Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: {IND}Discussion

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Default Re: {IND}Discussion

No worries, we will find a way to represent the historic choices of this time, as we already did in TIW
    Of course, feel free to make suggestions!
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Will the mongols make an appearance? because I have an idea for them.

Yes, of course
    They are on our list, as you can see on the faction list.

Oops forgot to check that , anyhow my idea. Would it be possible to depict the Mongol/Crusader Alliance? Let's say around the time of the Ninth crusade and most of the crusader states have been wiped out with the exception of Cyprus and acre a series of event scripts occur, the first being Prince Edward showing up at acre, the second would be the announcement of the mongol/Franco alliance and the third being the stack of prince Edward being reinforced with mongol units.

Sure, we could arrange such a series.
    But about the Mongol reinforcement I disagree..
    Well, there was no battle, in which they fought together.
    Hmm.. but we'll see
    Actually it is a funny thought

Quote Originally Posted by Neadal View Post
    Sure, we could arrange such a series.
    But about the Mongol reinforcement I disagree..
    Well, there was no battle, in which they fought together.
    Hmm.. but we'll see
    Actually it is a funny thought
    Yeah, It was 4 in the morning when I typed this out I meant having them arrive in Aleppo to ravage the area if its not under Crusader control.
    Last edited by b257; June 06, 2015 at 12:34 PM.

ForGondor 68's Avatar Civis

Neadal, B257, Mongols try to get alliance with franks several times, and during some invasion (the one going to Aleppo and destroy a part of it) franks help them with small troops coming from Antioch-Tripoli.
    The Armenian King of Cilicia even declare himself subject of Mongols Khan and help them in their invasion of Syria.
    Do not forget than numerous Khan are or have family member that are christian nestorian, they also use them for their administration. Is it perfectly accurate tu use mongol as an possible allie for the Latin states. franks of Jerusalem and Cyprius just fail to get their help concluding truce with Mameluks (they have never hold long event when 10 years of truce where declared).
    English king Edward and French king Louis IX see how is it important, even the pope who sent ambassy to the mongols and mongols send ambassy to the pope.

I will create a topic on the developping team on that to explain the great line of this relationships and the alliance they can get and when but not before the 15th june (I got the books on my student home and i'm on my parent's one ^^' ).

A crusade where Mongols attack from the east and Catholics by the west was imagine by the pope (i do not remeber wich one) but internal war in europe then death of this pope ruined this.

Khwarezmian invasion where much more dangerous for Franks than Mongol one !
    Last edited by ForGondor 68; June 06, 2015 at 06:38 PM.

pelon18's Avatar Foederatus

when will a beta be available to play? I'm super excited to play as Assassins =))

Thank's for your interest!
    Probably, in autumn. Hardly to say at this moment

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neadal View Post
    Just ask me nicely?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

No just kidding
    You only have to send me a request for the group
    Only as sort of mascot or in an advisory role, although my modding knowledge has become a bit rusty over the years.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Your thoughts and suggestions are always welcome
    No worries, we have some lube for you

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

congrets to the new forum

Thank's!

Gig was so kind granted it

Default Re: In Nomine Dei

This is Just what I have been praying to God for! LOL! Looks great! Very exciting and good work so far! But here are some suggestions-

-How about an historically acurate line of Faction rulers! IE when Baldwin III dies King Almeric is spawned as faction leader for KOJ
    -The Kingdom of Jerusalem had Blue not white uniforms-
    -Principality of Antiochs coat of arms was quartered blue and red.
    -Geonese Crossbowmen for crusader factions
    -Norman Knights for Principality of Antioch (Mounted and Dismounted)
    -Knights of the Holy Sepulcher and Knights of St Lazarus as well as templars hospitallers and teutonics
    Good Traits and Ancillaries espically the Dukes and counts for settlements ancillaries
    Lots of Mercenaries.
    Italian German and french mercenaries for Crusader factions.
    Like in kingdoms crusades, King Richard and King Philip (And Barbarossa and Frederich) are spawned in 1189-1191 at Acre
    Historical Battles that have to be faught? maybe as missions? just an idea Like Jerusalem has a mission in 1187 to attack Ayyubids near Lake Tiberius (Battle of Hattin) and Ayyubid army spawns there?
    Historically accurate grand masters spawn for holy orders (like the broken crescent sub mod that spawns every new templar grand master when the previous dies.)

Keep working on this please very excited to play and i await the release impatiently!

Well, Antioch coat of arms change after a wedding with French princess, we'll see exactly when, Jerusalem has not only blue suit (for soldiers), this is due to feudal system. Army where not like in films or like professional armies a man from the same place should have got different clothes to fight.some knights serving the king got blue ones but some get white (Ascalon, Jaffa got some)
    There will be event with some choice to make of course
    The coat of Jerusalem was blue but the coat of the kingdom was white (both with golden cross)
    Well there where not lot of mercenary company, but lot of pilgrims and some other !

Default Re: In Nomine Dei

-More Suggestions
    Some new historical battles would be cool too like the battle of Dorylaeum, Ascalon 1, Harran, Montgisard, and Hattin!

You might be able to get permission to use units from the un finished mods Dominatio Mundi road to jerusalem, or Farrum Aeternum (one of those two had some very cool units finished! i forget which) and Broken crescent or bellum crucis. if you dont want to make your own, that is.

Yes but i think blue is more accurate for the jerusalem knights and bodyguard and elite units then white.

Italian mercenaries and pilgrim units would be good for sure.

Also like stainless steel each crusader faction should have sub faction princes titles like KOJ should have prince of Galilee and Count of Jaffa. Also each crusader faction should have access to holy orders. KOJ alone should get knights of st lazarus and knights of the holy sepulcher though, so maybe just a unit of knights to represent each order in jerusalems roster.

Remember teutonics did begin in third crusade in holy land but were not very active in the area as say the templars or hospitallers.

Antioch was largly independent but technically Prince of antioch count of tripoli and count of Edessa were vassals of the king of jerusalem so these states should be vassalized by KOJ in game if its possible to have it start that way.

Wouldnt it be better to start the campaign before fall of edessa say like in 1125 or so..??

Antioch Edessa and Tripoli's armies were built mostly of the local armenian and syrian populations so faction rosters should include Armenian infantry, Armenian archers, Armenian Cavalry, Armenian militia and syrians as well. KOj should have some syrian units.

crusader armies had alot of Turcopoles as well.

These are just suggestions btw. And dont rush a beta if its not good yet plz!
    Keep it up and Good luck!

There will be some unit but we have done the map and some historic research we begin the nit and will work a lot on it . There will be titles of course.
    Blue will be for the knights of the city of Jerusalem not for the king's bodyguard i think but we will see that.
    1128-1129 as been study (when Zengi get Aleppo) i do not know why you suggest 1125 but maybe you can explain it to me ^^ (i have not my books with me)
    Turcopoles was a numerous part of the army but they where never more than 3.000 for the KoJ at the same moment, less than the number of sergeants (about 5.000).

Antioch and Edessa got a special history and put them as vassals of KoJ might cancel the Byzantine rights and ther relationships with the KoJ. The situation of theese states are much more complicated than that.
    Before the Greco-latin Crusade Antioch recognized the dominion of Byzantine empire but their leader manage to get the emperor out the city and protect them to be simple vassals, i'll explain it by MP if you want or later on this post, i have not the time now.

This is looking great. I'll be there when it launches, hopefully soon!

Sorry for the double post but I enjoyed the previews and got bored after. So I've managed to get back my programmes and start orchestrating these together out of pure boredom. They're not that great and I didn't make signatures for all of the factions. But meh! Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeLegion View Post
    Sorry for the double post but I enjoyed the previews and got bored after. So I've managed to get back my programmes and start orchestrating these together out of pure boredom. They're not that great and I didn't make signatures for all of the factions. But meh! Enjoy.

Many thank's mate!
    rep+