Thread: Presentation I - American Factions

Default Presentation I - American Factions

For the first presentation I decided to talk about the American factions : Iroquois, Aztecs, Mayans and Incans.

I will make a longer presentation about the Mayans since they are probably the most challenged faction of the continent.

In general Americans are the most fragile factions of the mod especially early game. However, if you do well and win battles against westerners, you will reduce a little bit the gap by getting horses and modern weapons.
    Also cities in the Americas will be hit by small pox spread. An entire faction could be whipped out if the succession is not well prepared or because of bad luck.

Most of battles early game will be difficult, because of the technologic gap, but despite all of the difficulties I believe that Americans are very fun to play. If you want challenge, go American !

Iroquois

The Iroquois are located in the extreme North America. They are completely different of the three other American factions.
    Since they start as a small tribe with small demography and surrounded by villages, they have very little economic power and will take time to develop into a solid nation.
    For this reason, the Iroquois armies will remain small in early game.
    Hopefully, it will take some time before the Europeans become a real threat and you will have some time to prepare their arrival.

Aztecs

The Aztecs are in my opinion the most exiting faction in Americas.
    In the whole continent they have the best economy, the best units and a great potential.
    The only thing is that you will need to survive against Spanish invasion which is not easy thing
    But if you do a lot of possibilities will arise.

Incans

In all Americas Incans are the easiest to play early game.
    They have more time to prepare against an invasion and have a good economy.
    However there is a little draw back, they don't get really good reformed units.
    If you play with Incans don't let your guard down by the way, who knows who can come when and where to challenge you .

Mayans

I decided to go a little deeper with Mayans presentation.
    Why ? Because if you play Mayans you will really have to be a wise leader in order to succeed.
    Mayans have a decent economy and decent armies, they could challenge Aztecs, but they lack something important : Time
    The game starts when Cortes lands in Yucatan and yes that means that they are coming at you very soon.

Conquering an entire empire won't be your first objectiv, first you will have to survive no matter, what because there is no more doubt : They are coming !!!!

After few turns Spanish will start trying to invade your territories

Numbers alone do not confer victory

Hiding behind walls will be no use, they will come to get you

Expect struggle to keep your freedom

Expect difficult battles, lots of your men will die
    Last edited by falcom4ever; April 20, 2015 at 01:46 AM.

Default Re: Presentation I - American Factions

Don't hesitate to comment

That would motivate me to release more previews of the mod.

Treaper's Avatar Miles

Looks absolutely amazing So you included that westernization thing, or did you give them Apachean technology tree?

I made a similar script than the apachean script, but it is more difficult to get the guns than in the americas campaign.

Treaper's Avatar Miles

Nice Will be previews also for other new factions?

AntonisTheGreek's Avatar Senator

Seems beautiful.Can't wait to see the final product....
    I'd also like to suggest you to redraw the terra incognita(the black fog of war that doesn't let you see anything).That's a mod about discoveries,and I think that the whole Americas and possibly the south of Africa should be covered with that.

A question: Did you use any new models for the Spanish?

Quote Originally Posted by Treaper View Post
    Nice Will be previews also for other new factions?
    I woud like at least making an introduction for each faction .
    But since it takes time to make them, I hope that they generate some debate and discussions in the forum
    It would make the time spent more worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonisTheGreek View Post
    Seems beautiful.Can't wait to see the final product....
    I'd also like to suggest you to redraw the terra incognita(the black fog of war that doesn't let you see anything).That's a mod about discoveries,and I think that the whole Americas and possibly the south of Africa should be covered with that.

A question: Did you use any new models for the Spanish?
    Good idea about the terra incognita

The europeans got new models

Good idea about the Mayans

Falcom this is looking epic ! Can't wait to see more previews ! Were any factions deleted as a result of this new addition though ? Also can the Americas build ships or longboats or whatever so I can go and conquer the old world ? Maybe such as the war canoes waka taua?

Since the mod isn't in the same time frame the factions are different. For example there is no Mongols, Jurchen faction.

Americans can build canoes, and can potentialy reach the other continents. However they aren't good at naval wars :0)

UchihaMadara21's Avatar Tiro

I'm basically a "expert" in Mesoamerican and South-American civilizations, and always have been involved in projects that promised "boosting" the New World factions, but unfortunately, all of them died. It seems that this mod has a very solid basis, so i'm really interested in it.

I already liked your idea of giving the American factions cavalry and modern weapons after a certain period of time; i proposed this many times in past projects, but people didn't seemed to agree. They were too close-minded to accept that Total War is also about recreating history.

I like your Spanish models, they look exactly how i wished them to be. Maybe we should just remove the over-saturated vanilla colors in some units and substitute them with something darker/dirtier and more realistic. We could ask permission from other developers to get some horse models too (the vanilla ones are simply ugly).

At last, i could help you in American factions units and fighting style. The Aztecs, for example, fought in a completely different manner, that didn't look anything like the way they fight in vanilla. To tell the truth, the mesoamerican factions are the most innacurate in Medieval 2.

Can i become a member of the team?
    Last edited by UchihaMadara21; April 29, 2015 at 02:29 PM.

Hi UchihaMadara21,

Thank you for your message and help offering

Of course any help as an expert is welcome!
    However before suggestions start to pop up, I just wanted to let you know that we don't have any modeler capable/interested to handle new world units creation
    It's sad but I did not even manage to find someone to create 2,3 incan units.

UchihaMadara21's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by falcom4ever View Post
    Hi UchihaMadara21,

Thank you for your message and help offering

Of course any help as an expert is welcome!
    However before suggestions start to pop up, I just wanted to let you know that we don't have any modeler capable/interested to handle new world units creation
    It's sad but I did not even manage to find someone to create 2,3 incan units.
    There's some people i know that could be interested. I'll contact them.

I'll also be posting some info on this thread. Maybe later this week.

Thanks

Just discovered this project, simply amazing.

7hillip's Avatar Libertus

Big fan awesome game cant wait