Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Battlefront

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Star Wars: Battlefront

Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; April 17, 2015 at 12:49 PM.

Default Re: Star Wars: Battlefront

This battlefield reskin will be worth it, because the reskin is awesome!

This is the first topic on this game? Wow...looking forward to it though. ^^
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I know. I"m hoping there will be clone wars included, but word is that it's only galactic civil war.

The SP campaign will stretch from the prequel trilogy to some time shortly before the new movie.
    This might mean the entire Clone Wars are in, or just the timeline after Order 66 or something like that.

And if they are focusing on one of those wars, I'd definitely prefer the Civil War.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Problem is that the Galactic civil war had like three major battles: Hoth, Yavin, and Endor. Unless you go into the old EU, which they probably won't, and even then most of those Battles are after the movies with Thrawn and Palpatine's Clones.

(I would kill to have the Katana Fleet battle in Battlefront though, that would be awesome).

Star Wars Rebels probably fills up some of that and in the original trilogy they hint at several events taking place between the movies or paralell to the plot.

Also they are not entirely dismissing the EU, as you can read here: http://screenrant.com/star-wars-stor...nded-universe/

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

I heavily expect DLC out the butt for this one. EA knows that casual gamers love shooters, and that even more people love Star Wars. They won't miss a chance to nickel and dime everyone to death.

Since the campaign leads up to the events of the force awakens and they don't want to spoil anything from the movie, I guess, there will at least be a DLC to add everything from that movie. Perhaps there will be a Clone Wars DLC, too.
    But the good thing about EA is that they offer a season pass. You can spend 45€ to get DLC, which will individually cost at least 60€.

Still worse than the old addon policies, but better than the DLC whoring used by many other publishers. *cough*CA/Sega*cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    Problem is that the Galactic civil war had like three major battles: Hoth, Yavin, and Endor.
    Why is that a problem? Realistically a battle or two could yield multiple maps of various types within the same 'campaign' or what have you.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Also they are not entirely dismissing the EU, as you can read here: http://screenrant.com/star-wars-stor...nded-universe/
    Yeah I understand that. They have kept some of it: the Darth Bane Novels were declared canon last year by Disney, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    I heavily expect DLC out the butt for this one. EA knows that casual gamers love shooters, and that even more people love Star Wars. They won't miss a chance to nickel and dime everyone to death.
    With EA I always expect an unfinished product due to deadlines that they try to make up for with half-assed DLC.

That being said, Shadow of Revan was actually pretty good for DLC though.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    Why is that a problem? Realistically a battle or two could yield multiple maps of various types within the same 'campaign' or what have you.
    They did this in Battlefront 1 and 2. E.g. there were two Rhen Var, Two Naboo, and two Bespin maps.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Dice can make battlemaps for any proposed battle site. I dont think they would limit themselves to those three major battles. Besides BF1 had jabbas' hut.

Hopefully, we get some good urban maps. I am sure we will.

Yes...the three battles shown in the movies don't restrict them in the game.
    The first two Battlefront games weren't restricted to movie battles only either.

Comes Domesticorum

I was hoping there would be more stuff from the Clone Wars simply because I like the look and feel of things better then.

And hopefully no lightsaber-wielders.

I think a more robust mix of space battles with infantry boarding and taking ships would be cool like they did in BF2.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

I would have released of dlcs too. Millions of sheep out there want to spend money for no reason.
    Last edited by gastovski; March 22, 2015 at 12:14 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    I was hoping there would be more stuff from the Clone Wars simply because I like the look and feel of things better then.

And hopefully no lightsaber-wielders.
    I dunno, I kind of liked the original Battlefront where the only way to kill them was to knock them off the edge of Bespin

I do like the Clone Wars better than the Galactic Civil war, but that's cause I love the Clones. They're awesome.

I would also like to see a KOTOR-era version. Starforge Space Battle would be epic, there were like thousands of ships. Not to mention the TOR-era battles, like Maelstrom Prison, the Foundry, Corellia, Assault on Dromund Kaas, Korriban, Tython, and the Battle of Rishi against Revan. Some of those would make great Space Battles,

I think a more robust mix of space battles with infantry boarding and taking ships would be cool like they did in BF2.
    Agreed. They tried to do Ground-to-Space in one of the later ones (maybe Elite Squadron or something) but I don't think it worked out.

I am really glad that it's being released on PC, I'm sick of every game I want being only for the next gen Consoles. Screw consoles.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; March 22, 2015 at 01:24 PM.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Dice could make a whole series out of this.

Alternate between releasing battlefield in one year and battlefront the next so there would be two years between each titles sequel. If they stretch it long enough they could cover every era in its own game.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    I dunno, I kind of liked the original Battlefront where the only way to kill them was to knock them off the edge of Bespin
    Dunno. I remember a couple of occasions seeing the heroes die. Apparently it would happen automatically after their teams tickets ran low but I recall seeing Darth Vader taken out by a sniper. It's a pretty vivid memory considering he was mid swing on me.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    Dunno. I remember a couple of occasions seeing the heroes die. Apparently it would happen automatically after their teams tickets ran low but I recall seeing Darth Vader taken out by a sniper. It's a pretty vivid memory considering he was mid swing on me.
    It was difficult but not impossible to take them out conventionally.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast