Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: New game announced - Total War: WARHAMMER

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: New game announced - Total War: WARHAMMER

I hope these orcs on facebook will not be game box cover. People may be staying away when they see an ugly orc. Put up a knight of sigmar or a warrior priest or even a chaos knight. These type of things sadly matter.

Also a trilogy? What are the other two games? A game for ulthuan or southern lands?

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Will CA View Post
    Well, Total War was built on a tradition of historical eras, and we’ll continue to do exactly that. Total War: Warhammer is being developed in parallel with our historical titles by a dedicated team.
    don't care for historical austerity or what evar, I care for a fun game which is creative and fun, and warhammer sounds like a breath of fresh air.
    I am not disappoint that you are making a warhammer game,(I am a long time warhammer fan) I am disappoint about this early massage of no modding support?

I mean, I would love to add my own touch as I am doing currently now with my Bactria mod for Attila.

So if you don't do it for me, then do it for Woona

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Tzeentchian cultist summoning a Tzeentch demon

Awesome CA, I'm super excited.
    A mage of Hysh, so we know this guy have fallen to chaos hard.
    Last edited by Karnil Vark Khaitan; April 22, 2015 at 10:27 AM.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Im just waiting to see what kind of unboxing the will do in rally point.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Tzeentchian cultist summoning a Tzeentch demon.
    Thanks, I just googled him (the dragon, not the priest) and it's the same monster Huberto used to show that Warhammer is a bit extravagant. Well, that's what I call a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by BalrogOfMorgoth View Post
    warhammer total war is not moddable ? Do you know Total war game are nearly unplayable without mods ?
    Will said that they won't support modding, not that the game won't be moddable. Maybe it isn't, but we just don't know that yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnil Vark Khaitan View Post
    I would love to add my own touch as I am doing currently now with my Bactria mod.
    I suggest trying to learn how to mod without the tools CA provides, so you won't be dependent on them to create the mods you enjoy, in the future.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; April 22, 2015 at 10:28 AM.

Also which factions will be playable? I hope you don't make empire into a single faction. All those interfighting kingdoms make warhammer more interesting.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Great news for sure! TW with some modifications can be a perfect engine for the Warhammer universe. I just hope the not moddable part of the announcement will eventually change. All GW games so far have been quite moddable.

This is also the kind of game that can have meaningful DLC, like new factions and new unique campaigns. Also, this time we wont curse CA everytime they release a pack with fantasy units!
    Last edited by paradamed; April 22, 2015 at 10:37 AM.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    Well thats TOTALY silly......seems it will be skipped, whole trilogy. Not moddable TW game, ehm bad joke indeed.
    ​I can live without mods. I mean the only mods I use for Attila are unlimited governors and decrease Great Power penalty.

Well, Total War was built on a tradition of historical eras, and we’ll continue to do exactly that. Total War: Warhammer is being developed in parallel with our historical titles by a dedicated team.
    The news about the lack of modding support for Warhammer: TW is definitely disappointing, but it's remedied by that good news. I think there was a concern that we might see an end to historical total wars or that it would push off release of the next historical Total war by many years. But as you say right there this is parallel development - this isn't a replacement for the mainline historical total war series but rather its own baby much like Arena or Kingdoms. I'll have to wait and see if there's any factions that'll interest me for Warhammer TW but I'm glad it won't mean an end to the historical total wars.

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    Also which factions will be playable? I hope you don't make empire into a single faction. All those interfighting kingdoms make warhammer more interesting.
    Don't think factions, think races. In Total War: WARHAMMER you’ll have four races to choose from, Greenskins, The Empire, Dwarfs and Vampire Counts. Each race has a legendary lord character , who is the leader of a faction within your chosen race.
    Total War: Shogun 2 and its mod tool set, The Assembly Kit, are on the Steam Workshop. Check it out here.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Bah gawd

Matamoros's Avatar Tiro

we will continue to support modding for that title and plan to for future historical Total Wars.

-Will CA
    Glad to read that. I expected nothing less.
    Nuestra Señora de Las Mercedes ha resurgido del fondo del océano para concluir su viaje.
    200 a
    ños después los piratas pierden. El oro vuelve a España. Misión cumplida.

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

Don't think factions, think races. In Total War: WARHAMMER you’ll have four races to choose from, Greenskins, The Empire, Dwarfs and Vampire Counts. Each race has a legendary lord character , who is the leader of a faction within your chosen race.
    only 4 races ?! Where are the Chaos, the skavens, the ogres and Bretonnia ?

What the hell ? Not moddable and only 4 race ?!

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

​Honestly, I don't like the sound of this, but I'll give you guys the benefit of the doubt until we see actual gameplay to make my judgement.

Dang, why does everyone already seem so unhappy and apathetic about thi- wait what only four races playable? This is TITS.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Probably simplier and more sellable for you, , i understand. But i would have liked to see things like averland, nordland, hochland, reikland.

Chaos not playable? Or are we going to be the chaos?

Sir Furlong's Avatar Ordinarius

This is interesting... though not a surprise. It's too bad about modding, but I can see how it is out of your control. Do you mean there will be no modding support or that modding in general will not be allowed?
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by BalrogOfMorgoth View Post
    only 4 races ?! Where are the Chaos, the skavens, the ogres and Bretonnia ?

What the hell ? Not moddable and only 4 race ?!
    The races in Warhammer are massively different in variation and content compared to factions we’ve depicted in our games before. Given the huge variety in creatures, characters and machines in the Warhammer world, we’ve decided to go deep rather than wide. We’ll be putting as much unit and content variation as we can into the main game to best represent the incredibly detailed races we’ve chosen first. To compare, ATTILA has 6 model skeletons underlying all the units used in the game (human, horse, elephant, dog,etc). In Total War: WARHAMMER, there’s 24 in the first game alone, each representing a different creature or machine type.

-Will CA
    Total War: Shogun 2 and its mod tool set, The Assembly Kit, are on the Steam Workshop. Check it out here.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA

what engine will be used? I hope not wasrcape again

Quote Originally Posted by Vilkas09 View Post
    what engine will be used? I hope not wasrcape again
    Actually, Warscape is a subsystem of the TW3 Engine that deals with graphics rendering, so what you see graphically on the battlefield. Yes, it is iterated on alongside the rest of the TW3 Engine and the latest version is a part of the technology behind Total War: WARHAMMER.

-Will CA

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hibernian View Post
    I suggest trying to learn how to mod without the tools CA provides, so you won't be dependent on them to create the mods you enjoy, in the future.
    Yeah it should be that way, but most games compress thier game files into unreadable files, so fat chance.
    just look on shadow of mordor unreadable files.
    but hegemony:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Karnil Vark Khaitan; April 22, 2015 at 10:45 AM.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on