Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: ~~~OLD~~~ [FAQ] General questions

Privatecamping's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [FAQ] General questions

Quote Originally Posted by throneror View Post
    I have seen how Saruman fought against Gandalf and how Saruman fought against Sauron in Dol Guldur..... He is wizard and not soldier!!! Okay call it animation or whatever you want but pls add it(I mean Dol Guldur Animation). It's funny to see Saruman fighting with his stick and hitting it at others heads.
    These were not common soldiers but nazgul in a ghost form

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post
    yeah voice isn't bad but fireball??
    Guys it's neither Warhammer nor Warcraft where deamons throw fireballs and thunderbolts or orcs with guns lol.
    I don't like any of above games.
    what? It seems to me that you have not seen lotr movies. Actually , i don't like fireball's either. The fact that Saruman Is wizard is enough for magic to exist in upcoming game.

Quote Originally Posted by Privatecamping View Post
    These were not common soldiers but nazgul in a ghost form
    And what?

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

what? It seems to me that you have not seen lotr movies. Actually , i don't like fireball's either. The fact that Saruman Is wizard is enough for magic to exist in upcoming game.
    I would love to end this debate. I've seen lotr films even dunno how much times. Last time I rewatched it was this spring.
    Did you play Attila or Rome2 or any other Total War game? Can you tell us how it can be done and how awkward it will look on battlefield? Or do you like only visual FX so around Saruman there will be blue flying magic which makes Saruman be wizard?

I would love to end this debate. I've seen lotr films even dunno how much times. Last time I rewatched it was this spring.
    Did you play Attila or Rome2 or any other Total War game? Can you tell us how it can be done and how awkward it will look on battlefield? Or do you like only visual FX so around Saruman there will be blue flying magic which makes Saruman be wizard?
    I don't know how it can be done cause i am not a programmer. More awkward will be Saruman running on a battlefield with his stick and hitting it at other's head.

I don't know how it can be done cause i am not a programmer. More awkward will be Saruman running on a battlefield with his stick and hitting it at other's head.
    Stick in left hand, sword in right^^
    Unfortunely programming isn't what can save us. We can only fill content on Attila engine but we can't change it.

Stick in left hand, sword in right^^
    Unfortunely programming isn't what can save us. We can only fill content on Attila engine but we can't change it.
    But that is not true. Saruman as we know him never appears with sword.You can't even add some Visual effects?

But that is not true. Saruman as we know him never appears with sword.You can't even add some Visual effects?
    I support mr j cos I think that there is no place for any magic stuff on the battlefield but what we could do is to make a special power like The Voice of Saruman that maybe adds some bonus to alied units or scares enemies but some blue magic visual effects arent rly good and I wouldnt like to see them in the mod

I support mr j cos I think that there is no place for any magic stuff on the battlefield but what we could do is to make a special power like The Voice of Saruman that maybe adds some bonus to alied units or scares enemies but some blue magic visual effects arent rly good and I wouldnt like to see them in the mod
    I can't understand you guys. Every single lotr game includes magic except TATW and i always thought that it's game's only flaw. Have you ever played BFME 2? I think that in this game Sauron is represented accordingly to movies...

I can't understand you guys. Every single lotr game includes magic except TATW and i always thought that it's game's only flaw. Have you ever played BFME 2? I think that in this game Sauron is represented accordingly to movies...
    Yea I did play and I like it but it is different from Total War so please dont compare them

Yea I did play and I like it but it is different from Total War so please dont compare them
    The idea of Sauron is one for both games. So i will be really glad if i see in Rise of Mordor that Saoron.

Do you really like magic be present in the next way:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Coz exactly this presentation of magic I hate most. It's totaly unrealistic. Yeah spelling some magic words and then some effect appears without any "flying VFX magic" is very good. But engine won't allow it.

Do you really like magic be present in the next way:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Coz exactly this presentation of magic I hate most. It's totaly unrealistic. Yeah spelling some magic words and then some effect appears without any "flying VFX magic" is very good. But engine won't allow it.
    Yea that would be awesome.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC6B2Q5FqxQ
    Watch this. Is this possible? I think here you will only need to modify attack.

Unrealistic? Bro do you find ring of power realistic? or do you find wizards or orcs realistic?

Unrealistic? Bro do you find ring of power realistic? or do you find wizards or orcs realistic?
    Yes with animation should be possible. But without that color after punch. This I call unrealistic. Punches at least exist in RL unlike these VFX of punch.

Yes with animation should be possible. But without that color after punch. This I call unrealistic. Punches at least exist in RL unlike these VFX of punch.
    Why without color after punch? You find it unrealistic or It's impossible with it's engine?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhjDnrw34QA
    on 3:35 the color after punch.

I find it nonsense.. Where from and why this color should appear? And im not sure if engine can handle it

Havelock Vetinari's Avatar Libertus

I agree with Mr. J, this light is like ... well ... abracadabra hocus pocus (does this word even exist? ) magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Havelock Vetinari View Post
    I agree with Mr. J, this light is like ... well ... abracadabra hocus pocus (does this word even exist? ) magic.
    Teribble idea to put magic in totla war

The only magic that would be fine in Total War is some passive effects, like The Voice of Saruman (bost alies and fear opponents), or Light of Gandalf (maybe can reduce shooting accuracy). Of course Sauron and other heroes should be boosted in melee fight, but without any animation, its pointless.

And the most important thing IMO, total war is based on whole army and whole "legions" not on one unit like wizards. But I would like to see Gandalf with sword and staff fighting like in Minas Tirith