Random cool Screen Shot:

GwooidgiDaLinux's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Bethencourt's 1800, path to Beta II-

British Foot Guards

Random Cool ScreenShot

Sorry for spam, I am new on this land.

Aha! well done.

I have got a new computer, the one I had is kaput, very kaput. I will try to recover the data and keep on working in this new one. In fact I am going to test the mod previous version right now in this computer.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; September 30, 2015 at 02:48 PM.

Anything news worthy going on?

Basically I have been on a trip to the North of Spain, and meanwhile I expected to be able to recover the old computer with the data today. But I have just come from the workshop, and the material has not arrived yet. I asked if I could have it this week and they do not know.

During this time I have been able to play some campaigns with the latest uploaded version I have, which difers to the one I want to recover in some flags and some units names work I had started to do with that computer.

One of the campaigns was me playing as Spain, to test this faction and also the AI behaviour in Europe as I am trying to balance the gameplay. France is actually a war machine but maybe too much. The campaign develops too quickly in what events in Europe is about so France is conquering Moscow at the end of 1805, not before having big battles in Poland against the Russians. I had a pacific relation towards Portugal and strangely this is important for the survival of the British empire in India. Every time AI Spain has conquered Portugal then Maratha take control of Goa rush over the British colonies there. But in this campaign, British have taken over the Mughal empire.

Another campaign I have played is with Russia, to see if I could stop France and then try to defeat it. This time I was able to do so very easily by 1803. It seems that the battles with Austria had exhausted its armies so when I sent three armies to the Austria-Bavaria corridor and one battle in Bavaria by the head of the offensive against a French full stack and another battle agaisnt a full stack in Wurtenberg with the thee armies the path was open to France. I had also sent another army to the North of Italy and after defeating Italy Kingdom (Milan) I conquered Savoy region which was garrisoned by a French full stack. This was after I was severelly defeated in an atempt of stopping France in Bavaria in early 1801 with my first army.

In both campaigns the timing of the technology was correct so social/military reforms would appear in the adecuate time.

All this has been interesting but the aim is that campaign has a longer gameplay. I have been thinking in solutions to this. Years have 12 turns, campaign movement points is 15 (when vanilla is arround 22-25) to give more strategic room to the map, and French line infantry recruitment time is 2 turns while other factions start with 4 turns that get reduced to 2 by technollogy research and new builidings. One measure could be to reduce the campaign movement points so things go slowlier in the map and factions have time to recover from the eventual defeats and show a better resistance to the invasions. Although it is contradictory to this last measure I have thought about increasing the recruitment times, more realistic but more epic too, so you have to be very careful with your recruitment and general investment decisions and seriously avoid severe defeats in the battle field, so at the same time achieving the total destruction of the enemy army is more relevant, this would enhace more the envolving maneuvers and less the defensive tactics.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; October 20, 2015 at 05:57 AM.

Can I have the flag mod from this mod? Thanks

Hi! The work on flags is not finished, and it has not been worked as a separated file until now. So if it is ever released like that it will be with the next beta reléase.

Thanks.

Greetings Bethencourt your mod is amazing and the units look more historically accurate than the NTW. Will you be implementing historical generals portraits in the unit card...?? I think that would add a nice touch to the historical realism. Thanks in advance!

Thank you Napoli. I agree that adding historical portraits is a good and also necessary thing. Another thing is the work it self, I have doubts it will be in next release.

GwooidgiDaLinux's Avatar Foederatus

Hey beth !
    Any news ???

Hi! no news yet. I am still waiting for the computer to be fixed. Some material they need has not arrived yet. As you can imagine I got angry today in the workshop because they cannot tell a date (well, they said ten days and now it is 30 days since I delivered them the computer)when I have already payed half the work. Whenever I start again the work I will tell here.

Last edited by Bethencourt; November 17, 2015 at 04:54 PM.

Back to work on the mod. I have recovered the files, installed all tools and plugins.

To start with I have given the name texts to the Courland faction units. Not a big thing but a start.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

It's great to hear that you are back in action, working on this impressive-looking mod.

Thank you Alwyn! I have finished the units names of the rest of factions today.

Voltigueurs, last version.

Last edited by Bethencourt; December 07, 2015 at 08:20 PM.

Beautiful effect of the smoke mod made by Sirlion surrounding this Russian unit.

The French guard.

~~

Russian guard charge.

~

New look of line grenadiers late period.

Foot carabiniers, late period.

Late line infantry.

Chaseurs

Last edited by Bethencourt; December 11, 2015 at 02:27 PM.

New look of the late French artillery.

Next ones will be guard marines, fusiliers grenadiers and fusiliers chasseurs of the guard.

Guard marines.

Guard fusiliers grenadiers.

~
    Last edited by Bethencourt; December 12, 2015 at 01:28 PM.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Amazing textures!

Are there going to be Eagle standards? I don't know how common they were, but it baffles me that I haven't seen any in any Napoleonic mods.