Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue Lotus Total War: MODFOLDERED!

Default Blue Lotus Total War: MODFOLDERED!

Blue Lotus Total War
    Modfoldered Edition
    by Allevander
    Thanks to the previous Blue Lotus Team

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ny.../blue_lotus.7z

I Downloaded the Rinsui version of Blue Lotus years ago, and tried to fix it somewhat to make it playable.
    Well recently I decided to put in the work to convert it to a modfolder (harder than it looks, must be why it hasn't been done before).
    Changes
    -Modfoldered appropriate files with blue_lotus tag
    -ported models, textures, items from Blue Lotus mod
    -pack file for stubborn building textures that used to be overwritten
    -Unit recruitment and building effects tweaked
    -Rebels overhaul, hopefully in line with the BLTW experience.
    -Zone of recruitment for Refugees and mecenaries (done with hidden resources, previously planned but not implemented)
    -Wonder buildings (done with hidden resources, previously planned but not implemented)
    -Should be as close to original overwrite Blue Lotus version as can be, yet settlement underlays don't seem to have worked.
    Well it looks better without them anyways.
    Features original full campaign and custom battles and sieges.
    I also adjusted a few of the factions starting koku (denarii). Hopefully it is balanced enough to have a successful playthrough if playing smartly.
    If not feel free to adjust campaign values yourselves or give suggestions to me for further balance.
    Hopefully I have smitten the most obvious crash to desktops (CTD's) that may happen, but I can't guarentee that it won't happen.
    Campaign testing by the AI eventually gets overrun by the Yomi usually.

TO INSTALL
    Works on Rome Total War 1.5.
    Just extract the blue_lotus folder and place in your Rome Total War directory.

NON-STEAM USERS:
    Create a shortcut to your RomeTW.exe file. Right click the shortcut, click properties, shortcut tab,
    copy in the following to the Target line:
    -nm -mod:blue_lotus -show_err
    Example:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -nm -mod:blue_lotus -show_err
    Launch and Play!

STEAM USERS (cause mod folders work on Steam):
    Right click Rome:Total War in your library, click properties, set launch options, copy in the following:
    -nm -mod:blue_lotus -show_err
    Click OK. Launch Rome: Total War and Play!

As has been said before, Blue Lotus is the modder's mod, from which I myself learned to mod Rome Total War. I hope you can freshly enjoy the work myself and the previous teamn put into this classic.

Cheers, and happy demon hunting.

Centenarius

Default Re: Blue Lotus Total War: MODFOLDERED!

Well done Allevander!, I have been waiting for this since many years; thank you for this foldered edition. + rep
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Lt.-Col. Dan's Avatar Tiro

Downloading now. +rep for your effort!

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

hoggy was ahead of his time...

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    hoggy was ahead of his time...
    I second that!

Good on ya for taking this on Allevander, BLTW totally deserves more playing if it can eventually be made fully playable.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Awesome work Allevander. Blue Lotus was one of my fav RTW mods and I always felt that it was underrated by the community.(Might be because hoggy disappeared before really 'finishing' it.) This just got me to re-install Rome1 just to replay this awesome mod again!
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

nhinhonhinho's Avatar Domesticus

Well done bro I'll try it when I have times. Useful practice for the working of our project XD

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Good to see the spirit of RTW modding still lives on! Thanks for this!
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Hello, I installed the mod in a clean copy of the Rome total war folder and after following your steps for those who do not have the steam game, at the time of starting the mod, jumps an error that says "Generic error: Can not Read descr_strategy_lighting.txt " and closes, Could someone help me with this?h

I just got a few quick questions.

1: Are there any events in this mod?

2:Can i recruit terracotta warriors as any of the factions?

Thank you for a response

I always wished to be able to play this mod, and the campaign is great, thank you for making it playable! I found some issues related to the Monks faction. Apparently, crashes occur when you fight with or against them, specially if they are high in numbers. I experienced these crashes only in siege battles that I played with or against them, other factions seens to be alright. Does someone know what mod file could be related to this issue? I just want to mess around with the files and see if i can do something to fix it, thanks!

Wow its been four years since I released this already... and still I keep coming back to Rome 1 and its mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Aragornnn View Post
    Hello, I installed the mod in a clean copy of the Rome total war folder and after following your steps for those who do not have the steam game, at the time of starting the mod, jumps an error that says "Generic error: Can not Read descr_strategy_lighting.txt " and closes, Could someone help me with this?h
    I'd say check your installation again. descr_strategy_lighting.txt is not a modded file in the modfolder, ie, part of the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by BubMerley View Post
    I just got a few quick questions.

1: Are there any events in this mod?

2:Can i recruit terracotta warriors as any of the factions?

Thank you for a response
    Not sure what you mean by events, but the campaign events file is empty, so its just the standard gameplay. There are however a variety of special buildings, that are region specific, that act as local wonders; in addition to each faction having special zones for recruitment, with a unit progression system culminating with a sort of a hero unit.

As of now, the terracotta warriors are not recruitable; they are part of a rebel faction that owns the province they are in though. You could mod the files yourself to add them in though, the easiest way may be to make them a mercenary unit for the region. I've also debated with myself whether they should rather be part of the Local recruitment building chain as well.

Quote Originally Posted by angelok666 View Post
    I always wished to be able to play this mod, and the campaign is great, thank you for making it playable! I found some issues related to the Monks faction. Apparently, crashes occur when you fight with or against them, specially if they are high in numbers. I experienced these crashes only in siege battles that I played with or against them, other factions seens to be alright. Does someone know what mod file could be related to this issue? I just want to mess around with the files and see if i can do something to fix it, thanks!
    As for crashes, they really can be a fickle thing... I did my best to make sure the worst of them were taken care of way back when, looking up the causes of crashes could be a convoluted process. If its a consistent crash that happens regularly there could be a solution, but crashes in battles which happen sometimes and not others (in reloading the same battle even!) are hard to venture at. If it is Monk related it could be a problem with a unit in the roster, or perhaps their sieges. More details and isolating the factors of the crash might help, but at this point, if its not a too regular campaign ending occurence, it can usually be worked around or ignored.

Thank you all for playing!

Good news! I encountered the Monk Besieging crash myself in my campaign, and rooted out its cause. I tested in custom battle sieges too, and found that it wasn't a roster issue with a problem in the units, but because it was a siege, I took a look at the siege equipment in descr_engines.txt. I found that the Monk culture (roman) didn't have a corresponding ram associated with it, so I copied the Japanese entry for it and assigned it to the Monk culture (roman). Loaded my campaign back up and it no longer crashed, so it's a quick easy fix really, and I think I'll look for other improvements before I make a patch, so for now you can check the fix for yourselves.

Sieges with the monks are working fine now! I haven't encountered anymore issues related to the mod, only performance issues, but thats related to the old game engine I suppose, thanks!

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Allevander, have you had any thought of returning to this mod and adding additional features etc? I'm trying my hand at modding total war games and have considered perhaps making a submod for Blue Lotus.
    Last edited by isa0005; October 26, 2019 at 11:41 PM.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

This mod looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    Allevander, have you had any thought of returning to this mod and adding additional features etc? I'm trying my hand at modding total war games and have considered perhaps making a submod for Blue Lotus.

I've kind of always wanted to do like a sequel or prequel or something, a new historical or legendary setting, that would rehash and expand the factions, perhaps a new larger map... but my ambition is always larger than what my motivation allows, and I barely check in on these threads like every few months to see what's new, if anything. I've also got a few leftover side projects that have yet to see completion, that deserve more of my time (and should so first, but...), but coming back to R:TW for modding has always come in spurts of progress for me. I wouldn't mind collaborating or sharing ideas on a new project, but I don't know how committed I can be; other games take up much of my time now on Steam aside from only R:TW. PM me if you want more details or ideas on anything, I'd say... it'd clutter the thread otherwise, lol.

This is such an amazing mod, Allevander thank you for fixing it up for everyone. And Hoggy, much love wherever you are (maybe trapped under a mountain for 500 years?)..

One issue that made it hard for me to finish a campaign was invisible walls in the settlement maps. I think this was an issue in vanilla but the roads seem much narrower than they look. Aside from being awkward especially on the big unit sizes, this makes it both frustrating and time-consuming to attack a city, and also extremely easy to defend a city, even against overwhelming odds.

I took the liberty to upload the mod at ModDB, to avoid the loss of data many mods encounters with hosting sites that deleted files after a while.

https://www.moddb.com/games/rome-tot...e-lotus-repack

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Hello,

May I use models and textures of buildings and modify them for my own mod?

Kind regards,

KurdishNomad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast