Page 1 of 45 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: ~~~OLD~~~ [FAQ] General questions

Icon5 ~~~OLD~~~ [FAQ] General questions

Total War: Rise of Mordor - Important ThreadsSubmods, Trello & Other Resources | Public Release, Feedback, Discord & the Future of the Mod | The Art of Rise of Mordor
    Factions & Units | The Team | Recruitment | FAQ

~~~~~~~~~~ Frequently Asked Questions ~~~~~~~~~~

Some questions about our mod are asked and answered all and all over again. These important questions are listed here and hopefully answer similar questions in future, too.

General topics

(1)Question: When will the mod be released?

Answer:
    This mod arrives precisely when it means to!
    Yet still, there is a mysterious riddle on the forums that may serve as a prophecy. Answers lie in it though no one has found any so far.

(2)Question: Where will the mod be released, and will we have to pay for it?

Answer: The mod will be released on ModDB and TWCenter. It is unlikely we will release it on Steam, as the file size will be too big, however we may release one part of the mod with the rest as an external download.
    This mod is a free project. You don’t have to pay for it, and we aren’t paid for our work.

(3)Question: Can I donate anywhere for this mod?

Answer: We cannot accept any donations for the mod for it is not legally allowed. We appreciate though comments and feedback on our previews and will take into account feedback, as well as take compliments to heart.

(4)Question: How much progress has been made on the mod?

Answer: Overall Rise of Mordor is more than 10% completed so far. Our team has completed 2 out of 19 factions. We have also done a lot of 2D art, text, database, music and made progress in other areas as well.

(5)Question: What is the team focusing on now there has been a closed alpha release?

Answer: Since Gondor and Dale are done we are now going to focus on Mordor, Rohan and Isengard units. Besides units, we also plan to start battlefield and settlement modding (that includes siege battles and land battles), Gondor settlement development has already made an exceptionally promised start. For the first time ever in Total War modding history, custom wall animations have been made!
    Alongside these two main goals we will also work on other factions; creatures such as trolls, wargs and mūmakil all with custom animations; and a lot more 2D unit concepts and amazing custom combat animations. Lastly, since new races are being introduced the battle balancing will be extended to differentiate in various aspects between different races. Those aspects concern, for instance, unit size and morale. Lastly, the balancing system is continuously finetuned.

(6)Question: Will there be a campaign?

Answer: The campaign development has been put on hold temporarily however it has not been written off, and is still in the plans for the future.

(7)Question: Will the mod move to Total War: Warhammer?

Answer: There is no chance at all that the mod will move to Warhammer due to the rules regarding what types of mods are allowed. In addition, even if we wanted to make the mod on Warhammer there's just so much stuff we can't mod that it becomes impossible.

(8)Question: What about Mount and Blade Bannerlord, or the next Total War game?

Answer: The chance of us moving to Bannerlord or any other game is very small, and is pretty much not going to happen.

(9)Question: What cannot be modded in Total War Attila?

Answer: Campaign-related things such as the shape of the campaign map itself and video files (plus some hardcoded engine features).

(10)Question:What about music in-game?

Answer: We have information that music modding is possible for Total War Attila and we have all reasons to trust it. However it will take hours of testing to get an idea of what exactly we are able to edit.

Concerning factions and rosters

(11)Question: How many factions will the mod have?

Answer: 19 factions are planned for release 1.0. This may change in the future however.
    The Factions in Total War: Rise of Mordor

(12)Question: How about factions like the Variags and Dorwinion. They used to be on the list. How are they represented now?

Answer: Dorwinion is represented by three units in the Dale roster. Umbar will also have a couple of units present in the Haradrim roster. The Variags, Wainriders and Balchoth are unified in a very extended Easterlings roster that also includes the famous bronzly-armoured units from the films. The Orocarni Dwarves will be represented in Erebor's roster in a similar fashion as Dorwinion.

(13)Question: What are the plans for Arnor?

Answer: Arnor is planned to have two slightly smaller rosters, one representing the lost realm as it was during the War of the Ring (which includes rangers) and one representing its reunited form under King Elessar. The latter contains the iconic units from the prologue. However, we have found the lost realm roster to be so small and insignificant, we decided to put it on hold to be covered in a release that also contains a campaign of some sort. The lost realm in a campaign release will be a horde faction. For now, we will include the iconic reunited roster for battle release for that roster is more suitable to custom battle play. The rangers however are not put on hold with the lost realm roster. They shall be present in Imladris' roster (not in the reunited roster) as so permitted by logic and lore.

(14)Question: Will custom beasts such as trolls be included?

Answer: Yes, with custom models and animations.

(15)Question: Will dwarven factions be able to recruit so called "goat cavalry"?

Answer: No. Dwarves will have to rely on Dale mercenaries.

Concerning you

(16)Question: Is the team looking for testers?

Answer: At the moment not really, but in the future we will.

(17)Question: What positions can I apply for? How can I help the team?

Answer: The positions and requirements for them are detailed here. Basically they are 3D Character Artists, 3D Building/Environment Artists and Character Animators. You can also help out the team by contacting 3D Artists or Animators you know, who meet the level of quality expected, and informing them about the mod in case they'd like to apply to join the team.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; March 25, 2018 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Updated and extended
    ------------- under the patronage of wangrin --------------

~~~~~~~ Total War: Rise of Mordor at ModDB ~~~~~~~

Default Re: [FAQ] General questions

Has the work on the Elbs already been started? And really good project!

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Quote Originally Posted by michel3345 View Post
    Has the work on the Elbs already been started? And really good project!
    I suppose you meant elves? or ents?
    3 elven factions already in development. Ents not yet.

How can i help.... i want to be apart of something bigger than what i do now with 3d printing. What do you need from me. Email me when possible at nitscheb1429@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyman1429 View Post
    How can i help.... i want to be apart of something bigger than what i do now with 3d printing. What do you need from me. Email me when possible at nitscheb1429@gmail.com
    in future when advertisement times will come we will find you.

I do have a sort of fascination with the dwarves, in the battle of the five armies they shout their battle cry:'Tanar Durin Nur' and I was wondering if it may be possible to somehow incorporate war war cries and the shield wall the make in the movies, again if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Deagle View Post
    I do have a sort of fascination with the dwarves, in the battle of the five armies they shout their battle cry:'Tanar Durin Nur' and I was wondering if it may be possible to somehow incorporate war war cries and the shield wall the make in the movies, again if possible.
    If this will be possible we will do both, if not, unfortunely not.

Privatecamping's Avatar Civis

I dont even know will I be abble to customize recorded voices so that they sound dwarvish

When it will be available ?

Bad question. We don't call dates coz we don't know them too.

Did you start developing beasts of war yet? i mean like wargs, mumakils, spiders, trolls?

Quote Originally Posted by Reynevann View Post
    Did you start developing beasts of war yet? i mean like wargs, mumakils, spiders, trolls?
    Is answer yes enough?

I think some ebullience is sometimes nice: you can't imagine what we're able to work on atm!
    ------------- under the patronage of wangrin --------------

~~~~~~~ Total War: Rise of Mordor at ModDB ~~~~~~~

sure, im happy as long as wargs won't look like in TATW DaC ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Reynevann View Post
    sure, im happy as long as wargs won't look like in TATW DaC ;p
    TBH I dunno how do they look.
    My plan is to have 2 different warg versions, one for Isengard same to Two Towers and one for Gundabad/Dol Guldur same to Hobbit

hey Mr J and Vikus van de Merwe
    Wow this looks awesome! so for questions 1. do you guys have a twitter or youtube channel for update info?
    2. nvm just read donating is not allowed due to copyright kk lol

plz and thx

awsome work guys looks amazing, im going to buy attila just for this mod lol
    Last edited by ShaolinBudo; April 21, 2015 at 05:32 AM.

Privatecamping's Avatar Civis

We dont but we plan to open. We have a guy from THFE productions that made a video about our current progress and he will make some new videos from time to time about news about the mod. If you see the top of the thread you could see our ModDB site
    Last edited by Privatecamping; April 21, 2015 at 06:24 AM.

For updates we use this forum page and ModDB.
    We do not plan to make any YT channels, since we have guys who agree to upload our stuff on their channels. This gives advantage 'coz our channel won't be popular from the start. Our partner channels have 50-150k of subscribers which is useful for us both.
    Though in future we plan to have Twitter page. Not sure about facebook, coz it looks Does anybody still use facebook? Twitter is much better for news purpose.

I WAS wondering if you were going to have naval combat to any major degree, so I guess that counts as a general question?
    Last edited by Mr.Jox; April 21, 2015 at 11:41 PM.

I think they shouldn't focus on naval combat, just few basic ships for umbar and gondor/dol amroth so umbar could utilize their raiding tactics, there's really no point in focusing on navy because
    1. many factions can't acces the sea from the beginning
    2. even when faction can acces the sea and therefore build ships, it wont give them any strategic advantage over the enemy (besides umbar/harad and gondor ofc) other than faster transport for the elves of grey heavens etc.

So making big ships rooster would be a waste of time and resources, a lot of people dont even make naval fleets when they can due to bad balance in battles or they just dont like naval battles in TW games.

Page 1 of 45 123456789101126 ... LastLast