Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TES VI

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: TES VI

I also want them to have proper decapitations in the next one. After Fallout 3 I figured we would get it in Skyrim.

Kill moves are nice and all, but I want them to do something a bit better where you can actually chop someone to pieces if you hit their unarmed neck with a big axe. It should not be happening in one killmove that rarely shows up.

A thing I'd like to see in the next game is a broad range of spoken dialects, rather than having everyone speaking "common" or whatever it is. It would be cool, for instance, if you actually had to learn languages (through use of perks or attribute training) in order to understand native speakers. Once you "knew" their language, subtitles could appear during dialogue, thus enabling you to communicate. To me, this would make the whole "you have arrived as a prisoner in an unfamiliar land" thing much more believable and immersive.

The Summerset Isle would be great and we could see maybe in the future a time where it is the new imperial province with the Empire having been completely wiped out.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    I also want them to have proper decapitations in the next one. After Fallout 3 I figured we would get it in Skyrim.

Kill moves are nice and all, but I want them to do something a bit better where you can actually chop someone to pieces if you hit their unarmed neck with a big axe. It should not be happening in one killmove that rarely shows up.
    Maybe if they change the engine, the Gamebryo engine they use can't do any of this.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shuu View Post
    Maybe if they change the engine, the Gamebryo engine they use can't do any of this.
    Wouldn't it be similar to the sort of thing in Fallout where you could gib people? It's been a while since I played, but I thought you could shoot off limbs and such in that game. Of course, that's nothing compared to Soldier of Fortune-level gore.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Gibbing in fallout was tied to vats and it was kind of random. The game did recognize which limb you shot half of the time but there werer also plenty of instances where hit somebody with a cane and their arms fall off or you shoot them in the crotch and they explode. The instances of you being able to loot a minigun off an eyeball were fun though.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Pretty sure you could blow up people with explosives and such too. While Fallout 3 overdid it a bit with being able to shoot heads off with a pistol, in Skyrim I found it very underwhelming.
    In fallout you could dismember the dead ones too.

Also just think of what they could do with spells. The really powerfull ones could desintegrate limbs, a very high power lightning blast could turn someone into a skeleton, fire magic could actually leave a charred corpse, etc.

Could also be cool if scars where a thing that could happen, and that with restoration magic or seeing a healer it could be fixed. But if you'd just go with health potions and resting it would remain. Could become quite disfigured if someone tosses a fireball in your face. You could heal up fine but it would just be a visual thing.

Might also allow for interesting story things where you leave someone for dead and they return covered in scars and burn wounds.

On a completely different note, I would love to see a working economy.

Some simple salesman in an old shack could improve his store, outfit and wares if he gets enough business. And some quality store could decay and get worse goods if it does poorly. Generally they wouldnt go down in quality though unless its quest related, like you refuse to help them. Also if you steal lots of their wares, the store could decrease in quality too since they would be losing money.

Merchant caravans with guards could also travel around on the roads, delivering goods to merchants. You could protect them or rob them. Again affecting the economy.
    Going further, food could also come from somewhere. Fishermen could bring their fish to the store, farmers would have a place to sell their crops, etc.

Lordaeron55's Avatar Foederatus

TES VI: Valenwood

I was like no, I have always wanted to know the homeland of the wood elves, although it would be good to change the plot of always

goro's Avatar Tribunus

Don't know what the title should be but ideal game for me would be Valenwood and Elsweyr. It is about the same size as Cyrodiil and it has seen big political change. It would be probably a good place to start an uprising against the thalmor since the thalmor fooled the khajiit to join them. So it needs only someone to show them the truth.

We would get huge variety in landscape and weather. Jungles, deserts, marshes and big grasslands all in one game. Not to mention all the strange lore coming back to life. This could become Morrowing volume 2. We get to see all the different species of cats or cat people in Elsweyr and in Valenwood all those hunt rituals, elf tribes and the walking city of falinesti.

Overall im confident Bethesda is going south this time. All previous games have been focused on the north ( Cyrodiil, Morrowind, Hammerfell, Skyrim) Time to explore the exotic south.

Next game will be in Argonia dealign with the Dunmer attempts to reconquer Morrowind and Dominion attempts to integrate Argonia.

I like all of ideas about the upcoming TES VI but something i really want is to changing the combat system
    In fact i found the Dark souls series combat system the best of its own and i would really like to see such combat system in TES VI but of course with lower difficulty.
    -I want to see a wide range of weapons each with its unique move sets and stats and weight and required perks and skills.
    -I want to see a sword swing like a sword and a mace like mace.
    A sword should be fast and deadly to any unarmored enemy and the mace should swing slow(depends on its weight)and deliver a heavy impact that can even knock an enemy back or even down(if the weapon is heavy enough and the strength stat is high enough)and are deadly for armored enemies.
    -I want to see proper Attack and Counterattack animations.
    -I want to see proper animations for taking damage.I think it is hugely silly to see that you strike a woman with a 2handed war hammer and she just walking around and continue to attack you!
    -I want proper unarmed fighting animations.If i want to be specific i want to see vastly number of throwing skills(like in Judo or Wrestling)or punching(like in boxing)and kicking(not like Taekwondo but something like generic frontal kicks for breaking enemies parry).
    -I want to see a realistic group combat.For example if you have 10vs10 i want every man picking a right guy and engage with him/her instead of just locking on the player and attack him.
    -I want to handle unlimited followers.If you want to feel as a real champion or leader you need to have at least a bunch of fighters at your company and you should be able to command them and it feels like you command a small army.
    -I want to see diverse population as not all men looks like fitness guys and not all women looks like slim sexy hot babes.In fact i want to see all types of human physics in the game as fat slim tall short tiny huge and every thing.You should have small humans as well as large and huge humans.It feels very immersive for me to see the people are simply not like each other
    -I don't want to see people react to me regardless of my current position.It was hugely annoying when i was the champion of Skyrim and saved the country from dragons threat and still some guards told me "hands to yourself sneak thief".I want proper respect from the people depend on my current position.
    For another example if i am a mighty warrior and have a dreadful reputation among people for bravery and brute every body should care about it and most of the people should try avoid any conflict with me.Even the bandits around my area(the area that i am famous)should have heard about my reputation and whenever they came to my sight they shouldn't just throw themselves in front of my axe(not until they outnumber me hugely).The only people who should dare to fight me is the beasts and monsters and high rank enemies + the city guards if i am done any crime(again not until they outnumbered me hugely)
    -I want to see a one peace map with no need of mini loads for entering the buildings or gates.
    This will brings new futures to the game.For example take the taking the city of whiterun as the stormcloacks quest.If the map was one peaced and didn't needed to load from out to in you could have sneak to the city from the walls and go stealthy to the Dragonsreach.
    -I want to see proper stats in game and seeing i am changing as my stats and skills are change.
    For example if we have Strength stat and my strength currently is medium i should have look like a regular average man.If my strength is high my body should be look like an athlete body builder.Also not only the looks should change but the gameplay should change as well for example if my strength is medium my kick can break parry of the medium rated warriors but can not break the guard of bigger stronger mates.
    If i have higher strength i should be even able to throw my enemies back and knock them down with my kick.So my kicks will getting Stronger.
    My wrestling throwing skill damage will increase as my strength getting higher and i can unlock more powerful and deadly unarmed attacks/counter attacks.
    Another example is about brawling if i have higher strength i have bigger size body and my punch will do a lot of damage in a brawl.
    what do you think about my ideas guys?
    Last edited by Ariamanesh; October 23, 2015 at 11:45 AM.
    Our great god AHURA MAZDA demands:
    "Good thoughts of the mind, Good deeds of the hand, and Good words of the tongue"

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Isn't Dark Souls combat constant rolling to avoid damage? Something that'd get you killed in 5 seconds in real life?

Combat could use an overhaul though
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    Isn't Dark Souls combat constant rolling to avoid damage? Something that'd get you killed in 5 seconds in real life?

Combat could use an overhaul though
    Of course it is not perfect though but it has a lot of realistic parameters for introducing a nice working fighting system.Something like the player stats and how it communicate with weapon's weights and other elemental effects that can apply to any weapon.
    For example i think it is realistic to apply weight for weapons and make it available for proper amount of strength or any other attribute.
    I think it is very realistic to see a heavier weapon swing slower than lighter weapon and deliver much heavier impact than it.Don't you think?
    In skyrim every body can get a two handed heavy weapon and swing it around with no exception.
    A tiny old woman can swing a heavy two handed hammer like a powerful male warrior!
    Don't you think it is unbelievably silly?
    In DS series if a warrior have enough strength he can even dual wield some two handed weapons and i think it is completely realistic but with some additions for example i say the more the strength attribute getting higher the more your body size should getting big and there you can see a nice and realistic system.
    The bigger i get the heavier weapons/shields i can carry
    Besides i think the player should have a mount and maybe even a carriage for carrying his unused items.He will put his favorite set of items on his body and in his belt and throw the others on the carriage and whenever he need his weapons he will interact with his carriage and choose whatever he needed.But of course the carriage capacity is limited too so the player need a house or what so ever to invest his goods in it and only carry his most important things in his carriage to help him on his journey!
    Last edited by Ariamanesh; October 24, 2015 at 12:53 AM.
    Our great god AHURA MAZDA demands:
    "Good thoughts of the mind, Good deeds of the hand, and Good words of the tongue"

Senator

A tiny old woman can swing a heavy two handed hammer like a powerful male warrior!
    A poleaxe weighs about 5 or 6 lbs that's not super heavy.
    I think it is very realistic to see a heavier weapon swing slower than lighter weapon and deliver much heavier impact than it.Don't you think?
    That already happens in Skyrim and is really silly since it is far to slow.

Not that I'm against the return of Attributes.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Spajjder's Avatar Senator

I think Black Marsh would be nice. It is not a very well known continent so there are lot of things to explore.

My favourite of the series is easily Morrowind. This is because the setting was really unique, there were so many hidden layers of how the land worked. The culture was hostile, what was important was unfamiliar, the landscape was varied. And because there was limited fast travel, the continent felt dangerous, and mysterious to go through. Climbing up the Red mountain was both physically, and emotionally challening, ... well I was a kid... but I mean, there were difficult monsters there, the road was difficult to climb, and there were no place to feel safe once you left the ghost gate.
    The south western areas were more populated, had a bigger imperial presence. The north was a sea, where you swam between distant islands in an archipelego. Many quests included finding the place you were looking for instead of just having an arrow point to it. This is what I like the most, I felt completely immersed into the world.

Argonia is also a strange land. Not much is known of it, except in ESO, but I dont really count that. Anyway, just like in morrowind, there could be imperial expansion into it, with outposts and the like, there could be hidden cities deeper in the djungle, and secrets relating to the Hist to discover. More south are pirate havens, with a kind of caribian setting. And, as explained in one of the ingame books, the transport system, like the silt striders in morrowind, argonia has their own. It is massive worms who travel in underground channels across the country. They slowly, slowly digest you while you go inside, but, you release some powder i think it was to make them puke you out once you are in the right position.

The Argonians have many secrets to tell, and have history with the other races. They have also conquered southern Morrowind have they not?

Anyway, this is why it would be a really cool game.
    Head Scout: You've got three days to earn a badge.
    Peter:Three days? That's tomorrow! We gotta get going!

Quote Originally Posted by Ariamanesh View Post
    The issue with Skyrim and other video games is that the weapons are bad for powerful male warriors, not that women use them. That any human uses them actually deserves so much suspension of disbelief that it is not a big jump that in this world anyone can wield them. IRL they are too big, too heavy, too cumbersome.

What annoys me is that realistic designs actually would look way cooler. You can still make them fancy as well.
    Last edited by Mangalore; May 18, 2016 at 03:56 AM.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

I think the weapon and armor designs in elder scrolls games are quite well actually when compared to other games. Its not too outrageous.

Anyways, why not talk a bit about how they can improve the overall game, regardless of what province it might take place in?

Personly I'd really like an option to eat or drink items instead of picking them up, and having the animation happen for this as well. Just requires another command key to be used for it. It would add a lot to the immersion since you could actually visibly eat and drink while sitting at a table instead of an item just disappearing out of your inventory and giving an effect.

And for that matter, it would be good if animals yielded a lot more food than they currently do. If I kill a deer it should definatly be enough meat for a lot of meals. Hunting should be made more viable, and to balance it out animals could be harder to shoot, being more evasive and moving faster. Making sneaking up on them more important.

Also eating, drinking and sleeping could become a little more meaningfull. Not dying from it, but not eating or drinking could result in a hitpoints penalty, and not sleeping in a stamina penalty.
    It could be a bit different based on race and perks. I imagine a Redguard used to the harsh desert would be able to go longer without food and drinks than an Imperial for example.
    But through perks it could be possible to go without for longer before getting a penalty.

Proper mounted combat seems like a must too, it should have been in Oblivion already where we got nothing, and in Skyrim they just patched it in as an afterthought in pretty much the worst possible way. They should improve on it so you can hit people on both sides of your horse, can trample little wolves and that there are enemies on horseback too.

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Mangalore View Post
    The issue with Skyrim and other video games is that the weapons are bad for powerful male warriors, not that women use them. That any human uses them actually deserves so much suspension of disbelief that it is not a big jump that in this world anyone can wield them. IRL they are too big, too heavy, too cumbersome.

What annoys me is that realistic designs actually would look way cooler. You can still make them fancy as well.
    Look into Leanwolf's Better Shaped Weapons mod. I refuse to play without it, I can't stand the clunky paddles vanilla Skyrim ships with.

Apparently an official Bethesda document from 2014 mentions a TES game with the code name Greenheart being in development. Could be an expansion for TES:O or Tes 6 will be Valenwood

Indefinitely Banned

I wish they had a better Thieves Guild to work with in game. It be cool to expand upon the "bad" side if you wish to pursue that with your character.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast