Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: New game announced - Total War: WARHAMMER

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: New game announced - Total War: WARHAMMER

I'm still wondering - what does this bode for development of Attila patches and DLC? I understand that is the department of specialized teams, but I figure that for Warhammer it'll "All hands on deck" for a project this ambitious.

Also, how are they going to make a parallel historical TW game alongside to Warhammer? I think it's clear that Warhammer will become the dominant focus due to all the new assets and mechanics that have to be worked, so I hope they don't shaft their next historical project to treat Warhammer.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    I'm still wondering - what does this bode for development of Attila patches and DLC? I understand that is the department of specialized teams, but I figure that for Warhammer it'll "All hands on deck" for a project this ambitious.

Also, how are they going to make a parallel historical TW game alongside to Warhammer? I think it's clear that Warhammer will become the dominant focus due to all the new assets and mechanics that have to be worked, so I hope they don't shaft their next historical project to treat Warhammer.
    They could, you know, hire more people since making more than one game at a time will make more money than one game at a time.

In other news:

Dragons and Wizards! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Things to kill!

My Electorate of Nuln-Wissenland is going to shoot everything in the face.
    Last edited by Col. Tartleton; April 22, 2015 at 10:41 PM.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

So a question here:
    It had been mentioned that there will be 2 extra stand alones...
    Does this mean that in first game i will be able to play say dwarfs then when the stand alone hits i can't play dwarfs in the campaign?
    If it is like this then this is very limiting.

I know it's too early but please CA....look at how good the call of warhammer mod is and how it can have all the races at the same time make it an all time favorite mod after LOTR.
    I want options not mini campaigns with 4 armies each.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

It reads like they're doing three full games plus expansions and DLC.

So like this is probably going to be ongoing parallel to their historical games from 2016-2022.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    It reads like they're doing three full games plus expansions and DLC.

So like this is probably going to be ongoing parallel to their historical games from 2016-2022.
    Yes, they were developing Warhammer even before Attilla was released and that did not interfere with Attilla's developement.

Quote Originally Posted by sataricon View Post
    So a question here:
    It had been mentioned that there will be 2 extra stand alones...
    Does this mean that in first game i will be able to play say dwarfs then when the stand alone hits i can't play dwarfs in the campaign?
    If it is like this then this is very limiting.

I know it's too early but please CA....look at how good the call of warhammer mod is and how it can have all the races at the same time make it an all time favorite mod after LOTR.
    I want options not mini campaigns with 4 armies each.
    They said something about all 3 combining to form the largest Total War experience yet so I believe the 3 games might be able to connect somehow, or at least build on top of the previous ones instead of being completely separate campaigns.

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Also - the fact that Warhammer will not be moddable bodes well for Modders of Rome and Attila. The games will certainly last longer. In no way means Warhammer wont be popular, in fact the opposite. However, The modding community will continue to focus their attention on Rome and Attila, while enjoying Warhammer at it current state. So I can only hope in that regard the CA will continue to support a product we will continue to play regularly.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

I doubt whenever they form a new team they hire as many as required. Majority of people are taken from other teams.
    Remember they got the license long ago, maybe Wahammer was the reason behind a rushed Rome II

Quote Originally Posted by Indalus View Post
    They said something about all 3 combining to form the largest Total War experience yet so I believe the 3 games might be able to connect somehow, or at least build on top of the previous ones instead of being completely separate campaigns.

I hope that this is true.
    Would break my heart if we get mini campaign with each stand alone rather than a solid unified warhammer experience.

I have no interest in "Gigantic monsters, flying creatures, legendary heroes". A medieval 3 however with the family tree from Attila I would buy sight unseen.

petertel123's Avatar Miles

Laughing my *ss off at people who think that total war was ever a deep and strategical history simulator. It was always arcady, flashy and hollywood like.
    I frankly thought it was getting rather dull. Every game was basically a reskin with a new map, they never introduced radical changes that shook up the basic formula.
    I for one would not be excited at all about yet another historical reskin, warhammer tw has far more potential to actually be a unique and interesting experience

I swear to god if there's warscape!

I am a big fan of historical based games. Fantasy games haven't interest me since I stopped playing D&D back when I was 14, so Warhammer interest me not. I am glad it won't prevent the release of the next historical game.

They said that TW Warhammer has been developped in parallel with historical TW games. That comment doesn't mean much, because we already knew that it was being developped in parallel with Attila and Rome II. Anyway, since Warhammer is a TW game, unlike Aliens, I'm sure that we aren't going to see a new historical game before 2017 at least, because releasing two TW games together is unreasonable, marketing-wise. The simultaneous release will prevent many customers from buying both games, so their sales will be significantly reduced.

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Rethinking about it, how would just 4 race selection even work in campaign? Are they just the playable ones? Not all humans are in the empire. Kislev, bretonnia looks completely different. Do we start with everything united? Are we going to have no independent factions like different gaulic tribes in rome 2? Just 4 big blobs? That sounds awful. It will be better to divide counties.

Call of Warhammer mod makes it very nice with making all factions available for you to choose and having constant beastmen stacks, chaos threat, and even threat from other counts in the empire. Your leader can fall into chaos. You can betray the empire. There are 4 chaos factions. Many very different factions are choosable like different empire counties, high elves, dark elves, dwarfs, chaos dwarfs, orcs, night goblins, chaos, vampires, kislev, skaven, tomb kings, even border princes. It makes each playthrough unique in its way.
    Last edited by cenkiss; April 23, 2015 at 02:08 AM.

Pielstick's Avatar Domesticus

I can only repeat what others have said already.... Total War Warhammer - GREAT

Total War Warhammer with only five factions on release - BAD

What about the High Elves, Dark Elves, Wood Elves, Brettonia, Kislev, Chaos Dwarves, Skaven, Lizardmen, Tomb Kings....?

I appreciate the business plan very likely involves releasing several of these factions as expansions... but not having them in the original release is going to make a pretty hollow Warhammer world.

Finally, apologies if the question has already been asked - I hear that Games Workshop are making some big changes to the Warhammer world - the "End Times" - in preparation for the release of the next edition of the tabletop game. This apparently has involved removing some factions from Warhammer entirely. Will the new Total War game reflect this or will it be set in classic Warhammer?

Meraun's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Matamoros View Post
    If it can be modded to make something like Renaissance or Medieval 3, then nice.
    really? you wine less 24h hours after ANNOUNCEMNT?? jesus...

w a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
    Meraun | HIVE | Community Veteran

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Pielstick View Post
    I can only repeat what others have said already.... Total War Warhammer - GREAT

Total War Warhammer with only five factions on release - BAD

What about the High Elves, Dark Elves, Wood Elves, Brettonia, Kislev, Chaos Dwarves, Skaven, Lizardmen, Tomb Kings....?

I appreciate the business plan very likely involves releasing several of these factions as expansions... but not having them in the original release is going to make a pretty hollow Warhammer world.

Finally, apologies if the question has already been asked - I hear that Games Workshop are making some big changes to the Warhammer world - the "End Times" - in preparation for the release of the next edition of the tabletop game. This apparently has involved removing some factions from Warhammer entirely. Will the new Total War game reflect this or will it be set in classic Warhammer?
    You have to think that the factions/races in warhammer are quite different to eachother compared to Germanic tribes, Norse and Celts etc.. They can't just make 4-6 human models for all factions in the game, they would have to make 4-6 humans for empire, 4-6 orcs for orcs, 4-6 goblins, 4-6 skeletons, 4-6 zombies, 4-6 corrupted humans/chaos etc... And thats only for the basic troops, then there are bigger orcs and orc warlords, leaders and special characters. Then there are horses, boars, wolves, trolls, beasts, dragons etc with all that variation. It's not just acouple of humans and horses and then armor. Even the armor of all those factions is really different, and not just 10 type of mail shirts and some scale armor.

I also would prefer 4-5 unique Warhammer factions, than 10 generic Warhammer factions.

Everyone is just complaining, realy if you find a better game, go for it. I think that CA has made a great job so far, listening to the community, but wathever they do is not enought.
    This is an industry of games, so it is obvious there is the money deal in it, it's a fact !
    I have rarely seen such a studio who realy care about his fans, as CA does.
    You don't like the DLC, nobody is forcing you..
    Damn so much negativity !
    Sure there are things to adjust and to fix, as in evey game.

I think it is a great idea to introduce some fantasy stuff in the serie, don't worry you will get you're history game sooner or later/
    In the meanwhile don't juge before the time. Just enjoy, and if you don't like it.. well nobody owes you anything, find another franchize to satisfy you're taste (which I doubt you will find the same quality)

Thank you CA for making such a great job, and personaly you have realized a dream for me. Will continue to buy and support !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mortarion View Post
    You have to think that the factions/races in warhammer are quite different to eachother compared to Germanic tribes, Norse and Celts etc.. They can't just make 4-6 human models for all factions in the game, they would have to make 4-6 humans for empire, 4-6 orcs for orcs, 4-6 goblins, 4-6 skeletons, 4-6 zombies, 4-6 corrupted humans/chaos etc... And thats only for the basic troops, then there are bigger orcs and orc warlords, leaders and special characters. Then there are horses, boars, wolves, trolls, beasts, dragons etc with all that variation. It's not just acouple of humans and horses and then armor. Even the armor of all those factions is really different, and not just 10 type of mail shirts and some scale armor.

I also would prefer 4-5 unique Warhammer factions, than 10 generic Warhammer factions.

Only difference between imperial counts is just colors and flags also few unique knightly orders. Not hard to do.