Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [RS all] - Quintillius' Enhanced UI graphics [v4.3]

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [RS all] - Quintillius' Enhanced UI graphics [v4.0]

Great job Q as allways, thanks again!

Is the latest version (4.0) compatible with RS 2.6?

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: GRANTOZ DARTH EXTREME AI FOR RS 2.6 version 2 with 4TPY and SHORTER BATTLES OPTIONS

You may have already noticed this, but Version 4 isn't 'exactly' compatible with RSIII because of this:

I changed the RSII to RSIII at the top of the loading screens.

Anyway, I'll endeavor to get this into the reworked RSIII Upgrade. Nice work my friend.
    Last edited by dvk901; May 08, 2016 at 11:21 AM.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Haha I noticed it wasn't really compatible indeed. But I reinstalled my submod after installing RSIII so I also didn't notice that you changed every screen. Really nice! I was trying myself to add an extra I, but that's not doable. If you ever need, I'll be willing to give the original Photoshop files so you can edit/make more stuff.

Psshh... I also added some shadow to the loyalty icons so they're even better visible now.

Please do not hesitate to suggest something. I am always eagerly to improve where I can.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Quintillius View Post
    As we all know Rome I - Total War is dated. Thanks to the Roma Surrectum team it has a lively modding community and tries to improve
    it's gameplay and textures. But one thing did annoy me. The UI (= user interface) textures. So I've decided to make a submod of my own.
    During the progress I've tried to come close to the original Rome/RS textures to keep the immersion.

List of Features

[v1.0]
    - Replaced ugly building icons for Romans with new models
    - Replaced/edited all building cards for Romans (pictures above description)
    - Completely new world and battle UI (notice the small icons, every detail is changed)
    - New texture for scroll
    - New main menu background

[v2.0]
    - 39 new high quality loading screens with famous quotes game hints and astonishing historical facts

[v3.0]
    - New UI textures for all cultures
    - Replaced ugly building icons for Greeks
    - Replaced tax building icons for all cultures
    - Replaced missing improved Roman texture
    - Replaced black UI arrows by improved golden ones as requested many times

[v3.1]
    - Added missing texture for loyalty icons
    - Replaced diplomacy icon texture with better one
    - Edited influence icon texture

[v4.0]
    - Newly improved battle & campaign UI for Romans
    - Removed main menu background, because RSIII background is better
    - Submod is compatible with new Athens (RSIII) faction now
    - Added new (red) buttons (Romans only for now)

Screenshots

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

How to Install

Copy the contents of the .rar file to ...\Rome - Total War\.
    It must overwrite files, click yes to continue.

Funny fact: it's savegame compatible! All I did is replacing textures, so it
    is savegame compatible. It should work for all versions and mods of RS, including future ones.

Download Link [ 118 MB | July 26th, 2015 ] (savegame compatible)

Dropbox

Future Plans

x Replace building models (abandonded: learning curve too great)
    - Replace portraits
    - Replace building icons of most cultures

Have fun and don't forget to thank me if you like it!
    @Quintillius, so which of the updates above are not automatically included in RSIII beta?

The UI graphics for Romans both for campaign and battle aren't included. But I have a reworked version that's gonna be in v3.1 I believe =).
    Dvk didn't also include UI additions such as (red) buttons, green leaves around queues and most important: scroll texture which I believe is a significant improvement over old scroll texture .
    I am currently requesting what can be improved so all content can be included for next update.

For all people here on TWCenter: please stop quoting large posts from previous messages or atleast put a "(...)" if the text is longer than 50 words or so. Thank you .

[v4.1]
    - Corrected small faction icons for special campaigns as reported by dvk
    - New event cards for Greeks
    - Loyalty icons are better recognisable now (added shadows)

---

[v4.2]
    - Revised 11 loading screens (added new quoation, tips and corrected typos)

Hopefully this is the last update before everything is implemented in RSIII .

Patrician

Default Re: [RS all] - Quintillius' Enhanced UI graphics [v4.1]

Downloaded 4.1 and will check it out and put it in the finalized version of RSIII. Couple things you should know that are a problem...not with your stuff, but with RS2.5 and III.

Battlepage_01 and sharedpage_01 were originally put in the mod_0.pak (Roman UI folder) when RS was created because it was necessary in order to override the RTW files in the patch_0.pak. Otherwise, those two files could never get changed.
    So ever since, if one of those is changed, I have to put it in mod_0.pak.

I will do so in the updated version of RSIII (which will include a number of corrections and fixes), but until then, they can't be changed.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quintillius can you change Romans battle unit cards background on some more darker? Or the same cards as on campaning map? Now highlighted almost no differ from not highlighted. Hard notice in heat of battle. I wrote this request to dvk901 but forgot you great work will be included in final version.
    Last edited by Papirrus; May 23, 2016 at 12:37 PM.

You arrived at the right place .

Ha! I didn't even come to the idea that I can do this myself actually. Well it took a time to find the sweet spot of the textures, but I found it. It even took a large proportion of my time to pick a marble texture and paint it with the right colors -- the background shouldn't contain too many marble veins nor should it be too dark or too light. There's also that contrast between the selected and unselected cards which requires sufficient attention.

Well this is the result:

What do you think? Let me know. Criticism is welcome. The colour of the selected cards is culture specific. Greeks have a bronze touch, Romans red as always, Persian factions cyan and Egypt yellow. Textures are uploaded so you can download it instantly.

Default Re: [RS all] - Quintillius' Enhanced UI graphics [v4.3]

Just perfect.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Quintillius, I have two hands but give you three tumbs up ! Better than I expected, different colours are great idea. You are right person at right job! Sorry for disappionting your expectation of criticism .

+Rep.
    Last edited by Papirrus; May 24, 2016 at 11:12 AM.

Tvrtko's Avatar Libertus

Every image is grey halp

Eh can you post a screenshot? Is this the first time you start the mod RS itself?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Quintillius View Post
    You arrived at the right place .

Ha! I didn't even come to the idea that I can do this myself actually. Well it took a time to find the sweet spot of the textures, but I found it. It even took a large proportion of my time to pick a marble texture and paint it with the right colors -- the background shouldn't contain too many marble veins nor should it be too dark or too light. There's also that contrast between the selected and unselected cards which requires sufficient attention.

Well this is the result:

What do you think? Let me know. Criticism is welcome. The colour of the selected cards is culture specific. Greeks have a bronze touch, Romans red as always, Persian factions cyan and Egypt yellow. Textures are uploaded so you can download it instantly.
    My friend, could you tell me which files you made this correction to please. It looks MUCH better!!

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Haha thanks. It's just battlepage_01, two cards below in the middle.
    This issue probably slopped in at the release of RSII with the at that time 'new' UI elements.

Is it possible to disable campaign minimap borders with this mod? I hate those black lines and I much prefer it as a solid colour.

Patrician

Quintillius, I hate to point this out to you, because it is a big problem that was recently pointed out to me. All of the building cards in the 'buildings' folder that appear in the building construction cue are the wrong size. They are all 64 x 51. This is the size for the cards in the 'buildings\construction' folder. The ones in the buildings folder are supposed to be 78 x 62. A new player pointed out to me that this size difference makes the cards look blurred and grainy. I never noticed it before, but yeah, they are too small.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast