Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Patch Announced for Next Week!

Default Re: New Patch Announced for Next Week!

Technically speaking this is already sort of happening via moding in my opinion.

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Fanest View Post
    shame that there is no fix for attacking testudo, well another time then
    what's wrong with it?
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
    what's wrong with it?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw0yPUmpVm4

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Religious aversion towards pagans by a Christian faction is the same as that towards another denomination of Christianity. I suggest that might be changed.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

There is a lot Hidden fixes/updates guys that we have to figure out ourselves..
    So be patient

Quote Originally Posted by Kjertesvein View Post
    It was my impression that using attacking testudo in that manner was using it incorrectly. I mostly play as barbarians but when I use testudo I use it while advancing towards the enemy. It serves as defense against the archers/skirmishers kill zone.
    Using it to withhold an enemy charge just seems foolish to me. This was just going by the posture of the soldiers; they just did not look well braced.

Ecthelion's Avatar Great Ramen Connoisseur

Not nearly enough.

The "Germanic Nobles" General unit still has less melee attack than Germanic Levy.

And you still have the bizarre regression where you can't pick your general's commander unit type. It's absolutely asinine that you can't get Comes until well into the mid-game.
    This is my signature. Isn't it awesome?

So, it says it brings many performance, technical and gameplay improvements. But under "Technical and Performance improvements" it says nothing about performance improvements, it's mostly crash fixes and 1080p support for 27'' Mac...

My question is then, how long must we wait for a true performance patch? It's been over a month and I still can't fully enjoy the game I paid for because the framerate is below 30 even on low settings! Not to mention the slideshow battles whenever there are more than 2 stacks present...

Quote Originally Posted by Neige Noire View Post
    So, it says it brings many performance, technical and gameplay improvements. But under "Technical and Performance improvements" it says nothing about performance improvements, it's mostly crash fixes and 1080p support for 27'' Mac...

My question is then, how long must we wait for a true performance patch? It's been over a month and I still can't fully enjoy the game I paid for because the framerate is below 30 even on low settings! Not to mention the slideshow battles whenever there are more than 2 stacks present...
    Not sure if I'm being helpful here but with "low settings" did you mean unit scale was small? According to my own experience, lowering unit scale is one of the most efficient way to increase the game's performance.

Lowering units size helps of course, but I still can't get 30+ when I zoom into the thick of action. I mean, sure I can spend most of my time from the bird's eye view and never zoom down, but I don't find that very enjoyable.

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The addition I care most about... Turn on the Steam Workshop already! So many things need tweaking (great power, diplomacy, deteriorating fertility, more units of "non-Germanic" decent, Sassanid satrapies, agents (heavily nerfed or removed), etc.) and the mod forum is just a mess with all those request threads.

I want to get my ERE campaign going again, but I can't stand those 5-8 overpowered agents on my borders with the Sassanids and their overpowered satrapies...
    Last edited by Aeneas Veneratio; March 24, 2015 at 09:10 AM.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerius View Post
    Religious aversion towards pagans by a Christian faction is the same as that towards another denomination of Christianity. I suggest that might be changed.
    Not that it NEVER happened historically, right?

However, I feel Greek Christian and Latin Christian should not suffer the malus.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Aeneas Veneratio View Post
    The addition I care most about... Turn on the Steam Workshop already! So many things need tweaking (great power, diplomacy, deteriorating fertility, more units of "non-Germanic" decent, Sassanid satrapies, agents (heavily nerfed or removed), etc.) and the mod forum is just a mess with all those request threads.

I want to get my ERE campaign going again, but I can't stand those 5-8 overpowered agents on my borders with the Sassanids and their overpowered satrapies...
    Steam modding is bad news and only likely to get worse when Steam starts encouraging people to pay for mods. It`ll probably kill modding for good too. Something I won`t be forced by steam to do. If i think a mod is good I`ll donate if I wish on their website, not through Steam.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

I totally agree. I honestly think that it's pretty cool that CA has announced/released 4 DLC over the course of a month. In retrospective, it kinda sucked having to wait 1.5 years in order to play as Massalia and Cimmeria in Rome 2. Now that some of the more obvious issues (Celts, Blood and Gore, etc) have been taken care of, CA can now focus on perfecting the game by focusing on less "popular" cultures (Slavs, Sarmatians, etc) and most importantly - fixing the game's horrendeous CAI. Attila is currently in a very bad state, but has the potential to becoming an amazing game.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

when is the next patch/ i wanna play ostgoths bu havin the huns chase me to brit is kinda silly

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    Steam modding is bad news and only likely to get worse when Steam starts encouraging people to pay for mods. It`ll probably kill modding for good too. Something I won`t be forced by steam to do. If i think a mod is good I`ll donate if I wish on their website, not through Steam.
    None of that is likely to happen, you are going off the deep end with nothing, but your own unfounded fear.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

None of that is likely to happen, you are going off the deep end with nothing, but your own unfounded fear.
    As a modder, it would be nice, but there are so many legal things which hider that idea.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    I totally agree. I honestly think that it's pretty cool that CA has announced/released 4 DLC over the course of a month. In retrospective, it kinda sucked having to wait 1.5 years in order to play as Massalia and Cimmeria in Rome 2. Now that some of the more obvious issues (Celts, Blood and Gore, etc) have been taken care of, CA can now focus on perfecting the game by focusing on less "popular" cultures (Slavs, Sarmatians, etc) and most importantly - fixing the game's horrendeous CAI. Attila is currently in a very bad state, but has the potential to becoming an amazing game.
    And North Africans. I need the option to play the Maurians, Garamantians and Gaetulians. It's not a desire, but a need now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordreaven View Post
    And North Africans. I need the option to play the Maurians, Garamantians and Gaetulians. It's not a desire, but a need now.
    You know how old saying goes: The resources are finite but needs are endless.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123