it to anyone who's interested: CA says Total War: WARHAMMER has been in development for years now.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    It concerns me that you mention that there will be only 4 races (thankfully, not just 4 factions, so a divided Empire is still possible!!!)
    I really hope for this, Empire needs to be Divided!

steam page
    The valiant Karl Franz marshals the men of the Empire, seeking to unite the fractured elector counts under a banner of strength against their common enemies.
    Last edited by Karnil Vark Khaitan; April 22, 2015 at 04:57 PM.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I really don't think this will be anything like any of us want. I remained open minded even during the development of Rome II, I'd say I even got excited towards the end.
    That game was an utter failure of a game and Atilla was just a reskinned expansion sold to us for full price.

I want to be optimistic. I've been waiting for a game like this based around Warhammer for years... I just can't be optimistic, given CA's track record.

I've also seen people asking for an army painter, which makes perfect sense with Warhammer.
    We're talking about CA here. Does nobody remember that we were told Napoleon would come with a uniform editor and it didn't? Then we were told it would come later and it didn't? Then we sort of got it in Shogun 2 but only for multiplayer but then they didn't bother doing anything similar after that?