Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why cant subjugate?!

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Default Why cant subjugate?!

Guys I got into weird situation.

Thing is im getting the last and only city of ERE Separatists (Constantinopolis) , but guess what there is no Subjugate button, only Sack and Raze
    On the other hand, in diplomacy, I can offer them to be my Tributary state

What the?!
    Last edited by SharpEyed; March 21, 2015 at 01:54 PM.

Default Re: Why cant subjugate?!

Could be bug by separatist faction. Or they have one more city on other side of the map, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by veverčák View Post
    Could be bug by separatist faction. Or they have one more city on other side of the map, perhaps?
    No they dont

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Total War  Attila 2015-3-21-21-23-25-952.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	328.7 KB 
ID:	323082 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Total War  Attila 2015-3-21-21-22-54-176.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	320.9 KB 
ID:	323083

Separatist factions can't be subjugated through the campaign map.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeratus View Post
    Separatist factions can't be subjugated through the campaign map.
    I didnt say different thing than this, but is it a Game feature or a bug?!

Not sure, but I've not come across a separatist faction that is subjugatable.

Also sometimes you lose the option to subjugate the last province. This has happened to me when I sack a city a few times when I had the option to subjugate. Afterwards, it no longer becomes possible to subjugate.

Not sure, but I've not come across a separatist faction that is subjugatable.

Also sometimes you lose the option to subjugate the last province. This has happened to me when I sack a city a few times when I had the option to subjugate. Afterwards, it no longer becomes possible to subjugate.
    Well thats interesting, and I didnt even sack it, with or without sack its still the same..

Can offer with diplomacy but cant do it on map.. that doesnt make sense..

No you can't subjugate rebels, they aren't a faction
    sorry
    they have more than one location they can emerge from
    Last edited by xjlxking; March 21, 2015 at 04:13 PM.
    What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also
    Veni, Vidi, Vici
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by xjlxking View Post
    No you can't subjugate rebels, they aren't a faction
    sorry
    they have more than one location they can emerge from
    Then why there is an option for that in Diplomacy still? (u can see in the photo)
    It's weird

Quote Originally Posted by c1h4d View Post
    Then why there is an option for that in Diplomacy still? (u can see in the photo)
    It's weird
    Something they likely forgot to remove
    What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also
    Veni, Vidi, Vici
    Julius Caesar

Which faction do you play, some faction have no options to settle of subjugate, just let us know which is the faction you use to play. But still game needs some improvement.

Something they likely forgot to remove
    I would suicide myself if all would be fine with "modern" games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tardi View Post
    Which faction do you play, some faction have no options to settle of subjugate, just let us know which is the faction you use to play. But still game needs some improvement.
    Its Huns as u can see in the pictures my friend

And u know subjugating has much meanings, for some factions its making "Tributary state" (as Huns), for some its "Puppet state" I think thats it for Attila, but there was "Client state" "Satrapy" etc. in R2
    Last edited by SharpEyed; March 21, 2015 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by c1h4d View Post
    I would suicide myself if all would be fine with "modern" games.

Its Huns as u can see in the pictures my friend

And u know subjugating has much meanings, for some factions its making "Tributary state" (as Huns), for some its "Puppet state" I think thats it for Attila, but there was "Client state" "Satrapy" etc. in R2
    keep in mind this is a company who is making games in a dying genre one that has a near-monopoly status for this kind if game. They get to get away with crap like this because there really is no alternative
    Veni, Vidi, Vici
    Julius Caesar

Tried subjugating two separatist factions (Causasian Separatists and Roman Separatists) but wasn't able to. I'm pretty sure it is not possible to subjugate separatist factions.

keep in mind this is a company who is making games in a dying genre one that has a near-monopoly status for this kind if game. They get to get away with crap like this because there really is no alternative
    Yea there is no such alternative, all those years (15! i was 8 back then) no1 made a strategy game works like TW games.. its weird..
    they got a patent or what?

Tried subjugating two separatist factions (Causasian Separatists and Roman Separatists) but wasn't able to. I'm pretty sure it is not possible to subjugate separatist factions.
    Ok mate thx for the try and the info

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Maybe that last region wasn't their (romans) native regions ? I don't play Attila much yet but iirc in Rome II you can only subjugate a faction if they happened to have a last region which is their native region. For example as Iceni lately I can't subjugate Rome when their last region is Carthage (they have lost all Italy) but on another campaign as Parthia I subjugated Rome when they are only holding Velathri.

Maybe it's still the same case in Attila ?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Maybe that last region wasn't their (romans) native regions ? I don't play Attila much yet but iirc in Rome II you can only subjugate a faction if they happened to have a last region which is their native region. For example as Iceni lately I can't subjugate Rome when their last region is Carthage (they have lost all Italy) but on another campaign as Parthia I subjugated Rome when they are only holding Velathri.

No
    It's like this. Half the map in this game is owned by WRE and ERE. Specific regions capitals or settlements like Macedonia or Egypt have "built-in" faction that will emerge as rebellions start. They have their own little roster of units, their own name, Egypt or Macedonia in this case. However, unlike in Rome 2, many other region just don't have unique factions like..Macedonia and Egypt. So it compensates for it by naming these settlement factions by calling them either WRE separatist or just roman separatist. So say that you capture the last settle that the separatist control currently, if you subjugate them, who will rebel in those non-unique settlements? In other words, they function nearly the same like the rebels did in the older games like ME2 and Rome 1.
    Veni, Vidi, Vici
    Julius Caesar

I written which city it was at starting of this thread - Constantinopolis

No
    It's like this. Half the map in this game is owned by WRE and ERE. Specific regions capitals or settlements like Macedonia or Egypt have "built-in" faction that will emerge as rebellions start. They have their own little roster of units, their own name, Egypt or Macedonia in this case. However, unlike in Rome 2, many other region just don't have unique factions like..Macedonia and Egypt. So it compensates for it by naming these settlement factions by calling them either WRE separatist or just roman separatist. So say that you capture the last settle that the separatist control currently, if you subjugate them, who will rebel in those non-unique settlements? In other words, they function nearly the same like the rebels did in the older games like ME2 and Rome 1.
    Separatists system was existed with R:TW BI first,,
    There is "Loyalty" trait too.. But only with Roman factions I guess, now all factions have it

So they are NOT called to be ordinary rebels -They not get to exist because of low Public order- , they are from ur family with low Loyalty, then they leave ur family and fight against you = "Hey you cant rule us well, we will rule ourselves as a new state"

This means they can emerge from anywhere on the map, depends where the General was before leave u, idk if this can happen when they are not Generals, some1 enlighten me pls in this,,

It's a Civil war, literally -also Devs called this Civil war as well, read about Loyalty in game-
    Similar to R2's civil war but only difference they wont spawn tons of stacks as soon as they emerge.

If Rebel comes to life with Public order problem, they will be called with a suffix "Rebels"
    Last edited by SharpEyed; March 22, 2015 at 03:48 AM.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Then possibly as an emergent faction you can't subjugate them.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Then possibly as an emergent faction you can't subjugate them.
    Yeah thats the last point we got, they should have removed the option from Diplomacy only.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast