Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: New game announced - Total War: WARHAMMER

Default Re: New game announced - Total War: WARHAMMER

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    Respect to you will for actually responding to my post. Didnt expect a response.

Anyway, I assumed CA would have more control but would use the same development routine that limited campaign map modding in previous titles since Empire. Campaign map modding is what everyone is missing anyway... anyway
    what I took from your statement - "No mod support for Warhammer because Sega are a bunch of "... No offense Will.

And whats the ETA on the Britannia DLC for Attila. I cant wait to conquer Britannia as the saxons. But please add more than 140 regions.
    more like Games workshop wouldn't let them give us tools to change their ip

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    Respect to you will for actually responding to my post. Didnt expect a response.

Anyway, I assumed CA would have more control but would use the same development routine that limited campaign map modding in previous titles since Empire. Campaign map modding is what everyone is missing anyway... anyway
    what I took from your statement - "No mod support for Warhammer because Sega are a bunch of "... No offense Will.

And whats the ETA on the Britannia DLC for Attila. I cant wait to conquer Britannia as the saxons. But please add more than 140 regions.
    ​Don't blame CA or Sega. If you want to blame someone, blame Games Workshop. They are far worse, just ask any Warhammer or Warhammer 40k fan.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Let's hope this makes enough money for a good new engine for the next historical game!

Anyways Jack you will still be able to mod with community made tools right? I assume that it's just CA won't give any tools themselves

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    ​Don't blame CA or Sega. If you want to blame someone, blame Games Workshop. They are far worse, just ask any Warhammer or Warhammer 40k fan.
    that is what I honestly are thinking right now :/ but DOW2 had modsupport or was more or less moddable.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

This is beyond awesome!!
    I might even buy it...

DON'T YOU DARE drop it, like Rome 2, CA!!

Looking forward to seeing some gameplay footage. Surprised it's a trilogy, wouldn't have thought that. One game with 2 major expansions would make more sense.

Anyways, interesting to hear it's developed parallel to historical TW.
    Winter is Coming

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    They ruined White Dwarf magazine and turned a fantasy/sci fi rpg/tabletop/boardgame players mag into a Games Workshop catalogue (early 1980s). Worst thing was kids could get kicked out of playing Warhammer in clubs their shops from not using the official paint products on the figures.

First edition Warhammer rules are quite good used them for other tabletop wargaming purposes.

The one good thing about Games Workshop is they should make sure CA don't do a Rome 2 launch.

If CA decently pull off the fly unit mechanic in the trilogy then planes and such like in a more modern period historical TW is possible (WW1)

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

Will, give me my elves or the Hype gets it...

Respectfully,
    Everto

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

HA, this is awesome, I knew it was coming but this is still awesome

OT: why do some of you guys hate it? warhammer universe + world is the perfect fit for total war series.

I want LOTR game. I am a huge tokkien fan please ca, get the license!
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    I want LOTR game. I am a huge tokkien fan please ca, get the license!
    One can only dream...

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

No modding tools? Oh boy. The mods that could've sprung from the new features necessary to support a Warhammer TW game were the one thing that kept me defending CA on this issue. Warhammer itself, as a universe, doesn't interest me in the slightest. So yeah, no thanks, this isn't for me at all. But best of luck to everyone looking forward to this. Hope it's good!

The modding thing worries me. I hope "no plans to support" means its still moddable and not intentionally restricted.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Horaayyyyyyyyyyy , finally
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

If I recall, Rome I through Napoleon Total War had nearly or no modding support whatsoever, so hopefully "No official modding support" doesn't mean anything important.

Also, more on topic with the thread, YES. FANTASY TOTAL WAR, FINALLY.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Karnil Vark Khaitan View Post
    that is what I honestly are thinking right now :/ but DOW2 had modsupport or was more or less moddable.
    ​DOW2 had as much mod support as ETW had. DOW1 did have mod support

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

I think I'll pass from Warhammer. Personally I liked Total War because of its roots in history and I have no desire to get this at all. I guess I've always found this world too vibrant and interesting to really be able to immerse myself in some kind of High Fantasy setting.

This departure from history I think sets a dangerous precedent.

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    I think I'll pass from Warhammer. Personally I liked Total War because of its roots in history and I have no desire to get this at all. I guess I've always found this world too vibrant and interesting to really be able to immerse myself in some kind of High Fantasy setting.

This departure from history I think sets a dangerous precedent.
    How so? They stated that the Warhammer titles are being produced -alongside- the historical ones.

i liked the world of lord of the rings because there was so many monsters in battles and there are battles like those of the ancient world or mediaval age in terms of tactics and formations,I've seen the video and this is the sheerest nonsense style arcade game full of monsters in a chaos without formations,without strategies.i do not like orcs models,i never liked the style of warhammer mixing concepts, races, gunpowder steel, a true single game for lovers warhammer only.
    i would have preferred the world of Tolkien or CA would have created the era of pike and musked.
    hopefully that CA release all necessary tools for modders usable depth to total war attila and make excelents mods such as the rise of Mordor or other historical mods,soon releasing tools,because for the first time in fifteen years will do the first total war game that I will not buy.
    CA should release all the necessary tools to modify the total attila war by respect for clients who faithfully bought all the games in the serie.
    CA will lose many customers,especially those most loyal customers and veterans.
    Last edited by Anibal at portas; April 22, 2015 at 04:09 PM.

I prefer mutch more this theme !

Pls CA give us Total War : Aztec
    instead of the stupid fantasy world !

but until then give us modding Tools for modding Attila and Rome 2 !!
    Last edited by Hunor; April 22, 2015 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Litany of fury View Post
    So no chaos then? You dun goofed CA. Chaos and The Empire are two of the biggest factions in Warhammer. Making a warhammer game without Chaos is like making a pie with no crust.
    Given the appearance of the Demon in the trailer, it's reasonable to assume they will be the unplayable antagonist faction.

If the game has alot of freedom as a usual TW game it could be good, but if it's a linear Dark Omen type story-based one I may pass. GW have always been against genres that immitate the board games too closely as they tend to eat into their profit margins.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.