Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: {IND}Discussion

Libertus

Default Re: {IND}Discussion

Neadal, thanks for the work. Many comrades are waiting for an interesting regional mod for the era of the Crusades. We hope for an early release of your mod.

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Quote Originally Posted by IAssassinII View Post
    I really like the premise and your campaign ideas, but some of the unit skins you've previewed concerned me. Namely the Hospitaller Sergeants and appearance of the coat of arms and units of the Principality of Antioch. The chainmail looks a little strange and the Principality of Antioch's coat of arms is a plain red (which it shouldn't be). No disrespect, I genuinely appreciate your hard work here and eagerly await this mod's release, but I also thought I should speak my mind for the sake of feedback.
    The chainmail looks weird, because yet I haven't managed it to create a proper normal map for it
    Well, plain red was the coat of arms for the Principality of Antioch at this time, wasn't it?
    Sure, your suggestions are very welcome

Quote Originally Posted by ZSV View Post
    Neadal, thanks for the work. Many comrades are waiting for an interesting regional mod for the era of the Crusades. We hope for an early release of your mod.
    I hope so, too
    We'll do our very best to provide you the battle beta as soon as we can!

Cheers,
    Ned
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

I don't know of anytime that plain red was the coat of arms, if I'm mistaken I would like to know where I can read about this.

As far as I know, this was the only coat of arms: https://gyazo.com/18bbe9930b45e00bdfcb9743163cde86. The closest I've seen to plain red is the County of Tripoli, but even that has a golden cross in the middle.

Have a closer look at bohemund II
    The fleur de lis were granted to bohemund IV by the French king on his crusade.

I can't seem to find anything on this, but I really want to read about it. Can you post a link of an article or something?

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

First of all, let me officially congratulate you to the launch of your new mod! You know I can't rep you again yet, so that will have to wait for later The mod looks really promising and I will really look forward to it's release! Good luck

Now, let's come to the more serious talk I read your faction list with great interest, but there is a small mistake. The Kingdom of Cilician Armenia is shown under ''Greek Christians'', but it should be the Apostolic Church of Armenia, which is in fact the oldest Christian church in the world, the oldest Christian confession and the second oldest formalized monotheistic religion after Judaism. Maybe you don't have a religion slot left? In any case the Armenians at this time were also more friendly to the Crusader States than to the Byzantine Empire, which had almost eradicated the principality under the Kommnenoi.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    The Kingdom of Cilician Armenia is shown under ''Greek Christians'', but it should be the Apostolic Church of Armenia, which is in fact the oldest Christian church in the world, the oldest Christian confession and the second oldest formalized monotheistic religion after Judaism.
    I thought that the Kingdom of Armenia followed one of the splinter sects of the Orthodox Christian religion at this point? Like, Monophysitism, Nestorianism, or one of those... I thought this is why Armenia favored the Crsuaders, along with the Byzantines previous annexations of Armenian territory.

Nevermind Mausolos, I had read that they were heretical Christians from the Byzantine perspective, which is why they disliked Eastern Imperial Orthodox Christianity, but I guess I assumed that meant they were of the Orthodox sects that split earlier on that were also known as heretics.

I seriously need to brush up on my Armenian and eastern history.

Yeah, of course there was some kind of connection between all the ancient Eastern churches, but as the history of the Byzantine Empire illustrates, that often meant more conflict and not less. Speaking about that (and this is a question for the mod team) do all differences in religion have the same effects? Or is their a way to make two religions less ''hostile'' between each other, while two others are stronger in their rivalry?
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

ForGondor 68's Avatar Civis

There is of course conexion between all christian church but yeah Armenians are not Orthodox and they hate orthodox. This is one reason why Armenians help the Crusaders, they have nearly come under Roman dominion once during the crusade. We'll see to that on our mod ! I have just not done that for the moment. I have made some work about geographic location, economical issues, armies and characters.
    I'm looking a bit on crusaders and mongols relationships now ! I will make a bit more work on Aleppo and Damascus then i'll maybe work about the different church if i got the time

I think we can make event to make armenians, orthodox and roman cult become more close or more hostile between them.
    Last edited by ForGondor 68; August 09, 2015 at 03:49 PM.

Tighes_Hood's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by ForGondor 68 View Post
    There is of course conexion between all christian church but yeah Armenians are not Orthodox and they hate orthodox. This is one reason why Armenians help the Crusaders, they have nearly come under Roman dominion once during the crusade. We'll see to that on our mod ! I have just not done that for the moment. I have made some work about geographic location, economical issues, armies and characters.
    I'm looking a bit on crusaders and mongols relationships now ! I will make a bit more work on Aleppo and Damascus then i'll maybe work about the different church if i got the time

I think we can make event to make armenians, orthodox and roman cult become more close or more hostile between them.
    So are you on the modding team. If you are thats great Neadal has recruited some people to work on the mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    First of all, let me officially congratulate you to the launch of your new mod! You know I can't rep you again yet, so that will have to wait for later The mod looks really promising and I will really look forward to it's release! Good luck

Now, let's come to the more serious talk I read your faction list with great interest, but there is a small mistake. The Kingdom of Cilician Armenia is shown under ''Greek Christians'', but it should be the Apostolic Church of Armenia, which is in fact the oldest Christian church in the world, the oldest Christian confession and the second oldest formalized monotheistic religion after Judaism. Maybe you don't have a religion slot left? In any case the Armenians at this time were also more friendly to the Crusader States than to the Byzantine Empire, which had almost eradicated the principality under the Kommnenoi.
    Thank's Mausolos! It is my most favourite project, I have been working on this, since I just started with modding
    No, worries!

Well, I could add another religion, why not? I think that will makes it more difficult for Greek and Latin Christians to keep control over Cilicia

Quote Originally Posted by ForGondor 68 View Post

Sure, we could script an event, where the Armenian ruler have to choose between Apostolic and Latin or Orthodox Christian confession

Quote Originally Posted by Tighes_Hood View Post
    So are you on the modding team. If you are thats great Neadal has recruited some people to work on the mod!
    Sure!
    Have a look at the Modding-Team thread
    Iskar is working on this project, too.

cheers,
    Ned

Thanks for the replies! It's good to see you are working on this and I am glad to hear that you can add the Armenian Christina religion Sure, a script could help with this, maybe not one where the Armenians have to change their confession completely, but maybe something like a foreign policy guideline anyway, where you have to choose a side to support. Then again, you will probably have to do that anyway to survive

Oh we already had something like this in mind
    But for the principality of Antioch, as well.

We will come back to it on a later date
    Currently, I am more concentrated on TIW,
    but as soon as all units are finished, I will work on the battle beta for IND again

Civis

Great news! Good to see that many people still care for best TW series.

Civis

Any news?

Easy lad
    Be patient!

One scenario I've always wanted to see replicated is the movement of christian forces through the Byzantine Empire into Anatolia, fighting the Seljuks, and then being able to form my own Crusader State. Like, maybe somehow script four major armies, that of Raymond IV of Toulouse, Bohemond of Toronto, Godfrey of Bouillon, and Robert Duke of Normandy (or Baldwin of Boulogne), and allow us to play as one of them, and allow us at any point to either break our oath to Alexios Komnenos and take for ourselves former Byzantine territory currently in the hands of the Seljuks in Anatolia, or form our kingdoms with the conquest of cities in the Holy Land. I don't know, I'm 95% certain this is an impossibility, but that is something I've always wanted to see realized.

Well, no, that idea would be feasible, RTJ planned such a thing.
    But I am afraid that I won't have the time for that, as you may know