Post here the bugs and ctd.

REPORTED BUGS
    Team Leader De Bello Mundi

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: >> BUGS REPORT DBM v1.2<<

Reserved

i playing Macedon, and after some turn, the thing that make me worry is the family tree, it only left one king alone. after the last king dead, will it be end of the game? i do have many general, but they not in royal family tree
    Mod that feature Asian will be great, especially Japan,Chinese and Korean.

I just had a weird bug after I took Bylazora with two stack army. After the smaller army occupied the town I tried to merge the larger army with the family members into it. The part I tried to merge warped to arminium and the rest of the stack warped to tarrentum. Maybe that was where they were recruited but not sure. Pretty strange lol. I put them back on a boat and heading back now.
    “Plunderers of the world, after they, laying everything waste, run out of land, they probe even the sea: if their enemy has wealth, they have greed; if he be poor, they are ambitious; neither East nor West has sated them; alone of mankind they covet poverty with the same passion as wealth. Robbery, butchery, rape they misname empire: they make a wasteland and call it peace” Tacitus

Hello, I'm currently playing a roman campaign, great mod!

but I would like to point out two issues which seem to be bugs:

- when I arrived at turn 131 (year 109 BC), the game already triggered the augustan reform; marian reform had normally triggered around turn 109. I checked the FULL and LIGHT campaign scripts, it seems there is an error concerning augustan reform: the scripts say it must happen between turns 130 and 140, so they are not coherent with the manual.

- also, once the augustan reform triggered, I could not recruit the legions Alaudae, Rapax, Ferrata and Gallica anymore; I think it's not right, these legions should be available in augustan era too.

cheers.

Hello, I'm experiencing ctd in almost every field battle involving reinforcements (except for sieges): the battle loads, but game crashes just after I push "start battle" button.

I have found this line in the system.log file of DBM:

19:41:54.531 [data.invalid] [error] BATTLE_MAP_AREAS unhandled situation : See Charlie

the log then continues for many lines, but the next containing the word "error" is the last one:

19:42:20.053 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

EDIT: I don't know if this is of any importance, but on a subsequent test ending in ctd I found these lines:

19:55:30.811 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/descr_fire_texture_list.txt,,not found
    19:55:30.811 [system.io] [warning] open: data/descr_fire_texture_list.txt is missing
    19:55:30.820 [data.invalid] [error] BATTLE_MAP_AREAS unhandled situation : See Charlie

there is no "descr_fire_texture_list" file in the DBM data folder, actually.

EDIT: here is another test, same battle as the second test above:

20:21:39.104 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods\DBM/data/descr_fire_texture_list.txt
    20:21:39.104 [system.io] [trace] file open,,2C9F38B8,,not found
    20:21:39.104 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/descr_fire_texture_list.txt,,not found
    20:21:39.104 [system.io] [warning] open: data/descr_fire_texture_list.txt is missing
    20:21:39.113 [data.invalid] [error] BATTLE_MAP_AREAS unhandled situation : See Charlie
    Last edited by Ulakanakulot; April 25, 2015 at 01:26 PM.

Hello, I just had the same battle ctd in a battle without reinforcements, 1 vs 1 army (rome vs carthage), in iberia.

I attach the final part of the log file.

system.log.txt

"after the last king dead, will it be end of the game?"

If your whole royal family goes poof, you're finished. That's what happened when you suddenly see an entire faction turn rebel.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Brythonic general seems to be burried in his chariot (his legs are going through the chariots bottom), otherwise really nice mod, you have done great job on briging M2TW back to antiquity.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

have to say, great job! very good balanced, no bugs found atm

King_Z's Avatar Foederatus

Ive just started using this version and the battle on the Prologue when clicked it reverts you to the previous page.

Also I have a question, the prologue campaign 264 BC The first Punic war is now also on the main De Bello Mundi campaign list. However it states medium at the top.

Is this an error as I was just wondering if this was a full game or it was intended as a short game before the main campaign game? I am wondering because of the Medium title at the top, as I like to play all my games on the fullest and hardest level. I would play it and find out but I have so many mods on the go at the moment its easier to ask.

Its a great filler for the gap between 338 BC - 260 BC Paeninsula Italica II and 240 BC - 117 AD De Bello Mundi.

While I am here... Im sure I read somewhere on this forum that the Testudo could not be implemented as the game did not support it. Could this still be done even if it meant the extreme of a patch to the actually Medieval2 game files. I ask because when I was modding Farming simulator all the other modders told me I couldn't do a certain thing I wanted to implement as it was hard coded into the game, I eventually found a way round it.

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

you're right, there's a bug with the prologue battle. i'm going to fix asap.
    don't worry about "medium". it's only a folder name, you can choose the difficulty in the factions windows.
    The only way to get testudo in game is to change the phalanx animation. however you'll get the phalanx bonus/malus.

-Ballista towers dont shoot
    -No oil from stone walls (only large stone walls)
    -making peace with enemies is near impossible, even offering them half ur empire they ll still refuse it
    -Alliances mean nothing and are broken after 3 turns

One of my battles is bugged. I am currently playing as the Romans and everytime I fight a rebel army, I get a CTD in the midst of battle.
    The rebel General/Captain is stuck in a hill, his blade is also flying around and every time he gets killed, I get a CTD, at least I think so.
    Savegame attached, the small Punic campaign, not the tutorial one.
    Roman.rar
    Life is a joke, and one day you gonna laugh yourself to death about it.

tiepilot98's Avatar Libertus

"Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit"...

That is always, when i start battle with Augustus' legionaries.

New log:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!l1VC1CxI!d3YtA9...Of2Tb7CAQSUWCk
    But there I launched game. It's strange - if you're doing a new shortcut, and launch, it's work, but if you launch from a shortcut, which has already launched - "Error".
    Last edited by tiepilot98; June 10, 2015 at 12:04 PM.

After sieges the devastation caused by armies does not restore with the turns passing . I need to wait more or something or Its a bug?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast