View Poll Results: Would you like to see missile block chance get a bonus on fresh/active units?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Yes.

The results are hidden 0%
  • No.

• Undecided/Other/Read My Post

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tuskmod - Original thread

Default Re: Tuskmod

I apologize for taking so long with dynamic garrisons, and I can only say that today delayed things even further.

Today, I instead worked on diversifying battle mechanics more, including introducing a greater variety of shot trajectories (Particularly for flaming shot, heavy shot, and slings. Slings now have options when it comes to shot types, which mostly vary based on rate of fire, and firing trajectory.)

Skirmishing feels so much better with these changes.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Quote Originally Posted by Walrusjones View Post
    I am going to start a search for an AI expert today, as some of the new submods I will be adding, while great and fun, will also increase the need for a good AI to challenge the player.
    Try this
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...Aggressive-CAI

But if you will add this to your mod, ask for permission ofc

Any updates on that slower battle pace submod?

Next on the list, I am just getting ready to release three weeks work on the other submod I promised.

I have set up the framework for slower battle pace, fortunately:
    I have taken control of several rules that determine battle pace (Attack frequency, impact damage,) and all projectiles.

This is everything I need to create a complete battle pace mod. I just need to work out the numbers.

Currently, I am considering reducing the speed by 40% overall.
    Last edited by Walrusjones; May 09, 2015 at 11:30 PM.

40% sounds great

Once the core version is finished (If the test I am about to do works out, it will be,) I will be able to finish the slower battle speed mod: Core version values need to be adjusted to make the battle speed mod, making the battle speed mod dependent on the core version being finished.

Given the things I intend to edit, it shouldn't take long to finish it. (Once I sort out the crashes.)
    Last edited by Walrusjones; May 11, 2015 at 03:38 PM.

What exactly do these new shot trajectories do? Can you give us a rundown of the different trajectories and their pors and cons? What trajectory does flaming shot have compared to heavy etc...

Well, I can explain it from a physics standpoint:

Men are taller then they are wide. Shots that fly past the front of a man fairly straight are going to be unusually accurate, because they have a surface area that they can hit (Would you rather like to shoot a line, or a dot?)

At the same time, straight shots have a hard time shooting over obstacles (See: Your own men.) Standard shot is fairly straight.

A less straight shot will go over obstacles more easily (See: Your own men,) but will loose a bit of accuracy. Flaming, and heavy shot tend to arc a bit more.

any chance you'll be applying for a hosted section, seems like this mod is getting more and more deserving of it

Quote Originally Posted by johnmck View Post
    any chance you'll be applying for a hosted section, seems like this mod is getting more and more deserving of it
    hmm you think another Radious mod coming up?
    I would be happy for it, thou would be more happy to have more AI modders around
    Last edited by SharpEyed; May 12, 2015 at 11:39 AM.

My target has been filling the void left behind by Darth Vader going off to make his games. Of course I intend to keep making tuskmod bigger and bigger to catch up with what darthmod once was.

Now, I am going to ask for some feedback on a feature idea: Missile block scores are buffed when a unit is rested, the point being to further increase the number of drawbacks there are to pure shock, and pure skirmish playstyles while also giving defensive, and standard melee infantry a much needed buff.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    hmm you think another Radious mod coming up?
    I would be happy for it, thou would be more happy to have more AI modders around
    I may just give it a shot, but this means I will have to learn this site better.
    Last edited by Walrusjones; May 13, 2015 at 12:15 AM.

I cant voting. Why?

is It because i am white?
    Last edited by Finlander; May 14, 2015 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Merged douple post

Quote Originally Posted by reactorisready
    I cant voting. Why?
    is It because i am white?
    lol

I guess you need some posts before to be able to do that, as you need some for using "edit" feature.
    If they are same, it was like 25 or 30.

Edit. Nevermind.
    Last edited by Walrusjones; May 14, 2015 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    lol

I guess you need some posts before to be able to do that, as you need some for using "edit" feature.
    If they are same, it was like 25 or 30.
    Oh... ok. Thank you, dear friend!

Ooh, new version? Checking it out

Yep. The next version is in its testing phase as well.

miTo82's Avatar Libertus

Have you updates the Steam Version too? Because I didnt get an update there... Or I didn't recognized it :-p

It was probably someone who had been doing a long running version of 1.2 that was just noticing 1.3.1.

I am getting reasonably close to getting ready to do an open test (Read, tournament) of 1.4, as it is a major battle mechanics update that has a LOT of things that need testing.

Walrusjones hey dude , i dont know , but when i use your mod on top , and it works" i guess , the men make moshpits when 2-3 squads fight . i mean i looks ugly .. and AI elephants kill their own men on the way to me lol? 1/4 force just killd to come to me ... help?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast