Thread: how to bribe genrals sucessfully

Default how to bribe genrals sucessfully

Hi there iam currently playing a Cao Cao clan campaign and i have tryed to bribe certain charcters but to no sucess i have tryed console commands to add the 2 traits for 40% chance to bribe and adding alot of money and always iam just rejected, is is possible to ethier console command to get genral to switch to my faction or could i add a new trait which would have 100% chance of sucessful bribe and then pay for them fairly.

The reason iam wanting to do this is because iam roleplaying a wei historical campaign and have sucessfuly bribed sevral genrals such as zhang liao and some liuo buio officers that joined Cao Cao but there are 2 genrals i cant bribe which are zhang he and pang de(i think pang de is a faction retainer is it possible to bribe those charcaters?) note i stared playing this last year so i dont know if those genrals join cao cao when you beat Yuan Shao or Ma family respectively, and it triggers but iam come so far and dont really want to restart since i have done it on very hard and have control of central plains.

Iif someone could help me or tell me how i could get those charcters to join my faction i will be very happy, there loyalty is extremely high for genrals who defected to cao cao histroicaly is there anyway i could earn these genrals. i have tryed using cheats such as ones previously mentionted but iam prepared to take the hit on my treasury for these genrals if i could bribe them. i think this would be great feature for this mod and dont really say it would be game breaking since iam fighting like 20 yuan shao stacks and wu have close to 40. (note this is before the patch with limted recuitment) iam enjoying the challnege but would love to have these two genrals in my faction.

sorry for such a long post thank you to anyone how took the time to read this and is prepared to offer any help or advice on this subject.
    Last edited by goblinking; March 19, 2015 at 04:13 PM.

Default Re: how to bribe genrals sucessfully

usally i just try again and again until they say yess but have no other idea on how to do it

If your diplomat has 10 Influence, that should help. However, some generals are extremely hard to bribe and require a treasury of millions. I remember this being discussed when someone was trying to bribe El Cid.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-El-Cid-in-6-3

yeah you were right needed alot of cash to bribe i gave him the 40%chance of bribe and 10 influence and then i think it was around 200 million for pang de but was worth it although wouldnt be possible without cheats. I tryed to get zhang he but he retreated to capitail and so cant be bribed. I thought he would become rebel when I took out yuans last family member but he was gone although regular armies in the field stayed and can be bribed for a more reasonalbe some of money. I think full stacks join for like 60,000,also i think bribe chances are decreased when faction leader has high authority it a real shame the bribe system appears to be broken for high ranking genrals but thats just game engine and to help ai keep there decent genrals. I looked into force diplomancy mod/cheat but i dont think it works with bribes anyway these are my findings.

actually if you happen to find a general you want along with a lower loyalty officer say, one of the xilang knight, that has ma tie not as the leading commander it will be based on the first officer loyalty. other than that u need level 10 diplomat, i never had to hire a general up in the millions? hundred thousand at most and that with a lot of troops

Quote Originally Posted by cheesegrader View Post
    actually if you happen to find a general you want along with a lower loyalty officer say, one of the xilang knight, that has ma tie not as the leading commander it will be based on the first officer loyalty. other than that u need level 10 diplomat, i never had to hire a general up in the millions? hundred thousand at most and that with a lot of troops
    yeah mabye iam mistaken it was probbaly abouit 60000 but i think it may be they ask of a certain percentage of treasury the higher the better or i was extremely lucky with the accpetance but it took so long as he had high loyalty which counters bribery percentage. I find this mechanic very interesting and am happy that people have shared their experiences. I was wondering if mechanic was broken as it seemed impossible at the time. it did require the 40% chance of sucess and level 10 influence though. Iam not sure how to level diplomants farily aka without cheats. The best i could get was mabye 6 influnce from like 6 trade agreements not sure how I would get the bribery traits mabye start with captains to level diplomat.

Quote Originally Posted by goblinking View Post
    yeah mabye iam mistaken it was probbaly abouit 60000 but i think it may be they ask of a certain percentage of treasury the higher the better or i was extremely lucky with the accpetance but it took so long as he had high loyalty which counters bribery percentage. I find this mechanic very interesting and am happy that people have shared their experiences. I was wondering if mechanic was broken as it seemed impossible at the time. it did require the 40% chance of sucess and level 10 influence though. Iam not sure how to level diplomants farily aka without cheats. The best i could get was mabye 6 influnce from like 6 trade agreements not sure how I would get the bribery traits mabye start with captains to level diplomat.
    here my solution, money was never a issue for me, since rather then concentrate on military 75% except fronts are towns mainly farming money. i bribe a lot of armies to get high level diplomat, but the hard part is if ur diplomat fails, they tend to lose a star. 9/10 odds are like 100% fail. its a good and bad thing since not alway do generals u want stay outside of cities after a while i noticed no more enemies general out in the fields and mainly all captains which sucks so i check if i can find rebel generals but even at 0 loyalty rebel general are hard to recruit

Hey So after much work, I finally lured Zhao Yun out of the town he was in, still couldnt bribe with 300,000 in bank, killed the troops he was commanding, so his stack was much smaller, still couldnt bribe ( diplomat has +40% success boost, and another 10% from another stat) i use cheat engine, give myself way too much money, he retreats, finally chase him down and i bribe him for 7,000 Yen or whatever..... 7,000? i dont get it at all, he has 9/10 loyalty btw.

Also now hes ghostly white in battle, and lost his custom skin on campaign map... did this happen to you guys too?
    Sorry if this is resurrecting and ancient thread, but its relevant.