Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 1800, Beta II released.

Default Re: Bethencourt's 1800, path to Beta II-

Its good to know I can still change the flags. Im really excited for this mod and cant wait to play it.

The revision of the USA militia units has finished. There are several tasks I would like to be made before releasing the next beta. Generals in campaign models, marines of several factions. Also units cards. The 1800 campaign version beta will be released first as it is the one that is being worked. The 1700-1800 version beta will be released later as it requires the addaptation to the work being done for the 1800 one.

Lately I have been working in Colonialism 1600 ad naval part, and I am actually working on Victoria Total War campaign files, both hosted mods for Empire: Total War. So this means a delay in the works and a reduction in the comunications related to this 1800 mod. In one week or two I will retake the work in this mod.

I can't help to help.

Some of the late work with the USA militia faces.

Vermont militia.

New York light infantry. Troyan greens.

Vermont militia dragoons.

Last edited by Bethencourt; July 18, 2015 at 07:23 PM.

Foederatus

Very nice skins,glad to see work being done

Thank you. Now campaign Spanish colonel to the left and general to the right.

The same ones but late period.

France early period.

France late period.

British early period.

British late period.

Last edited by Bethencourt; July 28, 2015 at 06:51 PM.

Foederatus

Nice work on the campaign map!

Side question:do you plan on adding any special buildings for each faction( say like how Russia has the winter palace )

Thank you again! About the buildings, the mod has new buildings but not new models, so it uses vanilla models. I have not thought about adding special historical buildings for any factions. Time will say.

Russia, early period.

Russia, late period.

Last edited by Bethencourt; July 28, 2015 at 07:47 PM.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Good work on the US militia unit textures and also on the colonels and generals on the campaign map!

I like the look of the campaign map general and colonel models, but what's the trigger for changing the models going to be? Because I can't think of anything that would make a good turning point beyond a mid tree military tech, but I don't know of any wide reforms you could group it under.

Thank you, Alwyn.

Hazzard. The idea, that is actually implemented, is the use of sumbods, that convert savegame early uniform units into late uniforms and some stats changes too. The submods can be used at will, so if you want to start the campaign with late uniforms you can, but maybe you prefer to wait until the late campaign or the research that allow you to construct the buildings where the late units are ment to be recruited. Also these submods are useful to avoid mixed early and late units armies, AI is not so smart with this, so to achieve this aim, no mixed armies, the sumbod is for all main factions yours and AI ones. So as I said they are used at will so when you feel it is good for your gameplay. And they are reversible, if you want to go back to early uniforms in your campaign you can just desactivate them.

A smarter idea has been proposed but the development or the research needed is stopped and it requires knowledge and time that I have not got. It seems to work with the memory of the game so it allows to link the events of the games to some wanted effects like uniform changing due to technology research. But this idea has not been developed or at least made public so all mods can benefit of it.

Prussia, early period.

Prussia, late period.

Austria, early period.

Austria, late period.

United States, early period.

United States, late period.

New ships campaign textures.

Last edited by Bethencourt; July 29, 2015 at 03:08 PM.

GwooidgiDaLinux is working with me to make it playable in Linux, and he is also writing a guide to install and play with Linux.

Some screenshots of the Russian fleet.

Last edited by Bethencourt; August 04, 2015 at 12:59 PM.

CLM's Avatar Foederatus

Independencia de mexico 1810 dont forget
    Gran colombia 1830

Please make some units for this countrys aswell

Hi CLM! For next release, beta II, only some countries have units based on their historical ones. The other countries share a default roster. In next betas ,so beta III and the following ones, I will be adding the historical units for the rest of the countries. We are not working now on any land unit of any country, we are working on the basic features of the mod, so next betas from III on will be mostly about faction units as the basics of the mod will be already done. At least that is the intention.

CLM's Avatar Foederatus

Ok man I get it, thanks a lot answering By the way your mod is going to rock when it comes out and right now those screenshots are killing it. Cant wait for this amazing mod

,Ok thank you!

Some 1800 Russian little naval story.

Last edited by Bethencourt; August 15, 2015 at 06:09 PM.

Foederatus

Will the united states be starting at war with the Barbary states? if so can we hope for some unique units for the first Barbary war.

GwooidgiDaLinux's Avatar Foederatus

Hello Leviticus12345 ! For now, the Barbary States will be at peace with the United States Of America at the start of the campaign.
    Unfortunately, for the approach of Beta II, we won't see any arrival of units for minor factions. But in the future we aim to add those units for each and every minor factions.

Have an happy day cold day in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Leviticus12345 View Post
    Will the united states be starting at war with the Barbary states? if so can we hope for some unique units for the first Barbary war.
    Which unique units were you thinking about?

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    Which unique units were you thinking about?
    I did find this source for US uniforms that some of the sailors and Arabian mercs might have been outfitted with for desert wear.http://www.ottoman-uniforms.com/barb...arines-allies/

There is even a litte bit about the barbary corsairs in there

Thank you Antartica is pretty chilly this time of year

That is interesting, those units would be only recruitable in North Africa, as we do not want to see them in Philadelphia. It is a nice idea but not a priority now. See that most of the factions do not have any unit done but default ones.

In general, I think that later, once most factions have their own unit roster to be recruitable in homeland, then it would be time to develop the recruitable units in foreign lands.