Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family tree mess: character giving birth to himself?

Default Family tree mess: character giving birth to himself?

Can someone please explain what is going on in this family here?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.jpg  

Default Re: Family tree mess: character giving birth to himself?

Some more information would be nice. Did you see the new Kossrau as child or did he just pop-up out of nowhere?

not sure since when it appeared there, just noticed the mess, can't quite tell for sure since when it appeared.
    seems like he's his own bastard child
    originally he was bahram's son. so the second line is correct, but the one couple of clones that have appeared next to the deceased bahram are ghosts and shouldn't be there.

I've had some issues with the family tree in one campaign. I've had two iterations of the same branch appear twice. By killing one, the other would die too, but it was annoying as hell since there is no feature to zoom out (which should be fixed after the patch).

Easy easy, it was Jesus

Attila's birth is buggy, as I've seen some weird things when playing as the Huns, but I think it's only because his birth is scripted.

But as for a character giving birth to a character with an identical name? That's just a silly oversight from CA: I'm sure there's a list of randomly assigned names for births, and they just either didn't make that list very long, or they neglected to have a check to make sure that no name is used within X number of turns as the last time it was used. I know this is an issue because I had two Bleda's as the Huns with one being the parent of the other, with different ages and everything proving they were different characters with only the same name.

On the other hand, while I haven't personally seen it, it wouldn't surprise me to have some type of glitch where a character really is listed as his/her own parent (in which case they would have identical age, etc., between the two iterations).

i assasinated my general and his wife next turn they had a baby. so i would not count on the family tree system.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by koraygozu View Post
    i assasinated my general and his wife next turn they had a baby. so i would not count on the family tree system.
    maybe she was pregnant before he died?

Not giving birth to itself. He is just flagged as a bastard AND a legitimate son, both having their own place on the tree, only one giving babies.

i think i might have mislead some of you guys...
    what actually has happened here is that the same character and his wife have appeared next to the name of his father. the tree would be all correct if the one couple at the top were removed.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

It doesn't seem starnge if the son have the same name as the father but it's best if the game add number epitepth for example the first will be Khiosrau I and his son will be Khosrau II and so on.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

maybe a son with the same name?

Have you somehow modded the family names? I'm asking this, because two of your family members are named Yadidatum and Ahati-waqrat, who are both "characters" of the Defender of Texel, according to the game's wiki.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; March 23, 2015 at 09:51 AM. Reason: incoherent post

PumpkinBread's Avatar Miles

Icon4 Re: Family tree mess: character giving birth to himself?

Of course it's modded, there is a third instance of the character on the right side. + That is the Sassanid family tree. Such characters do not not exist in the Sassanid tree. If they were adopted (triplets? lol) They would be one tier lower on the tree than being Bahram's siblings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritterlichvon86 View Post
    Easy easy, it was Jesus
    Religions solves everything, God was lonely so he made the Son and the Holy Ghost. Running the Universe now with committee.
    Proculus: Divine Caesar, PLEASE! What have I done? Why am I here?
    Caligula: Treason!
    Proculus: Treason? I have always been loyal to you!
    Caligula: [laughs insanely] That IS your treason! You're an honest man, Proculus, which means a bad Roman! Therefore, you are a traitor! Logical, hmm? Ha, ha, ha!

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinBread View Post
    Of course it's modded, there is a third instance of the character on the right side. + That is the Sassanid family tree. Such characters do not not exist in the Sassanid tree. If they were adopted (triplets? lol) They would be one tier lower on the tree than being Bahram's siblings.

don't be so sure about being modded.
    it is NOT modded.

Some messed up incest in your family, making a man count as his own father.

Quote Originally Posted by D@gget View Post
    Some messed up incest in your family, making a man count as his own father.
    yeah, first thing that came to my mind was also the lannister twins

Must have some abnormal large dick, okay i am outta here:

Meet the Alans Family. 2 Kings, 2 less-than-delighted heirs, 2 daughters answering to the name of Gemigishkirihallit. Interbreeding, schizophrenia, the lot. Civil war can't be far away.

"Yer mum's yer dad
    Yer dad's yer mum
    Yer all inbred
    You Alan scum."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast