Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Reduced Garrison

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Reduced Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    Just tested all three versions. I had no crashes so it must be one of your other submods which is either incompatible with my mod or not fully updated for DeI version 1.1
    I unticked all other mods except for DEI and it still doesn't get past the initial white screen. Could a mod sitting inactive in my data folder be causing this? I guess I could manually remove them all... but I'm too tired.. I'll try tomorrow ~

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by rjacko10 View Post
    I unticked all other mods except for DEI and it still doesn't get past the initial white screen. Could a mod sitting inactive in my data folder be causing this? I guess I could manually remove them all... but I'm too tired.. I'll try tomorrow ~
    That is usually the way to do it. Even inactive mods in the data folder can cause problems. Just need to unsubscribe on steam aswell otherwise steam will just redownload them as steam will notice them not being in the data folder.

Ahh cool. Didnt realise that could be an issue. My data folder is sort of messy so coud do with a clean up. I'll let you know the results

I tried the version 1.pack it stuck in loading screen, tried unticking all except DeI 1.1a & DeI 2, and tick every other submods 1 by 1, all worked untill i ticked the version 1 again, and it's stuck in loading screen, so i untick it, and tick DeI AFP 12TPY submods, and it worked, so i'm pretty sure there's something wrong with version 1.

Btw, i'm using DeI official submods like "NoPOGarrison", "ReducedUpkeepCost", "AFP12TPY", and a non official submods "_movementrange"

ow .. and aztec lighting + mods_bloody dust up.pack

Okay, i just downloaded reduced garrison for city garrison only, it works .. so i'm not sure why the Garrison city + forum doesn't.

I just tried out all three versions again. And I have no problems using DeI and my submod.
    Like I told rjacko it suspect that it is the other submods that you use which is causing problems. Submods can also conflict with each other and that is what I believe is happening in your case.
    Even when inactivated submods can conflict just by being present in the Rome 2 data folder.

Well .. i tried the garrison city only (works) & garrison+forum+military (works) .. then i'll just choose between those two .. thanks .. and +rep

Kewl. Somehow one of your other submods is conflicting with version 1 of mine. But if you can manage with one of the others then its all good

Hey FlashHeart.. sorry to keep interrupting you. I have a lot of pack files in my data folder.. are any of these mandatory before I remove them?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	331773

Much appreciated

They are all mandatory as they come with the game and not from mods. without some of these you will be missing alot of important files.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    They are all mandatory as they come with the game and not from mods. without some of these you will be missing alot of important files.
    Thanks for the quick reply. Even with all the baggage stripped out (I don't know how some Skyrim mods got in there!!) it still didn't work. From the post above I decided tried a different version and hey presto.. all is fine Time to play

Extremely odd. Have you tried to download it again using the new links? I uploaded the versions I just tried out on my own and they all worked. No crashes. Its really weird unless ofc its submods conflicting. But then you will just have to make due with one of the other versions so you wont miss out of the other submods.
    Glad that it works and please report if you want any tweaks or find mistakes.
    I should have made it quite easy to implement changes.

oh no not save game compatible.. I must start again!

I'll try the new link now, not sure if I used the new one or not.

I dont belive so no. Very unfortunate.

Right it's now working!

Quote Originally Posted by gilagem View Post
    Well .. i tried the garrison city only (works) & garrison+forum+military (works) .. then i'll just choose between those two .. thanks .. and +rep
    Seems like rjacko got it working by downloading it again using the new download links in the OP. try using that instead. The old one you downloaded might have had some mistakes.

Okay .. downloading now .. thank you

All version works .. great job mate

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast