Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Celtic DLC announced

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Celtic DLC announced

Mediocre models and a refined Rome II-look for barely authentic factions.

Wahay.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Sweet!! I don't have to make Celtic units for my mod

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heišinn Vešr: Total War

I'd just like to add my voice of disgust to the others around here.

- Why not release the Blood and Gore pack with this completely un-notable DLC? It's massively detracting from the experience we all associate with TW games.

- Why make a big announcement like you're doing us a favour when all you've done is sell us some content meant for the original game?

- Why would you charge people for stuff that belongs in the main campaign?

- Why would you not use DLC to score points with your fan base, eg. new campaigns and substantial content rather than ripping them off?

Also - I put around 300+ hours into a Grand Campaign. Very rarely do I play more than one or two Grand Campaigns for each TW game. And yet every time a new faction DLC comes out, I won't experience it because I'm already hundreds of hours into a campaign, why would I want to sacrifice all that just so I can use some content that SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE ORIGINAL GAME?
    Last edited by barry12; March 17, 2015 at 11:31 AM.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Its fascinating how a company get hated to death for their patch and dlc policy but still hold on it, totaly ignoring the s--tstorm. Well i guess thats because CA knows that most haters are pussies who whine and still buy the dlc's.

Remember that even if you do not buy this DLC, you will encounter them on campaign map, and will not encounter "nordic" units anymore fielded by celts So what's the problem?
    How many times someone guessed wrong about my nationality: 3
    Where do I not come from: Czech Republic, US, South America, Former Colony, Germany, Austria, Switzerland

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Zwirbaum View Post
    Remember that even if you do not buy this DLC, you will encounter them on campaign map, and will not encounter "nordic" units anymore fielded by celts So what's the problem?
    Yes nobody is forcing you to purchase the DLC. If you don't care to play the Celts, then don't worry about it.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskin View Post
    Hopefully they will do a sale where for the first week the DLC is free, like they did with the Nomads pack in Rome 2.

Also look on the bright side at least its not Crusader Kings 2 with $194(131 Pounds 182 Euros) of DLC and without many of the DLC nearly two thirds of features in the game remain locked off.
    http://store.steampowered.com/dlc/203770/

This is what the masses oftenly misunderstood paradox's business strategies. Most of their DLC's are cosmetics and soundtracks, which is fair because some people wouldn't prefer a certain DLC so they will be given an option to buy or not to buy the DLC. Also, since when did paradox cuts out factions in their games?

You have done it again Jack, bravo.
    Last edited by Garensterz; March 17, 2015 at 11:41 AM.

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Wow, just... wow. I was going to get Attila eventually when it was dirt cheap but now I'm not going to even bother. This is DLC whoring at its worse and it is destroying CA from inside out. Put Total War out of its misery and start a new game series please, one that proper fans can enjoy (compare EA's SimCity to Paradox's recent Cities in Motion for a perfect example)

On perhaps another note I've been informed that to get proper Celts in the game you need this DLC or else you just get reskinned Germans. So people paid full retail price for Attila for placeholder factions and units. It's disgusting
    Last edited by Dynamo11; March 17, 2015 at 11:40 AM.

spiderknight's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by barry12 View Post
    I'd just like to add my voice of disgust to the others around here.

Why not release the Blood and Gore pack with this completely un-notable DLC? It's massively detracting from the experience we all associate with TW games.

Why make a big announcement like you're doing us a favour when all you've done is sell us some content meant for the original game?

Why would you charge people for stuff that belongs in the main campaign?

Why would you not use DLC to score points with your fan base, eg. new campaigns and substantial content rather than ripping them off?
    Ya the dlc wouldnt even be that bad if CA put some effort into it and looked like they were. These faction packs are just lazy....they should already be in the game but instead of CA thinking of new game features or what not as dlc, they go for the easy cut content cash grab.

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Zwirbaum View Post
    Fairly certain the units will only be available if you purchase the DLC. Disable the Viking Forfathers DLC and you wouldn't have their units either.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    Most of their DLC's are cosmetics and soundtracks, which is fair because some people wouldn't prefer a certain DLC so they will be given an option to buy or not to buy the DLC. Also, since when did paradox cuts out factions in their games?

You have done it again Jack, bravo.
    cosmetic and music that should included with the bigger DLCs, not cut out for petty profit.

As I've said in the past
    Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatiRex View Post
    Paradox has consistently released buggy, unbalanced games and DLC (*Ahem* Charlemagne), and treats their community terribly (I think it was Johan who at one point, when asked why EUIV's balance was based off of MP and not SP, told SP players to go screw themselves).

And if you want to talk EUIV, the base game is 40 bucks, plus $117.23 worth of DLC (CKII is $39.99 plus $194.49 worth of DLC). The aforementioned save convertor still hasn't been updated for all the new map provinces and cultures in CKII and EUIV. Yet Paradox still has the gall to sell it for ten bucks. Not to mention, the American Dream DLC for EUIV is literally just stuff ripped from EU2 and given a $4.99 price tag. Res Publica was ripped out of Wealth of Nations, and they're charging $4.99 for that. Paradox is absolutely terrible when it comes to DLC policy, far worse than CA/SEGA.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Paradox's Grand Strategy games (and unabashedly own all of that DLC I mentioned) and Total War, but to hold Paradox up as some flawless company, especially when they've done some slimy things as I mentioned, is ridiculous.
    The only thing that might of changed is iirc they're working on updating the save convertor.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

How long does a game have to be out before people will not consider DLC cut content? Should they wait until next year when nobody is playing anymore?
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesīr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by NostalgiaFan View Post
    Because everyone wanted this DLC am I right? Its not like only a few people simply thought this was going to happen based on predictions of cut content and Knew it was going to happen but did not want it to happen.

Quit parading yourself as the one sane man in a sea of illogical people, its pretentious and annoying.
    So what gave you the statistic to say that only a "few people" thought this DLC was going to happen. How do you know that? I based what I have written on what I have seen on this forum and on the official TW forum. The only thing pretentious and annoying is your way of portraying me as an elitist.
    It's gotta be a Chocolate Jesus to keep me satisfied.

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    How long does a game have to be out before people will not consider DLC cut content? Should they wait until next year when nobody is playing anymore?
    This is less to do with the proximity to the games release but the suspicious absence of Celtic nations who were given German placeholders in a rather lazy attempt to atleast give them a presence. Not only that but I recall certain files were found to do with Celts after release. These were factions that should have been in the game from Day One and somewhere an Exec decided to cut it to sell as DLC and skim some of the profit over the top

This hole DLC thing has been a major sadness for day one....
    Why can't they just stop and try to build some kind of reputation...
    Thanks SEGA...

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tranquilizer View Post
    This hole DLC thing has been a major sadness for day one....
    Why can't they just stop and try to build some kind of reputation...
    Thanks SEGA...
    Well, they are building a reputation.

As a company that puts out a lot of DLC

I'm saddened by the suspicious lack of FLC as of late.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Epic28's Avatar Senator

I don't care about what other companies do in comparison to CA and the TW series. I'm looking at what is going on right here with this game and its beyond unreasonable.

CA is now releasing games where a specific faction doesn't even have units relating to its culture in the faction roster, just copied over from another cultures roster. And within a month they are charging their consumers for access to utilize these units in SP and MP.

This is basically releasing Rome 2 with only Pre-Marian Roman units available, then charging 3 weeks after release for the units following the reforms.

Be careful CA. Making a game like TW isn't impossible. At this point I'm waiting for you guys to be "Cities: Skylines-ed".
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

Libertus

The amount of whining in this thread is absolutely incredible, nobody is forcing you to buy this DLC! You will still encounter the new units during campaign battles w/o purchasing it and the new models will also be freely available to modders (and yes those models in the past have been used for mods, i didn't see anyone complaining about DLC then). You only have to PURCHASE it if you want to actually play as one of these factions. All I've seen on this forum is (justified) complaints about the awful celtic unit roster, this DLC is announced to remedy that and SOMEHOW it produces even more complaints!? Where's the logic?
    Last edited by Shaggy_711; March 17, 2015 at 12:01 PM.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatiRex View Post
    cosmetic and music that should included with the bigger DLCs, not cut out for petty profit.

As I've said in the past

The only thing that might of changed is iirc they're working on updating the save convertor.
    To answer on your first sentence. Well I haven't own and played CKII so I wouldn't discuss anymore on that argument. As I based everything on EUIV.

When you said Paradox treats their fans terribly and telling one of their fans to screw off, isn't that a bit exaggerated? I actually watched that video recently when one fan asked that question. It actually ended that johan (yes you were right) didn't manage to frankly answer the question and ended up the question being passed by one of the devs of EUIV to answer it(dont remember what he said).
    Last edited by Garensterz; March 17, 2015 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy_711 View Post
    The amount of whining in this thread is absolutely incredible, nobody is forcing you to buy this DLC! You will still encounter the new units during campaign battles w/o purchasing it and the new models will also be freely available to modders. You only have to PURCHASE it if you want to actually play as one of these factions. All I've seen on this forum is (justified) complaints about the awful celtic unit roster, this DLC is announced to remedy that and SOMEHOW it produces even more complaints!? Where's the logic?
    Well said.
    It's gotta be a Chocolate Jesus to keep me satisfied.