Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Research] Bulgarian, Croat and Serbian Musik in 872-1071

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Default Re: [Research] Bulgarian, Croat and Serbian Musik in 872-1071

In the last few months I've been gathering all kinds of music for sifting through (so far I've gathered something like 50 Gbs), so that the Balkan group would have a somewhat better music. And since listening to church chants all the time is IMO rather boring, I've gone the folklore path. Unfortunately, truly accurate music has been practically impossible to find - even if we use only chants on the strat-map, having such chants during battles would sound even more off. So, as I said, I'm going mostly for "modern" folklore - a few songs (as long as they don't use any modern instruments or sing about modern things, like Turks, guns etc), but mostly instrumental folk music. The trick is to sound it at least relatively authentic, but also be pleasing enough for the ears (considering you'd be listening to the same tracks over and over and over again). Still, I was wondering - should I strive for maximum authenticity (or rather traditional, considering true authenticity is impossible) or can I have a little bit of leeway as well? What do you think?

SerbianWOLF's Avatar Semisalis

I think it's OK.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Primicerius

Traditional is good, but I must say I do find Church chants to raise the hairs on my neck! Very inspiring and you can image the incense filled service before the days coming campaign

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12