Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED] KLA's Faction Leaders Mod 1

The Iron Chancellor's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [RELEASED] KLA's FACTION LEADERS MOD (reskinned started faction leaders for campaign & battles)

It doesn't appear to have been mentioned anywhere else, but Vithericus, the Ostrogothic faction leader, seems to revert to his default appearance once you jump into the campaign. I've not found this problem with any of the other faction leaders.

Default Re: [RELEASED] KLA's FACTION LEADERS MOD (reskinned started faction leaders for campaign & battles)

Attila uses a distinct model since he a special general so.............. Yeah not as hard as it could be.

Hi all,
    I really thank you all for your comments and opinions on my mod.
    I was on a business trip with my work over the past days, so I have not yet replied to you. Tomorrow I am going to Prague and back until Sunday. Then I will answer you questions and suggestions. I will add that next week will be an improved version. Will be improvements in the appearance of leaders, and moreover I will do that after the death of the leader of another leader will also have a new look.

I added my mod to Steam Workshop:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=434433302
    Last edited by KLAssurbanipal; April 29, 2015 at 06:36 PM.

Awsome
    But I feel that Attila is quite looking like a samurai with his armor
    But it's Amazing

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Quote Originally Posted by KLAssurbanipal View Post
    (..) after the death of the leader of another leader will also have a new look.
    aha! awesome

I hope you do the UI picture in the family tree section, it should allow 2D support too, which would be good for me.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Hi all,
    I really thank you all for your comments and opinions on my mod.
    I was on a business trip with my work over the past days, so I have not yet replied to you. Tomorrow I am going to Prague and back until Sunday. Then I will answer you questions and suggestions. I will add that next week will be an improved version. Will be improvements in the appearance of leaders, and moreover I will do that after the death of the leader of another leader will also have a new look.

I added my mod to Steam Workshop:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=434433302
    Damn I had 2d option for characters and seamed that the mod did not work....
    Can you add the 2d expansion my friend?
    Also a golden helmet with perls would be more apropriate for ERE emperor. We know that ERE emperors shown their riches in every aspet!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

I'd like to reiterate on the Geat issue. The two helmets issue is fine by me (holding one while wearing another) but it's unfortunately not that simple. While attacking in auto-resolves the helmet is seen randomly flying around in arcs around the leader's area. Another issue of this is in the Faction Summary page while the leader poses, a random low-tier helmet blocks the front of his face and clips with his arm and sword slightly. If this can be fixed it would be nice as the mod is a phenomenal breath of fresh air into the stale faction leaders characters.

While using this I find that my ebdanian leader has his arms out to the side while standing still on the campaign map. Fixable?

Quote Originally Posted by Ireland View Post
    While using this I find that my ebdanian leader has his arms out to the side while standing still on the campaign map. Fixable?
    I saw this too, not just you.

So will we have extended version soon? As we have been promised?

Thank all of you for your comments and opinions on my mod. New Mediafire link was added.

Next version with many changes will be in next week:
    - new look of heirs, too,
    - 2D portraits (family tree, units cards)
    - changes of some leaders (new shields patterns, ERE leader's hat replace to helmet, etc.),
    - new, better colors of clothes for all leaders,
    - delete Geat leader's 'second' helmet from battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate Strawberry View Post
    These look amazing.

Would it be possible to make a 2D compatible version?
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Damn I had 2d option for characters and seamed that the mod did not work....
    Can you add the 2d expansion my friend?
    Also a golden helmet with perls would be more apropriate for ERE emperor. We know that ERE emperors shown their riches in every aspet!
    Yes, of course. Next version will include 2D portraits.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    One thing I would like to draw your attention to, the Geats leader. He's wearing a helmet and holding another helmet in his hands. Helmetception?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedual View Post
    - The leader of the Geates both has a helmet on his head and holds a helmet in his hand, it looks odd
    Quote Originally Posted by Laeg View Post
    Love the mod. Two things:

Just to add on to the extra helmet with the Geats issue. If you go to the Summary Tab, the helm then is just floating about:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=431361396
    Quote Originally Posted by Anieu View Post
    I'd like to reiterate on the Geat issue. The two helmets issue is fine by me (holding one while wearing another) but it's unfortunately not that simple. While attacking in auto-resolves the helmet is seen randomly flying around in arcs around the leader's area. Another issue of this is in the Faction Summary page while the leader poses, a random low-tier helmet blocks the front of his face and clips with his arm and sword slightly. If this can be fixed it would be nice as the mod is a phenomenal breath of fresh air into the stale faction leaders characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by miTo82 View Post
    Wow, that Looks great! But there is one illogical thing:

The Geat faction leader now wears a helmlet with the "chainmail face protection", BUT in his right Hand he is holding another helmlet. I am not very experienced with ancient armor, but I think wearing two helmlets is not very favourable in combat :-P

Although I think thet the geat faction leader has the coolest head of all the leaders in the game and you cant see it anymore because of the new helmlet... =)
    It's my mistake. I added the same model to battle as campaign menu. I will delete this helmet from battle and will leave it in campaign menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorix View Post
    Overall a nice work , but i have the same remark as above, plus :
    - Caledonian leader now don't look anymore as a King, rather like a simple peasant !
    I will change Caledonian leader. He will get armor and probably helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin- View Post
    Mediafire link is dead

Like all except ERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedual View Post
    - Please change the cloth hat on the Eastern Roman Emperor to something else, or have him wear nothing at all on his head
    Quote Originally Posted by Noif de Bodemloze View Post
    I like most of faction leaders skins except ERE faction leader... I don't like his hat. :C
    Quote Originally Posted by Beorix View Post
    - ERA Emperor wears a muscular cuirass ,is that historically correct/plausible at this period ? his hat is horrible as well :p

Eastern Roman Emperor based on historical sources. Hat is historical, too. I am sure that I will change Eastern Roman Emperor in next version, because most of you don't like his hat. I will add him diadem or helmet. Western Emperor has helmet so probably I will choose diadem.
    Probably I will leave bronze cuirass because it's a majestic element and late emperors used it, too. Lamellar armor is used by other leaders like Hun and Alan.

In actual version I based on this cap:

http://www.thehistoryblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/The-Tetrarchs.jpg
    http://thelosttreasurechest.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/richard-hook-showing-roman-warriors-of-the-praetorian-guard-under-the-emperor-septimus-severus-in-the-1st-and-2th-century-ad.jpg
    http://images.tinypic.pl/i/00663/xqrpnlji7pnn.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Verzione View Post
    Great mod!

I have a question though. Could you maybe make an individual download for each faction leader so we could choose which one(s) to have?

Cheers
    Yes, I will do it with next version.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Ace View Post
    yeah the new faction leader reverts to the old clothes with your mod too
    Quote Originally Posted by Laeg View Post
    Secondly, this is the sad part. Once the original leader passes, the heirs don't get to keep these updated uniforms. Reverts to vanilla on heirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ministry View Post
    Great mod indeed! May I suggest a KLA Faction Leaders and Heirs Mod next? The issue with the leaders is that they die too soon (Dag for example) and then the heir is boring looking (Stilicho for example). After they die, your good work goes with them, let it continue!
    Quote Originally Posted by police55 View Post
    Would it be possible to make the armor for heirs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Ace View Post
    i say its useless to even try at the moment because when the starting faction leader dies the new one just gets the generic clothes again. dont know why.
    Yes, I will do it. I will release an improved version in next week. I will do that after the death of the leader - another leader will also have a new look.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    Cool mod, good job

Thou I didnt like some but they are surely more realistic now, also these are only for starting leaders i guess?

Lastly, Geats are not Christian (at start anyway) but the Faction leader has "Gammadion" on his shield, i think it should be removed from there.

Have a good one
    Yes, they are more historical, but some things need changes, too.
    Sure, I will change Geat symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by Penda the Mercian View Post
    True þæt^

Also, I noticed that the Saxon leader now has a blue tunic, could you change the cloak and tunic to be green like before?

Anyway, great mod!
    Saxon leader didn't have cloak before. I added him blue cloak, because dress and cloak in one color to overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by almas1985 View Post
    Thank You
    Very Nice Mod

I'm an Iranian and in our Historical references, Color of Sassanian Clothes are Red.
    Yes, of course. I used Vanilla factions colors and only replaced them. Sassanians are blue/green in Vanilla.
    In next version I will add completely new colors for all leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Biennius View Post
    Very nice mod indeed KLA. The alan leader looks amazing!

Is there a turorial or step by step guide on how to do this wich you can point me to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biennius View Post
    Does anyone know of a tutorial on how to do this?
    There are tutorials: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-and-Resources
    If you won't find what you want I will help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerius View Post
    The hat Arcadius wears in the modified version of him is characteristically Late Roman, but green seems a bit uncertain. I mean there were circus factions at time, and wearing the colours of the Greens would have enraged the Blues. The gangs associated with them were needed to keep order in Constantinople.
    It's light grey, not green. I used Vanilla colors. In next version I will make completely new, better colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ireland View Post
    In my game Ebdanian leader works fine. Probably I lost some changes after saving pack in public version. I will fix it.

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

Are you also planning to work on generals ? Germanic generals look all the same and it's a pity to see visigoth generals without the visigothic shield

Once again, thank you for the great work !

Yes, of course. Next version will include 2D portraits.
    Thank you

Eastern Roman Emperor based on historical sources. Hat is historical, too. I am sure that I will change Eastern Roman Emperor in next version, because most of you don't like his hat. I will add him diadem or helmet. Western Emperor has helmet so probably I will choose diadem.
    Probably I will leave bronze cuirass because it's a majestic element and late emperors used it, too. Lamellar armor is used by other leaders like Hun and Alan.

In actual version I based on this cap:

http://www.thehistoryblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/The-Tetrarchs.jpg
    http://thelosttreasurechest.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/richard-hook-showing-roman-warriors-of-the-praetorian-guard-under-the-emperor-septimus-severus-in-the-1st-and-2th-century-ad.jpg
    http://images.tinypic.pl/i/00663/xqrpnlji7pnn.jpg
    Perhaps you could model it on the diadems from the Colossus of Barletta or this bust from the Louvre, both of which are assumed to be of Theodosius II? It's a little later than the game's start date, but not by a lot, and it has the benefit of being both much closer to the time period than the Tetrarchs or Septimius Severus and a toned-down appearance of your original version for those who are bothered by it. Also FWIW, according to one of the sources I'm using, the diadem would be gold, at least for triumphs. I don't know what it would look like for everyday use and/or leading a battle, but it seems befitting of a richer, ascendant ERE.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

KLA..remember to replace the bronze muscular cuirass of the ERE empreror to a decorated golden one and Heirs with a silver version of it.

The Eagles on feet greaves are wrong!

For future creations:
    Pallace Guard

Generals

Units
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Oh cool, I didn't know that diadems were an option in the game. I looked for them in the models pack file and didn't find any diadems: are you making your own or did you find one in there? They're much better than the strange, early-era wreath that vanilla uses.

Honestly I think both the Western and Eastern emperors should wear diadems. If you look at all their coins and everything, Honorius and Arcadius are basically consistently portrayed with diadems. Sculptures too, and with Honorius even the more modern traditions of painting show him wearing a pseudo-crown.

These two guys are basically the most unmartial emperors they were, and so they should look the part.

Anyway, just my suggestion! Put the diadem on whichever you will, it'll be cool to see it on even one of them.

Now I'm very eager for the new version.

so, any ETA yet?

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    so, any ETA yet?
    I was coming here to ask the same question.

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate Strawberry View Post
    I was coming here to ask the same question.
    great minds think alike

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast