Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: New game announced - Total War: WARHAMMER

Default Re: New game announced - Total War: WARHAMMER

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    So, there will be a trilogy eh?
    A trilogy of feet?!
    Total War: Shogun 2 and its mod tool set, The Assembly Kit, are on the Steam Workshop. Check it out here.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Leving View Post
    lol, a fantasy game tw with no mod tools and using warscape. Warhammer fans rekt.
    ​Not really, modders were able to make ETW into a great game, and there were little to no mod tools. I'm sure they'll be able to do something with Warhammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Will CA View Post
    Hahahahahaha

Ok, so Warscape is a subsystem of the TW3 Engine that deals with graphics rendering, so what you see graphically on the battlefield. Yes, it is iterated on alongside the rest of the TW3 Engine and the latest version is a part of the technology behind Total War: WARHAMMER.
    DirectX12?

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Will there be top banter in-game Will?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Freud View Post
    DirectX12?
    In terms of DX, Windows versions, minimum and maximum specifications, we haven’t announced details yet. Stay tuned for official announcements on the forums or our Facebook page.
    Total War: Shogun 2 and its mod tool set, The Assembly Kit, are on the Steam Workshop. Check it out here.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Ok, so Warscape is a subsystem of the TW3 Engine that deals with graphics rendering, so what you see graphically on the battlefield. Yes, it is iterated on alongside the rest of the TW3 Engine and the latest version is a part of the technology behind Total War: WARHAMMER.
    Alright I am going to skip this one. Or wait til the whole trilogy is released as a single gold edition. Not going to buy it full price for sure.

CA don't realize in what hole they throw themselves. They thought they have seen everything with historical accuracy enthusiasms. They know nothing !

Deeply hurt by the lack of elves and bretonnian knights.

On the bright side, less chance half of the factions will have "Germanic <Unit Type>" filling up 75% of their roster.

A trilogy of feet?!
    He, he, so much fantasy?! I kept on writing in that post-

A trilogy of feet?!
    GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!! you roman sandals wearing hip, you are upsetting my dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
    Deeply hurt by the lack of elves and bretonnian knights.

On the bright side, less chance half of the factions will have "Germanic <Unit Type>" filling up 75% of their roster.
    How can you possibly be deeply hurt by someone else making a product, telling you what it will include, and not forcing you to buy it? Explain how you are worse off than you were yesterday?

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

In other words, it is another adaptation of the game engine which has already found deeply lacking in the development of the Total War Game! Is CA really so lacking motivation and ambition to take Total War to a new level in strategy games. Seems this Warhammer will just be a modified version of Attila as that was a version of R2TW after so many fixes needed to be done.

No mods? No buy.

Warscape engine?

Definitelly no buy.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

And i bet you thought certain historical accuracy remarks were pedantic. Brace yourselves. If there are no laurels on my reiksguard or no KF sigil on every single one of their shields i'll haunt you every night.

Interesting announcement, could you tell us if there is a more traditional Total War game in the works, even in very early planning phases? Or is this the next chapter in the main series of Total War games?

Also Will and CA thanks for still engaging with this forum despite all the flak you take. It's appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by caratacus View Post
    In other words, it is another adaptation of the game engine which has already found deeply lacking in the development of the Total War Game! Is CA really so lacking motivation and ambition to take Total War to a new level in strategy games. Seems this Warhammer will just be a modified version of Attila as that was a version of R2TW after so many fixes needed to be done.
    Dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Vardeus View Post
    And i bet you thought certain historical accuracy remarks were pedantic. Brace yourselves. If there are no laurels on my reiksguard or no KF sigil on every single one of their shields i'll haunt you every night.
    And sleep at day?

I think the WH universe is so enriched by years of art work and story additions that it is impossible to reflect it in a game. Isn't it?

How much do you expect it to be limited by the game possibilities. As I am new everything is a discovery for me so I have no expectations.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; April 22, 2015 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Epirus View Post
    How can you possibly be deeply hurt by someone else making a product, telling you what it will include, and not forcing you to buy it? Explain how you are worse off than you were yesterday?
    Yesterday i was holding on to the hope that Bretonnia would be a playable faction as i love that faction from Warhammer novels. Now i am sad that they won't be a faction in the game. That's a bummer!

Very excited for this game but I really hope I don't have to shell $30 just to play my Elves and Lizardmen. You're track record with DLC hasn't exactly been stellar

I actually know almost nothing about Warhammer universe but the trailer was cool I guess. Probably won't be buying it on release but let's hope the game will be as awesome as the first post describes it.

It sucks major donkey balls about no modding support (it really is very sad and pathetic) but I think on the whole people are overreacting a bit, because the release of Attila clearly showed that they can produce games that are polished enough and require little to no modding to be playable. We'll see.

♔Old Dragoon♔'s Avatar I'm Your Huckleberry
    Content Emeritus

I will pass on this until a historical title comes along...