Thread: Longer Lasting Roman Empires

Kraut and Tea's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Longer Lasting Roman Empires

By doubling the Garrisions and increasing a few traits of the ERE this mod makes it possible for the two Roman empires to last longer.

Download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n1...ng_Romans.pack

In my test campaigns so far the ERE is a bullwark that remains strong and well defended for most of the time.

The WRE manages to shortly fend off some initial attacks, but despite this mod, it`s collapse is not avoidable and will happen under AI control. It simply happens alot slower.

I am still trying to figure out if this mod had to much negative side effects for AI controlled migrators. But I dont think so.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Default Re: Longer Lasting Roman Empires

Combine your mods to one small overhaul I say

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

aha! i gotta try this one, sadly Ai is especially bad with Roman empires, otherwise with a mod like Radious they should have survived much longer.

Anyway, thanks

Edit : For the ones wanna use this with other mod/s, put _ before its name. So it will overwrite others.
    Last edited by SharpEyed; March 16, 2015 at 08:04 PM.

I might have to change it a bit.

Managed to beat a Visigoth campaign, but it seems as if I managed to make the Vandals and Ostrogoths almoust impossibly hard to beat even on easy difficulty.

Also it seems that another side effect of this mod is that the AI cant handle it and therefor all migrator factions die off one after another by turn 60.

Quote Originally Posted by The Germans are coming View Post
    I might have to change it a bit.

Managed to beat a Visigoth campaign, but it seems as if I managed to make the Vandals and Ostrogoths almoust impossibly hard to beat even on easy difficulty.

Also it seems that another side effect of this mod is that the AI cant handle it and therefor all migrator factions die off one after another by turn 60.
    hmm, i couldnt get to try it yet, but i wanna try with already started game -if works- , Visigoths/Ostrogoths/Alans etc already settled in Roman soil, and Romans going down fast (not even 400 AD, but close)

So if works it wont be unbalanced i guess

hmm.. now I got a chance to look..

so u changed Features of Roman empires, as u said, but no addition to WRE?

with ur mod

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Total War  Attila 2015-3-17-14-18-56-708.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	286.4 KB 
ID:	322935Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Total War  Attila 2015-3-17-14-18-45-320.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	279.6 KB 
ID:	322936

with Radious'

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Total War  Attila 2015-3-17-14-23-24-104.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	287.6 KB 
ID:	322937Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Total War  Attila 2015-3-17-14-23-13-735.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	289.9 KB 
ID:	322938Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Total War  Attila 2015-3-17-14-23-7-752.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	282.3 KB 
ID:	322939

He also increased the Garrions (idk how much) and changed traits too, but not enough to make them stay alive :/
    PS: now im using vanilla imperium, so army limit cap is less than Radious'

I caused a weird bug....

For some reason the WRE can no longer issue edicts. I will have to figure out what went wrong there and fix it. Other than that the desired effect is there. Especialy Italy is not a bullwark since one of it`s settlements has an almoust full stack garrision. A small border settlement in gaul also has an almoust full stack garrision. And it is a joy to observe the AI as it choses paths arround those settlements.

For the ERE my mod has the desired effect mainly because of the income boost I gave them. I also use another mod that decreases the great power penalty on diplomacy. All of these combined have the desired effect of the ERE lasting very long. I actualy have yet to see it collapse in one of my campaigns. In my current Vandals campaign the ERE is actualy so well off that it sends armies into Italy and the Balkans to help out the WRE. One effect this mod has and which i really like is that the Visigoths almoust always leave the Blakans within 5-10 turns and head for the lands of the WRE.

I caused a weird bug....

For some reason the WRE can no longer issue edicts. I will have to figure out what went wrong there and fix it. Other than that the desired effect is there. Especialy Italy is not a bullwark since one of it`s settlements has an almoust full stack garrision. A small border settlement in gaul also has an almoust full stack garrision. And it is a joy to observe the AI as it choses paths arround those settlements.

For the ERE my mod has the desired effect mainly because of the income boost I gave them. I also use another mod that decreases the great power penalty on diplomacy. All of these combined have the desired effect of the ERE lasting very long. I actualy have yet to see it collapse in one of my campaigns. In my current Vandals campaign the ERE is actualy so well off that it sends armies into Italy and the Balkans to help out the WRE. One effect this mod has and which i really like is that the Visigoths almoust always leave the Blakans within 5-10 turns and head for the lands of the WRE.
    Hmm well i shall wait till u fix the bug/s or problem/s , and maybe a bit more balance.

Problem is the AI with the big empires, it has enough armies at start (after replenishment at least) , and very good income -with Radious- and now less Great power effect, but AI is playing dumb -especially as WRE- , i've seen their armies was wandering around out of their border instead protecting/saving their cities from sieges or sth like that, they (i mean AI) just send them to die..

And actually some hordes should have been friends with Romans for a while at least, to be more historical..

Btw I think u can use the bonus -the ones in photo- effects of WRE which Radious gave to them, not much but still

Anyway I will be on follow, good luck
    Last edited by SharpEyed; March 17, 2015 at 08:04 AM.

By doubling the Garrisions and increasing a few traits of the ERE this mod makes it possible for the two Roman empires to last longer.

Download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n1...ng_Romans.pack

In my test campaigns so far the ERE is a bullwark that remains strong and well defended for most of the time.

The WRE manages to shortly fend off some initial attacks, but despite this mod, it`s collapse is not avoidable and will happen under AI control. It simply happens alot slower.

I am still trying to figure out if this mod had to much negative side effects for AI controlled migrators. But I dont think so.
    Is there any other link we can download this file from? My software and mediafire don't exactly get along. File refuses to download properly

I am having a bit of a problem here. Ca seemd to have improved the survival chance of the WRE and ERE with the latest patch, so I am not sure if i should update it.

What about making the ERE stronger as the Sassanids? i really want to see a serious of clashes over Armenia and Osroena, or atleast having the ERE winning more often. more chances WRE should fall anyway i think

Quote Originally Posted by stalker33 View Post
    What about making the ERE stronger as the Sassanids? i really want to see a serious of clashes over Armenia and Osroena, or atleast having the ERE winning more often. more chances WRE should fall anyway i think
    in reality Armenia should have been ERE's puppet, and Sassanid's puppets should have had much less love to it and would betray some time (maybe this could be modded?), but they wouldnt do it in this system, unless u are playing as Sassanids i guess?!

Quote Originally Posted by Valku View Post
    Is there any other link we can download this file from? My software and mediafire don't exactly get along. File refuses to download properly
    There is a solution for this, use Zenmate (chrome extension, and its totally safe) and change ur country for a moment, then u can disable it when u see fit.
    Last edited by SharpEyed; March 29, 2015 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stalker33 View Post
    Unfortunatly I believe you have to wait until Armenia are made playable as a faction by CA.

mod does not seem to work while having radious enabled, i am usiong mitch's mod manager so i can set the load sequence, with this on the top, when i look at buildings it says that there should be x amount of soliders however when i look at the garrison those soldiers are not there.....

Hey thanks a lot for this mod. I've tried this in the last few days playing as WRE but for some reason I can't use forced march stance, I mean the option is there but when I try to move any army in forced stance, movement points are the same as the normal stance. Is it a bug? I'm running the game as vanilla, your mod is the only one i have enabled.

Yeah I havent updated the mod yet.

But I will once the steam workshop is up and running.