Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: ~~~OLD~~~ [FAQ] General questions

Default Re: [FAQ] General questions

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jox View Post
    Yes orcs multiply same way as humans and elves and dwarves.
    Didnt know that there female orcs but what about the scene in isengard when lurtz came out of the ground

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Arifian View Post
    Is it true that orcs can have children i have just watch the hobbit agai n and azog called the ork his son so i wondererd .
    Shhhh, that's the topic that shall not be named. xD jk. Just think about Saruman breeding humans and Orcs, quite bad to think about.

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

True

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Quote Originally Posted by Arifian View Post
    Didnt know that there female orcs but what about the scene in isengard when lurtz came out of the ground
    Coz film is PG-13 xD
    Orcs are not men and I believe they do have hard gangbangs

I know they were actually elves then corrupted and so came the rest
    It would make a big family tree that you would have orcbaby every turn (lots of bastards childrens)

Laetus

Hi gusy will you include flying nazguls?

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by dancc58 View Post
    Hi gusy will you include flying nazguls?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jox View Post
    No plans on flying creatures.
    Not at the moment, straight from the co-developer. (Mr Jox, not me)

Hello Everyone, haven't checked in on the mod in a while and I must say it looks great. I did have one question that im not sure if it is answered, I looked around but couldn't fin anything.

For the smaller/minor factions, do they have smaller unit sizes, or have limited recruitment per turns or even every other few turns? I would really like it to be that way so when I want to play a really hard campaign I can start with a minor faction with maybe one starting city, and slooowly build my empire/army to fend off my foes, as long as I keep my enemies off me with diplomacy until iv built my faction to a suitable level. One thing that really annoyed me with Attila is right when you start, surrounding factions already have full stacks and even the really small factions; I think it's more fun if the AI have a bit more difficulty building armies because I like to take my time with everything too. Or if I start with a rather large faction, and in the first few turns I combine whatever recruits I have to make one full stack to go demolish a small faction that shouldn't have more than 7 units.. buuut when I get there they have a full stack and then some. It's just a bit immersion breaking for me.

I don't mean this for some of the bigger factions, if they have the resources and population then i'm all for being able to recruit a plethora of units quickly, haha. But I what I would really like to see if I was playing a campaign with a very small minor faction, it would be difficult to recruit units, only being able to recruit here and there, maybe every other few turns. Making me care for my army more and makes me make wiser decisions with what I want to do with them. I just want them to feel more valuble/vulnerable to me. Basically I want the feeling of slow progression where it is apropraite. Again I'm sorry if this is all totally answered. I coulda searched a bit longer; it's just a tad late and I have work in the morning! Have a good night everyone. I am about to catch a solid 4 1/2 hours of sleep, wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicKnottzz View Post
    Hello Everyone, haven't checked in on the mod in a while and I must say it looks great. I did have one question that im not sure if it is answered, I looked around but couldn't fin anything.

For the smaller/minor factions, do they have smaller unit sizes, or have limited recruitment per turns or even every other few turns? I would really like it to be that way so when I want to play a really hard campaign I can start with a minor faction with maybe one starting city, and slooowly build my empire/army to fend off my foes, as long as I keep my enemies off me with diplomacy until iv built my faction to a suitable level. One thing that really annoyed me with Attila is right when you start, surrounding factions already have full stacks and even the really small factions; I think it's more fun if the AI have a bit more difficulty building armies because I like to take my time with everything too. Or if I start with a rather large faction, and in the first few turns I combine whatever recruits I have to make one full stack to go demolish a small faction that shouldn't have more than 7 units.. buuut when I get there they have a full stack and then some. It's just a bit immersion breaking for me.

I don't mean this for some of the bigger factions, if they have the resources and population then i'm all for being able to recruit a plethora of units quickly, haha. But I what I would really like to see if I was playing a campaign with a very small minor faction, it would be difficult to recruit units, only being able to recruit here and there, maybe every other few turns. Making me care for my army more and makes me make wiser decisions with what I want to do with them. I just want them to feel more valuble/vulnerable to me. Basically I want the feeling of slow progression where it is apropraite. Again I'm sorry if this is all totally answered. I coulda searched a bit longer; it's just a tad late and I have work in the morning! Have a good night everyone. I am about to catch a solid 4 1/2 hours of sleep, wish me luck!
    We havn't thought about an exact concept of this feature yet but it's an idea to take into consideration. I think we won't be able to make the men per unit number some kind of variable so that the unit sizes grow with the expansion of the faction. But there could be settings to inhibit or accelerate recruitment times for the units.
    We'll have a look at it as soon as the factions are implemented in the campaign. Of course it's also a question of balance between the factions, let's see what we're able to do there.
    ------------- under the patronage of wangrin --------------

~~~~~~~ Total War: Rise of Mordor at ModDB ~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Vikus van de Merwe View Post
    We havn't thought about an exact concept of this feature yet but it's an idea to take into consideration. I think we won't be able to make the men per unit number some kind of variable so that the unit sizes grow with the expansion of the faction. But there could be settings to inhibit or accelerate recruitment times for the units.
    We'll have a look at it as soon as the factions are implemented in the campaign. Of course it's also a question of balance between the factions, let's see what we're able to do there.
    You are the man Vikus!! I would be soo happy with you guys somehow implementing something like "inhibit or accelerate recruitment times for the units." like you said. This is way more important to me than unit sizes; thank you soo much for getting back to me and taking my question into consideration. You guys really have a special team; every question I have asked has been very kindly answered. You guys are the ! Pumped for your mod, take all the time you need; I ain't going anywhere.. well at least I hope not *gulp*

There'd be three ways to do this that I can think of.

1: Get permission from the Rome 2 P++ population mod guys to adapt their mod for our stuff.
    2: Make it so small factions and big factions have separate building chains. Big factions get like +1 recruitment slot every upgrade of their military building chain, whereas small factions get +1 every second upgrade. Then when a small faction maxes out their building chain, they become on the same level as a big faction by getting like +3 recruitment slots or whatever.
    3: I barely ever play Attila, but if theres an imperium feature like Rome 2 and Shogun 2 you could probably link recruitment slots to that.

After the Mordor Preview could you guys please do Rohan!

Maestro1's Avatar Tiro

You never know when the Rohirrim ride to your aid. But please don't jump off the cliff if it takes too long
    Rise of Mordor: a total overhaul mod for Total War: Atilla
    Writer, rosterer, lore-master and battle balancer for Rise of Mordor

'So do I, and so do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'

Quote Originally Posted by SmithErik View Post

Mordor is planed to be next, but prob not rohan after as we really have very little done on the faction. we will let you know the next faction upon the mordor preview. But rest assured we will preview rohan and hopefully soon, but as it is said, good things are worth waiting for.

Mordor is planed to be next, but prob not rohan after as we really have very little done on the faction. we will let you know the next faction upon the mordor preview. But rest assured we will preview rohan and hopefully soon, but as it is said, good things are worth waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by cshewey View Post
    Your right, patients. Also you posted that twice!

Lysander_'s Avatar Foederatus

Hey, I dont know if it has been already answered but can you make special garrison for special settlements for example in Minas Tirith you have Fountain Guards, Citadel Guards, trebuchets etc. or an other example in Dol Amroth you have one unit of Knights of the Silver Swan?
    Last edited by Lysander_; May 05, 2016 at 01:57 PM.

If this is released in Total war Attila, would you need 1.6 or 1.5 to play it?

If this is released in Total war Attila, would you need 1.6 or 1.5 to play it?
    Whatever the latest update is I'd imagine.

hey I heard that the total war: warhammer will now support mods, does this mean you are going to swap from Attila to warhammer if it has better modding options??, I am not a warhammer fan no idea what the it is or what its story line is. really this mod would be the only reason I would buy warhammer if you swapped over. source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CqOZzA0gMY