Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Justinian campaign might be the big DLC coming this year

Biarchus

Default Justinian campaign might be the big DLC coming this year

I found the artist who made the Rome 2 and Attila artwork, and it seems every picture had something to do with the DLC's.

The Rome 2 load screens like the German with dried blood is titled Vercingoterix, and then there is the Romans marching with Ceaser. Those 2 screens obviusly foresaw the CiG dlc, then there is the blood and gore dlc and the Dacia free-lc. It too had a Rome 2 load screen of a Roman being speared in the face by some Dacians. Or the load screen of Teuta of Illyria, which ended up happening with the Pirates and Raiders dlc.

Well the Artist has this image

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I heard some people think he was Belisarius, but the artist listed the piece as Justinian the great for Total War Attila. So i think there is a huge chance that this will be the first dlc campaign

Default Re: Justinian campaign might be the big DLC coming this year

I might be completely wrong but didn't Belisarius work for Justinian I

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by the lightning legion View Post
    tbh, i don't know that much about either of them. I just saw that the picture was titled as Justinian the Great, and thought that the next campaign dlc would be about him.

Worked?! He served the great Emperor!
    "Patriotism is the last refuge o' Scoundrel."

-Samuel Johnson

I am pretty adamant the Belisarius was first known union member around Mediterranean Basin.

The Justinian campaign fits perfectly with the time scale, with the East trying to recover the lost West and succeeding... until the plague of Justinian came along.

Personally I'd prefer they went more into the future and start setting the scene for the prologue to MTW3. Apart from Justinian, the next big events in the Dark Ages are the rise of Islam...

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by the lightning legion View Post
    Belisarius was Justinians greatest general and did most of the work in reclaiming the empire.
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

I would like to see this campaign as well, it should be very interesting fighting with Belisarius around Mediterranean, political intrigue etc.
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Fanest View Post
    I would like to see this campaign as well, it should be very interesting fighting with Belisarius around Mediterranean, political intrigue etc.
    ...and of course, do not forget the big elephant in the room - the Sassanid Empire and Pals. There's no way a Justinian Era campaign would be enjoyable with Aria, Arran, Parthia, etc each sending 3-4 stacks against the Eastern Roman Empire.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Just adding my two cents, yep, a Justinian/Belisarius DLC would be logical, era-appropriate,...and awesome.

Somewhat overshadowed by the larger story of WRE Decline and Fall are the short-term achievements of Flavius Constantius and Flavius Aetius in the early and mid 5th century. Both leaders reclaimed substantial chunks of imperial territory during their tenures. The Roman/Visigoth reclamation of Spain, against the Vandals/Alans/Suebi, might be well-suited to a DLC campaign. The rise of Islam and early wars against ERE (or Byzantium, if you like), as earlier mentioned, is also a good idea.

Among non-WRE/ERE events, the war which erupted between the post-Attila Huns and their previous subordinate factions might be possible grounds for a DLC campaign. Another attractive scenario is the Saxon invasion of Britain. And although it might stretch the time period a bit, going into the early medieval era, the later confrontation between Danes and Anglo-Saxons might be do-able.

I read a book about Belisarius a year ago, his campaigns have everything an Attila DLC needs.

Playable factions? Check. The major factions of his time were Ostrogoths, Vandals, Franks, the Sassanid Empire and the Eastern Roman Empire.
    Dark Ages? Check. His conquest of Italy happened in the middle of the 6th century.
    Appropriate campaign map? Check. He battled enemies in North Africa, Italy, Mesopotamia and on the Danube.

If this doesn't become a DLC, I don't know what will.

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Telenil View Post
    I read a book about Belisarius a year ago, his campaigns have everything an Attila DLC needs.

Playable factions? Check. The major factions of his time were Ostrogoths, Vandals, Franks, the Sassanid Empire and the Eastern Roman Empire.
    Dark Ages? Check. His conquest of Italy happened in the middle of the 6th century.
    Appropriate campaign map? Check. He battled enemies in North Africa, Italy, Mesopotamia and on the Danube.

If this doesn't become a DLC, I don't know what will.

Dont forget the nomads in that time period - The Avars, The Bulgarians that raided the Balkans, The White and the Red Huns - The Sassanids in Baktria and installed Persian rulers at their wish. The slavs. that. started colonozking the balkans in the same rule of Justilian the 1st.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

I think I would buy it IF it still acted as a grand campaign with england and middle east.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Quote Originally Posted by Karnil Vark Khaitan View Post
    I think I would buy it IF it still acted as a grand campaign with england and middle east.
    middle east would be essential in this campaign as would whole Mediterranean area, while Britannia, Germania, Northern EU could be easily left out.

Detailed map of mentioned area would be very useful for many other modifications - like Ancient Greek mods - imagine colonizing desolated areas around Mediterranean etc. Even Crusading mods would fit perfectly on such map and many others.
    Last edited by Fanest; March 20, 2015 at 08:43 AM.
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Fanest View Post
    middle east would be essential in this campaign as would whole Mediterranean area, while Britannia, Germania, Northern EU could be easily left out.
    But I would love to still have those parts into that campaign :3
    I understand they aren't that relevant to the main campaign, but would love to see it as a second grand campaign.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

omg cut content, the concept art is already there guys

That's Belisarius. I see the resemblance

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenmenSS View Post
    Dont forget the nomads in that time period - The Avars, The Bulgarians that raided the Balkans, The White and the Red Huns - The Sassanids in Baktria and installed Persian rulers at their wish. The slavs. that. started colonozking the balkans in the same rule of Justilian the 1st.
    Is there a Bulgarian faction in Attila though? Or can a DLC add entirely new, playable factions for the campaign it adds?

Quote Originally Posted by Karnil Vark Khaitan View Post
    But I would love to still have those parts into that campaign :3
    I understand they aren't that relevant to the main campaign, but would love to see it as a second grand campaign.
    Could happen. Emperor Augustus covered about the same area as the Grand Campaign, even though none of the Triumvir had any interest in modern Poland or Denmark.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Telenil View Post
    Playable factions? Check. The major factions of his time were Ostrogoths, Vandals, Franks, the Sassanid Empire, the Eastern Roman Empire and Aksum.
    You forgot Aksum.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    ...and of course, do not forget the big elephant in the room - the Sassanid Empire and Pals. There's no way a Justinian Era campaign would be enjoyable with Aria, Arran, Parthia, etc each sending 3-4 stacks against the Eastern Roman Empire.
    Completely agree, I've focused fanatically on keeping peace with the Sassanid Empire for exactly that reason in my Attila campaigns. It works, if you send them enough tribute every few turns and make sure each of their vassal states also likes you (more tribute). But every time I hit end turn, its nerve wracking, because if the Sassanids declare war I will immediately have to quit and go back to the last saved game and try again.

I'd prefer to have seen the Sassanids implemented in exactly the same way as the ERE.

RE the topic of this thread, a Justinian campaign, I have been longing to see that ever since Rome TW Barbarian Invasion came out in 2005. It would be my dream come true! In Attila I have attempted to reconquer North Africa with varying degrees of success. In my current campaign I can't proceed further than Tripolitania because the western empire still holds the adjacent settlements. I have been waiting for them to lose those lands to barbarians so that I can conquer them, but I am losing patience. I am actually starting to consider betraying my ally and just attacking them anyway, as otherwise I'll never be able to progress! In a previous campaign I got as far as capturing Carthage, but progressed no further due to waves of barbarian counter attacks and then the Sassanids declared war (game over).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast