Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Reduced Garrison

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Reduced Garrison

In addition to the above, last night I attacked a Pict settlement at Lemonum, before the mod it had 20 units in garrison and after the mod ditto. When I attacked, every unit of the 20 therein were at tier four capability. So not only were the number of units not degraded, but their readiness quotient was also unperturbed. This ain't working.
    Last edited by Paladin247; October 05, 2015 at 01:05 AM.
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

My sincere apologies. For odd reasons its not working for me either which is strange since it did so when I uploaded the version as the first one just crashed.
    I will look into this and get it fixed. Was absolutely sure that it worked but I stand corrected.
    Last edited by FlashHeart07; October 05, 2015 at 02:29 AM.

Updated OP with a new version for DeI 1.1...
    More is to come.

Excellent. I used to use this pre 1.1 however I started a 1.1 campaign last night with it off and the garrison units were canon fodder. The new battle mechanics have changed things....

what is your opinion?

So far I havent had time to test it actually. Very unfortunate but Ive been pretty busy lately. Hopefully we will have it tested. The idea is that the garrisons should only be to damage the enemy and not actually be able to hold off an entire army. We want to avoid the fact that attacking a city with a full stack is at times almost impossible due to the fact that almost all buildings add to the garrison. After a few turns most AI cities have 16-20 units.
    But if it turns out that the garrison is way too weak we will increase their quality but not their numbers

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    But if it turns out that the garrison is way too weak we will increase their quality but not their numbers
    Wel my only test has been on the most basic of garrisons with Roman Hastati. Townsfolk fell nice and quick, the more armoured ones were noticeably tougher.

I'll see how things progress before I use this again. Thanks for the quick update though

Thanks This submod should make it easier to take settlements only defended by a garrison but shouldnt make the game a walk in the park. So its all about the balancing. All reports are appreciated

Updated OP with new version. This includes reduction of garrison added by forum buildings.
    Again.. Ideas and critique is more than welcome.

Any submod for 1.05?

thomas_r's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaaredo View Post
    Any submod for 1.05?
    Why would you stay at the version 1.05 ?
    1.1 is out

Quote Originally Posted by Kaaredo View Post
    Any submod for 1.05?
    No as thomas wrote, version 1.1 is out.
    I might be able to create a version for 1.05 but I cannot be certain that it will work.
    Try it out and see.. But I cannot promise anything

LINK

Updated OP with new links and a new version
    Version 2: Includes reduction of garrison provided by City, Forum Buildings and Military Buildings.

The Caesar's Legions mod which I find extremely immersive with the unique named and numbered legions is broken by 1.1. Caesar hasn't been seen on his thread or answered a PM since August so an update there is unlikely for the foreseeable. I'm staying with 1.05e until Caesar updates. So would appreciate a 1.05e fix if that's not too hard.
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

Updated OP with new versions which should be completely without any flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin247 View Post
    The Caesar's Legions mod which I find extremely immersive with the unique named and numbered legions is broken by 1.1. Caesar hasn't been seen on his thread or answered a PM since August so an update there is unlikely for the foreseeable. I'm staying with 1.05e until Caesar updates. So would appreciate a 1.05e fix if that's not too hard.
    I can have a version ready for you tomorrow. Would you be needing reduction of only the city garrison, or with forum and barracks aswell?

FlashHeart, thanks so much for the quick come back. I would prefer the reduction of the city garrison in quantity and quality and with forum but not barracks if that's not too hard.

Ahhaha I'm now using it! Thanks!!

I do hate a camping AI

oh no.. i can't get past the first loading screen with this mod enabled.. it never stops loading

edit: strange because 12tpy and 4tpy build/tech/costs mods CTD when I activate them.... perhaps it's my setup...

btw I'm using the mod where there is still added garrison with military buildings
    Last edited by rjacko10; October 31, 2015 at 08:50 AM.

I will take a look at it

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by rjacko10 View Post
    oh no.. i can't get past the first loading screen with this mod enabled.. it never stops loading

edit: strange because 12tpy and 4tpy build/tech/costs mods CTD when I activate them.... perhaps it's my setup...

btw I'm using the mod where there is still added garrison with military buildings
    Just tested all three versions. I had no crashes so it must be one of your other submods which is either incompatible with my mod or not fully updated for DeI version 1.1

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast