Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lanjane's Mini-Workshop: Unit cards for Rome: Total War

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Default Lanjane's Mini-Workshop: Unit cards for Rome: Total War

Hello and welcome everyone, fellow Rome: Total War fans!
    I'm Lanjane and RTW is my favourite PC game ever. I've played a lot of mods, from oldest RTR releases to modern mods like RSII, and one thing which is most meditative and relaxing for me apart from a few turns of a nice and slow campaigning is polishing of mods I'm currently playing - for example making or modifying UI cards. It's one of my minor hobbies - well, sort of, - and I really enjoy my time when rendering some cool UI's.
    If there are still any activity about good old Rome: Total War, I will be happy to help anybody who needs UI's for their mods or mini-mods Just attach your model and texture, and write some unit concept and description (if necessary), and here you go.
    Screenshots of an examples of my UI's - from various mods, mainly from russian mod Macedon Expansion (by Dmitriy Macedonec and Olwork):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

P. S. > Keep in mind though that I'm still human and like any human may have some real life events and some rest from time to time. So patience is appreciated as much as politeness
    Last edited by Lanjane; December 25, 2019 at 07:27 AM. Reason: RTR Project logo
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Default Re: Lanjane's Mini-Workshop: Unit cards for Rome: Total War

Lanjane! Good to see you. I see some UI's from THS and my failed HRTW mod haha.
    I'm actually in the middle of developing a unique series of mods that will feature vanilla style units. A lot of reskins will be needed, so that means UI's. If you're interested PM me!

Lt.-Col. Dan's Avatar Tiro

This is very beautiful work, Lanjane! You are trully an artist!
    You do request only for mods to be released or also for personal use? I can skin, but my UI's are the lousiest of the lousy

P.S.

I fell in love with the Thracians from the first line! They are amazing!

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Ahowl11, you have so many unfinished mods, that history about HRTW is quite confusing one, really. I helped you enough to realize that sending you units is like throwing them in black hole, you will never share them with community. So I don't think I should repeat that mistake again, sorry.
    Lt.-Col. Dan, you are welcome, I don't mind personal use mods, if you let me post the result here as well. By the way, I believe that thracian warrior is a combination of texture and model from chinese mod Rise of Empire and russian mod Barbarians' Revenge. I'll share this cool unit with my UI by PM if you wish, but a bit later when I reach my PC.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

If you say so, but I will release something and then ask if you could help. Fair enough? I only have 2 unfinished mods btw. HRTW which is now VVVTW led by Asgaroth, and XRTW which people didn't want me continuing it, so I cancelled it.
    Have you seen, MM 6.0? MM Elite? The RTRP? Or RTRPE II? Those are 4 complete and stable mods that I have made. Also your work is in those mods, and you have credit.

As far as the UI's and textures are concerned with HRTW, I think I still have them on my email. If I find them, I'll release them here for you. That way all of your work will be public.

Then will I have justified my cause enough to make up for my mistakes?

EDIT:
    Found them all! Included Unit Cards are:

Roman Slingers and Town Watch
    Carthaginian Scutarii, Archers, and Heavy Archers
    The Rebel Warband unit in German, Briton, Gallic and Dacian Colors
    Naked Fanatics for Britons
    Regular Warband for Germans
    Heavy Peltasts for Macedon
    Units in Scipii colors for an Illyrian facion
    Units in Brutii Colors for a Nabataean Faction
    Units in Senate colors for a Bosporan faction
    Variants of eastern archers for Pontus, Armenia, Parthia and Rebels
    Persian Cavalry for Eastern Factions
    Eastern Rebel units
    Slinger unit for Macedon and Greece

chrome://mega/content/secure.html#!AgF0XYiA!DkF3ZMOsfCCFRipLOluElPs1yVTQv7JqqS3J0A9kxQY

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Ahowl11
    Fair enough, I agree. But the link you posted doesn't work. Mediafire maybe?
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Centenarius

Really cool unit cards Lanjane! i like that seleucid gastraphetes in the second picture, is that from a mod? anyway + rep for you
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Warcrafthero, thank you!
    Gastraphetes are from "Macedon Expansion" mod. It's russian, but I believe there are english version as well somewhere in "Released mods" thread. I managed to finish a submod for it, but not sure if I can release it publicly on TWC since too many permissions are still required for others' 3d models used.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Lanjane, again, thank you for the thracian bastarnae
    Of course I don't mind you posting your work; I believe averyone should have the joy of using such good work.
    ahowl11, did you make a bosporian heavy archer, if I can remember corectly?

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Hurray!!! Thank you, Ahowl11!
    Those bosporans, I nearly forgot about them, but after some search I have found .max files with their poses as well. Great. They are looking funny in the same fancy barbarian pants)
    Last edited by Lanjane; October 08, 2019 at 07:33 AM.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

It was mod that had a lot of promise but I kept making it bigger and bigger until it was too impossible to make. If I would have kept the simple vanilla concept and just swithced the factions around and made a few reskins, HRTW would have been released. But I got too cocky and it fell apart. However, I'm glad it happened because I learned some valuable lessons from the people I worked with on it.

Lanjane,
    I spent last days thinking about the units I need UI's. The conclusion was that there are too many of them.
    Still, could you give me some help with just a few of them (like 8 of them)?

@ahowl11
    yes, I was wright to hold you accountable for that bosporian heavy archer!!!

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Lt.-Col. Dan
    Sure, no problem. Maybe you will be lucky and I already have finished units just ready to render and it's only a texture I need, who knows? Upload them and we will see.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Thank you very much, Lanjane. I will try to upload them tonight or tomorrow morning.

EDIT: here you go, Lanjaneunits.rar
    Last edited by Lt.-Col. Dan; April 26, 2015 at 02:02 AM.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Lt.-Col. Dan
    Here are your UI's. Enjoy!
    I used Pinarius Horse Mod for rendering cavalry.
    It seems you love sea raiders. Which mod they are from? Arthurian?

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Lanjane; October 08, 2019 at 07:35 AM.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

HOLLY SMOKE, THEY RE ABSOLUTLY SUPERB! THANK YOU VERY MUCH, LANJANE!

indeed they are trully great. But, I'm afraid I made a mistake, for wich I aplogize. I wanted the barbarian warlord to be a dismounted spearmen.

Again, thnk you very much, Lanjane!

Heck, it sais I have to spread some rep round before giving to you. To answer your question: the mounted sea raider is the saxon sea raider from BI, and the spearmen sea raider is the same, dismounted. The swordmen is from Viking Invasion, the axemen is from Goths all factions for BI, and the archer is a persian unit taken from 300 Warlords of Sparta (all great mods, by the way). I kinda liked from the moment I got BI the saxon searaider, but it seemed out of place with that helm, aand only with a shirt on, so I reskinned him, encreased his stats, made another dismounted unit, and then I discovered those other units and I thought they could make a nice little roster somewhere.
    Last edited by Lt.-Col. Dan; April 27, 2015 at 10:25 AM.

What about making unit cards for the Lost Units Project? Located here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Units-Project
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1510

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

About the lost units i have found some textures and some models that do not fit nowhere.I can give them to you guys

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Ahowl11, crazyroman.
    Great! I can try. I found some materials in downloads section, something called "Rome Retrofit Mod" and "Plautus Patch 1.8“. Also that archive from Consolidated Lost units thread. If anything else is required, just let me know. Oh, yes, crazyroman, your help would be much appreciated. And, Lt.-Col. Dan, your foot spearmen, I can handle them too.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast