Thread: 100 turns with the old map

Default 100 turns with the old map

I tested the mod with the old map for 100 turns. I used Aceh and lots happened in 100 turns.

North America
    The Iroquois started taking bunches of settlements early game, but then Denmark, HRE and England arrived and took most of their lands.
    Spanyards completely destroyed Aztecs and took most of Mayans land. But then Aztecs reemerged and started slowly a reconquista. They are not at open war with Spain.
    France gave a try colonizing central America and Venezuela, but then got kicked out by Aztecs and Incans.

South America
    A territorial dispute in Brazil led a war between Spain and Portugal. Portugal lost its European provinces, but started to dominate east South America.
    Incans rose high, but Spanish invasion made them lost their precious capital.

Europe
    Ottomans were pretty strong and almost destroyed Poland and Hungary. But a crusade led by french helped to weaken turks presence in Europe.

Africa
    Maghreb and almost all south-east Africa was on Portuguese hands. But the lost of Lisbon and a Jihad on Tunis weakened the Portuguese Empire. Now they struggle against Mutapa that already capture lots of settlements to them.
    France, Sweden and Papal States give a try to colonize west Africa.
    Ottomans were once very strong in Africa and marched on Morocco, but the lost of Istanbul is causing a decline in favor to Morocco.

India
    Mughals conquered almost all India, but somehow Vijayanagara retaliated and started to dominate all India.
    The Mughals ended wiped out but reemerged. A crusade has been called now to defend them.

East-Asia
    Ming China dominates almost all East-Asia. They protect their allies Toungoo and Korea from foreign invasions.
    Spain has Philippines now, but they dont realy exploit it for now.

What do you think guys ?
    I think I will make England and Scandinavians more aggressive.

Treaper's Avatar Miles

Default Re: 100 turns with the old map

Seems nice, can you post also starting position to have visual imagination of advancement?

AntonisTheGreek's Avatar Senator

I have some questions:
    1.When you say "Ming China protects their allies Tungoo and Korea",you mean that in your submod factions actually honour the alliance?
    2.Please remind me:Mutapa is that blue faction in Africa?And who's the light green faction in Asia(not the Persians,the others,the ones in the steppes)
    3.Who's the dark blue people in Africa,under Songhai?Sweden?
    4.How can factions reemerge?Do they reemerge via civil revolts,or somehow else?
    5.Do all European factions colonise the New World?

Quote Originally Posted by Treaper View Post
    Seems nice, can you post also starting position to have visual imagination of advancement?
    Here on the screen shot
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...l-faction-list

Quote Originally Posted by AntonisTheGreek View Post
    I have some questions:
    1.When you say "Ming China protects their allies Tungoo and Korea",you mean that in your submod factions actually honour the alliance?
    2.Please remind me:Mutapa is that blue faction in Africa?And who's the light green faction in Asia(not the Persians,the others,the ones in the steppes)
    3.Who's the dark blue people in Africa,under Songhai?Sweden?
    4.How can factions reemerge?Do they reemerge via civil revolts,or somehow else?
    5.Do all European factions colonise the New World?
    1. Toungoo and Korea could easily be whiped out by Portugal of Japan. But since they are allied to Ming, no one dares to touch them.
    2. Yep in Southern Africa it's Mutapa. The green light it's the uzbek khanate called Bukhara.
    3. Yes Sweden.
    4. If a faction was whiped out and one of their core territories revolt, they may reemerge.
    5. Westerners only. Russia, Poland and Hungary won't send boats in this regions. Colonization is more or less random, you don't know who may happear nor when

Hmmm.... I noticed an issue. The AI almost never builds ships because of actual recruitement priority.
    That's maybe why England and Sweden were not very active.

I rested with better naval recruitment priorities and I saw how much the AI is totally stupid.
    Spanish conquered Philippines, then they build ships there. Borneo was rebel and an easy prey. Even the most stupid AI would probably use the army an boat in Philippines to conquer Borneo.
    Instead the ships just roamed the earth without any objective then they ended stuck in red sea trying desperatly to reach Mediterranean sea xD...........
    Last edited by falcom4ever; April 16, 2015 at 10:12 PM.

Check the faction settings to see if they're set to "yes" in the "prefers naval invasions" line.

It does not change anything. The problem is not that AI does not uses ships for invasion.
    The problem is that the AI is too stupid to manage an army invasion from an island too remote from it's capital.

But still some times the AI can do good things. Here Portuguese couldnt reach nothern part of south american by foot in modern Surinam and Guyana.
    They used boats to land on this shores and take the settlement.
    Last edited by falcom4ever; April 17, 2015 at 11:11 AM.

Denmark VS Sweden, the deadliest conflict I ever saw in TW

Since 50 turns they kill each other without anyone taking advantage in the war

Treaper's Avatar Miles

Seems really exciting