Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: World of Warships

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default World of Warships

Has anyone else managed to get into the closed beta?

I have to admit that I 'splashed the cash' (well, credit card) and bought the pre-order pack of three ships. I then had access to the game after I'd downloaded and installed it.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: World of Warships

Since it's Wargaming and I'm not too fond of the much of the World of Tanks stuff (not the paying stuff, but the hangars, commanders, crews, etc.) I wouldn't give money to try it out, but I do want to try the game out. I've been seeing a lot of videos online now from the people I follow from War Thunder and it definitely seems to be enjoyable.

I do want to try it out, and the War Thunder naval forces are probably still a long way away unfortunately.

Citizen

I've enjoyed it so far. The tier 1 ships are a bit of a struggle in that they are slowish and undergunned.

I've unlocked the Japanese tier II cruiser and it's a big change over the tier 1,

Edited: So far my favorite is the Yubari Cruiser. I've yet to work out how to play a destroyer though......
    Last edited by Brusilov; April 17, 2015 at 07:32 AM.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

I play the game since August. It's quite great I have to say. And that's good because it means that Gaijin will have to do even better with such competition. It's refreshing to play warships and I had tons of fun since Alpha.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

I was lucky enough to get in on their one-day-only "apply for the CBT to be considered for access" day back in early March. Currently I've got four Tier 6 ships - the Cleveland and Aoba (American and Japanese Cruisers), the Saipan (American Carrier), and the Fuso (Japanese Battleship). Absolutely astonished at how good this game is, and I've learned that I love me my Battleships. Nothing as satisfying as victories where you deal 150k damage from citadel pens for days.
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

I also have the Fuso, great BB, the Cleveland, awesome cruiser and the Enterprise. Won't go further until OBT. I dealt 189k damages with my Omaha during a game, with 6 kills and 352 hits registered. I'm afraid I won't be able to surpass this early record.

Wow, yeah, that trumps anything I've done so far!

I also, just last night, got the Nagato. Had some amazing games yesterday, at least four where I did over 100k damage, and the rest over 50k. Gonna miss you, Fuso, my beloved child. But Nagato will likely fill its shoes quite nicely, even if it's a downgrade in sheer number of guns.

Got the Kongo yesterday, would have had it faster if I realised I was playing coop battles

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

I'm waiting for a beta key, but all the hubbub about the aiming mods has me skeptical of if I'll ever play a WG game again.

I agree, but to be honest, I wouldn't notice it.

The mod shows where to aim based on the ships current speed and heading, any slight change and you are off target.
    So my frantic zigzagging works well against those with or without the mod

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    I'm waiting for a beta key, but all the hubbub about the aiming mods has me skeptical of if I'll ever play a WG game again.
    I was watching a recent video from Baron and he ranted about the aiming mod and it sounds like it's horrible simply because it allows for constant hits and crits.

Got the Kitakami, Sims and Yubari. Yeah I know luxury.

Re above post, yeah game is fubared until this mod goes. It better go or there will be an outrage.

Only thing am doing atm is practising with manually firing torps with my carrier. Just got the independance which also has dive bombers so that will interesting.
    Last edited by Totalheadache; April 23, 2015 at 08:56 AM.

The thing is, the mod can't go easily, because all the mod does is that it re-enables something already in the game code which was taken out by the devs. Yes, the aim mod was in early Alpha, and it was deactivated, but it's still in the files. All the mod does is turn it back on. They would have to rewrite the game code to get it out.

Never met someone with aim mod as far as I know. But anyway, I always hit at 21km with my Fuso. Once you figure out how to aim, you hardly miss.

Quote Originally Posted by leviath View Post
    Never met someone with aim mod as far as I know. But anyway, I always hit at 21km with my Fuso. Once you figure out how to aim, you hardly miss.
    And having 12 shells every broadside also helps

Quote Originally Posted by leviath View Post
    I believe also it helps spot people in smoke and allows you to aim for people behind islands (which ofc u can do but there's a big chance of a miss).

Its not just an aim mod it's a citadel/aim mod.

I think I was hit with it a few times, 3 salvos all citadels and dead plus was moving.

Yes it could be good shooting but I think we all know that feeling of wtf that was a bit odd.

The presence of this mod makes people suspect players who might actually be a very good player who is having a really good game. I certainly wont like it as when I get called a cheat (thats assuming I shoot as well as I can), ofc I answer in chat no I dont use mods, but it would be nice when it's gone.

Which is hopefully next patch.

Jingles was amazed they bought it back after it had be taken out for alpha.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    Jingles was amazed they bought it back after it had be taken out for alpha.
    Wargaming did not bring it back - it was removed as a 'feature' during the alpha but I presume the code was left in. All the mod has done is to use that feature.

There are rumours that the code will be changed so this feature will no longer be possible.

I've had one game in a cruiser where I'm fairly sure that I was not spotted by anyone yet three battleships targeted me behind a small mountain.

I haven't had much problem with the aim mod - after all, I die most of the time anyway, it's not something I attempt to prevent - but if others are having their experiences of the game ruined by it then that's certainly a problem that ought to be addressed, good on Wargaming for looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Strider View Post
    good on Wargaming for looking into it.
    Who said they are? last time I checked they approved it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast