Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eras of Rome: Res Publica - Main Thread and Download

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Eras of Rome: Res Publica - Main Thread and Download

Patch 17 compatible

Welcome to Eras of Rome. Our first project is called Res Publica and requires Hannibal at the Gates DLC. Based on the old Italian Wars mod. Don't play other campaigns while this mod is activated. Make sure that it downloads properly as the download is large. Don't forget to give us a thumbs up if you like the mod. Check it out on Steam workshop or download at bottom.

Welcome to the world of Ancient Italy! Before Rome ruled the world, it was a small city-state ruled by legendary kings. That is, until 509 BC, when the Roman people, led by Lucius Junius Brutus, expelled the tyrannical king Lucius Tarquinius Superbus. They formed the Roman Republic. This is where your campaign begins. Can you repeat history and give rise to history's greatest empire? Will you take the reigns of other Italians and make Rome a distant memory? Or will the Hellenic world grow to dominate the west as well? You decide.

Features several historical based factions such as Veii, the richest of the Etruscan cities, or the Campani, who are famed for their cavalry. Features the historical characters Brutus, Collatinus, Tarquin, Gelo, and Coriolanus.

Playable Factions:
    Roma
    Veii
    Umbri
    Campani
    Samnites
    Syracuse
    Carthaginian Empire

The mod is 4 turns per year. Each playable faction has been added to custom battle. Victory conditions have been added to all the new factions. The mod also features great new loading screens. We have done all we can to make the mod historically accurate to the late 6th century BC. This mod has all the trappings of a new expansion.

The main focus of the mod is the different Italian peoples but plenty of work has been done on the Carthaginians and Greeks. This mod features several new units unique to each faction. All generals and officers for the factions have been reskinned as well. The Italians and Greek vanilla units have been reskinned to be more historical. Also, each Italian unit has a different variant of the unit i.e. The Italian spearmen for the Etruscans will look different than the version for the Samnites. The mod also features new tech and buildings changed to fit the time period better.

This mod also has made artillery a late game unit, seeing as the first recorded use of siege artillery was by the Greeks in the late 5th century BC. It also introduces a historical what-if for the other Italians. If you decide to follow the path of some other Italian faction rather than Rome, you will have the chance to develop your army in the style of the future Roman army - the manipular legion. It is not unrealistic to say that if Rome had not risen and perhaps the Etruscans did instead, that their army wouldn't have developed into something like Rome's army. However, this is also a late-game tech.

We would like to thank the team of ACRE for their Carthaginian units and new textures. We would also like to thank Thunderbolt II for new hoplon shields. We also thank Swarmy, Kaziel and Little Legionarie for some new armors. We also give credit to several military book publishers (not including Osprey) for the use of their art in our loading screens.

Non-steam link: It would be appreciated if you subscribed anyway just so our numbers keep rising. Thanks
    Steam link

Keep an eye out for our next Eras of Rome project called Pax Romana!

Pics of Res Publica, check out Steam for more.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Mod Version: 1.4
    Last edited by Emperor Caesar; September 14, 2015 at 01:41 AM.

Default Re: Eras of Rome: Res Publica - Main Thread and Download

Damn seems awesome! gonna check it out

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Magnicifent, glad too se there are other people still working im Rome II

Steam link pwease

Any version information, as in, how stable is it?

Looks interesting, I'm going to download now.

I'll edit that it is a version 1.2 and up to date for Emperor Edition of course.

Did you make your own units for this mod? Who else is working with you on these projects?

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Quote Originally Posted by First Citizen Gallienus View Post
    Did you make your own units for this mod? Who else is working with you on these projects?
    So far we just a small team of three - The_Germans_are_coming and Cpt. Cortes (Lucio Boreno on Steam).

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Finally my dream has come true!!! Thanks for doing this mate, I've been waiting for this for a very LONG time.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Davout View Post
    Finally my dream has come true!!! Thanks for doing this mate, I've been waiting for this for a very LONG time.
    No problem. That is what we work for.

Ive been playing this recently and I know it was mostly focused on the italian factions but that work was put into the greek factions. I was playing as syracuse and I don't think there are any new units nor do the textures seem different, although I think some of the non-playable greek factions did have different textures. No complaints or anything Im just wondering if thats right. I play on Mac so sometimes theres issues with mods.

Yes, our mod is focused in Italian factions, but we worked in the others factions too. All greeks factions are reskinned, each faction has differents textures, accurate with his origins, without new units. Also the Punic units were reskinned, more punic, less carthagians, and with new units.

Hello, I have a question, is there any improvements in version 1.4 over version 1.3 *aside* from being Patch 17 compatible?

Autaritus's Avatar Libertus

Hi! Your mod looks really good, I'll give it a try for sure -and I'm really longing for the III century mod you're preparing.
    Just a question: have you modded the combat/unit stats? Vanilla combat is pretty unrealistic to my taste, with killing rates that make spears look like machine guns

Quote Originally Posted by Autaritus View Post
    Hi! Your mod looks really good, I'll give it a try for sure -and I'm really longing for the III century mod you're preparing.
    Just a question: have you modded the combat/unit stats? Vanilla combat is pretty unrealistic to my taste, with killing rates that make spears look like machine guns
    We haven't changed it for this mod but we hope to modify combat for the two upcoming ones. However, I think the new patch made the combat a little better.

Greeting how do you install the non steam version of your mod...? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Napoli23 View Post
    Greeting how do you install the non steam version of your mod...? Thanks in advance
    You should just download the non-steam link above and put the mod pack in the data folder and it should run via the TW mod manager.

I did put the mod pack In my Rome 2 data folder but it doesn't change anything. You mentioned a mod manager do u have the link to download that?? but if it's the one I think u are talking about I don't think it will work because I do not have a steam version of the game if I am not mistaken don't U need steam for the Rome 2 for the mod manager to work? which is why I thought your non steam version of your mod would work...??

Quote Originally Posted by Napoli23 View Post
    I did put the mod pack In my Rome 2 data folder but it doesn't change anything. You mentioned a mod manager do u have the link to download that?? but if it's the one I think u are talking about I don't think it will work because I do not have a steam version of the game if I am not mistaken don't U need steam for the Rome 2 for the mod manager to work? which is why I thought your non steam version of your mod would work...??
    How do you have non-steam Rome 2? You must have some sort of pirated torrent download of some sort.

Our "non-steam" version is just a link to get the mod, not a different version for those who play in non-steam game, of course we will no give any support to pirate copies of the game. If you have a legal steam copy, just download the mod and use his manager.

Ancient Empires Member: Unit Maker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast