Thread: Ideas for Different Mod Time Periods

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Ideas for Different Mod Time Periods

In this thread, go ahead and put forth ideas you'd like to see for Eras of Rome. The history of Rome is long and there is a lot that can be covered. If you have an idea for a period in Roman history you would like to see made into one of the projects for Eras of Rome, tell us!

Christianus's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Ideas for Different Mod Time Periods

The year 193 is certainly not a bad idea Also some of the more "anarcy-ish" times in the 200`s. Plenty of possibibilities for evolution/devolution. Maybe more fit for the Atilla platform...
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

Well Pax Romana is of course still in the works. But I was looking for ideas for others ha. I'm considering Julius Caesar.

If you're not opposed to a late era campaign, you could do a barbarian invasion of Roman controlled Gaul. Iberians from the South, Britons from the North, German from the East and Rome stuck in the South East like in the original campaign. Not hugely historical, but it's a different style of mod.

Perhaps the time of the Domain of Soissons via the CiG campaign?

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

I'd really enjoy a first triumvirate mod realisticaly done, I have a few ideas I could detail.
    Or the Macedonian wars for wrath of Sparta

I would love to do Julius Caesar's time. I had begun working on a mod like that in my off time but it didn't come to anything. However it may not happen and a 3rd mod may be done on Attila.

Perhaps a campaign set during the time of the Seleucid War? What about the Third and Fourth Macedonian Wars? Maybe even one of the Servile Wars? There are a lot from which we could choose.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Dacian Wars, the Year of the Four Emperors, The Marcomannic Wars, Caius Marius and Silla, and .. the birth of Rome: seven hills around a small ford on the river Tiber, on a sunny April 21, 753 years before Jesus Christ was born.

How about start date of 130 AD. Bar Kochba revolt against Hadrian!!

A mod set during the principate, say Trajan or Marcus Aurelius, would be nice. Most of Rome 2 mods focus on the republican period, while Attila covers the late empire and there is next to nothing in between, even Constantine is set during the Dominate. I do not know how well Attila would lend itself to portraying an earlier period, at least playing as WRE most settlements appear fairly run down in the battle map, with abandoned public buildings etc.
    Last edited by marcello; November 10, 2015 at 04:23 AM.

many periods aren't touched. For examples: romano-macedonian wars, Rome contra Antioch the Great...Fight for Rome (193-197), Empire in mid III century(period Decious and Valerian) early dominate(Aurelian and Diocletian)
    Moders making non stop the same aspects from the roman history:punic wars, gallic wars, caesar, triumwirate and long, long time nothing.After begin I c. we have collapse empire IV/V. What about Traian wars, Marc Aurelius(marcomanic wars) or crisis and collaps III century.Still notning.
    Last edited by Deciusalexius; November 10, 2015 at 05:49 AM.

The last project has been decided on for Rome 2 - the Caesar era mod. If we do decide to move to the Attila platform, mods will focus on the late empire.

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

The time of Gaius Marius would be great. The monumental struggle to fight of the Cimbri and Teutones invasion, the civil war against Sulla, battles in Northern Africa, Spain......I think this could be a very good scenario for Rome II.
    Maybe at 24 or even 48 turns per year to avoid the time your Caesar mod starts.

If there is a large desire for such mods we can open a submod section that will contain mods that will simply change the startpos to be appropriate for the time period. It will not have as much work put into as the 3 big ones, but could include the new units i.e. Marius' and Sulla's wars could include units from Caesar mod, reign of Severus could use the units from Pax Romana. But simple startpos mods could be possible if there is enough acclaim for them. But doing major mods on these other periods is beyond the time I have available.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

With those noble words in mind Vir Noblissimus, than I must humbly ask that you consider eras of the Principate before further attention to the end. Think of the empire under the Trajan, Hadrian, Antoninnes and Severans?

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm finally thinking about buying Rome II and few DLC´s, so I'm slowly checking it´s modding community. I agree that it would be great to have mods from the Principate period.

I found interesting mods for Roman factions in various DLC´s / base game. I think it could be interesting resource:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2246133511
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2188020726
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2143698120