Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 1800, Beta II released.

Default Re: Bethencourt's 1800, path to Beta II-

Quote Originally Posted by GuardiadelRey View Post
    at this time a company had 4-5 ranks but only the first was firing and the others were just standing around or fill the gabs of the first rank (or line). You could just delete the other firing drill techs, sothat only the first line is firing (btw sorry for my bad english)
    May columns mean platoon? that would make sense as column refers to several ranks, but platoon can be a part of a Rank.

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

at this time a company had 4-5 ranks but only the first was firing and the others were just standing around or fill the gabs of the first rank (or line). You could just delete the other firing drill techs, sothat only the first line is firing (btw sorry for my bad english)
    Haven't you tried Goutlard's Fixed Firing Drills and Infantry Formations mod that is perfect as everyone fires at the time even when there is four or five ranks and has made ETW better than ever just test it out then you know what I am talking about it rocks.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...try-Formations

Beth best test that mod out too it works on perfectly for vanilla units but can work for units too and if possible get his permission to add this mod your one as it is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by jackwei View Post
    Haven't you tried Goutlard's Fixed Firing Drills and Infantry Formations mod that is perfect as everyone fires at the time even when there is four or five ranks and has made ETW better than ever just test it out then you know what I am talking about it rocks.

Beth best test that mod out too it works on perfectly for vanilla units but can work for units too and if possible get his permission to add this mod your one as it is excellent.
    Thank you for the advice, I will talk to Sirlion about it.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; May 30, 2015 at 01:45 PM.

I know this mod. I think its the best option, too.

Foederatus

I noticed that the did all end up in the Spanish army in the end,which is a cool concept for a foreign regiment of royalist frenchies for spain

Quote Originally Posted by Leviticus12345 View Post
    I noticed that the did all end up in the Spanish army in the end,which is a cool concept for a foreign regiment of royalist frenchies for spain
    Yes, that could be, it only needs some research to see how they looked like.

This is the Spanish wallon guard in 1812

The Wikipedia says the regiment were integrated by foreign soldiers and wallon guards. This picture is the closer I have got to that bourbon regiment.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; May 30, 2015 at 04:37 PM.

Foederatus

Whats interesting about these guys is that instead of the normal white straps they have black ones which is a neat fit,As for the bourbon regiment I might have an idea for there uniforms (Dont take this seriously):Im pretty certain the would have the white and red color scheme as seen here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arm%C3%...%89migr%C3%A9s now that bourbon grenadier is pretty interesting and stands out.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviticus12345 View Post
    Whats interesting about these guys is that instead of the normal white straps they have black ones which is a neat fit,As for the bourbon regiment I might have an idea for there uniforms (Dont take this seriously):Im pretty certain the would have the white and red color scheme as seen here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arm%C3%...%89migr%C3%A9s now that bourbon grenadier is pretty interesting and stands out.
    That battle is in 1795 difficult to state as an accurate source about a similar unit later, almost 20 years later. I wll try to search more.

I have found a reference in the excellent work by Carrianta here at TWC:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=1#post6811138

Last edited by Bethencourt; May 30, 2015 at 06:51 PM.

Are the royalists that important for this time? I havent heard much of them. Have you ever thought about adding some irregular units like spanish guerillos, german freikorps (especialley the lützower jaeger) or Landwehr units to replace the german and austrian militia?

Are the royalists that important for this time? I havent heard much of them. Have you ever thought about adding some irregular units like spanish guerillos, german freikorps (especialley the lützower jaeger) or Landwehr units to replace the german and austrian militia?
    I have some aversión to militia units as the AI tends to spam them so they become a numerous unit in the armies, which is not very realistic as far as I know. Gerrilleros, I find them difficult now to implement that concept in the mod, they should be some kind of units for the rebellions that may happen in Spain, but I am sure now the AI would select any Spanish unit, so very much probably they would not appear as intended. Maybe working with spanish rebels units and testing could work but I am not sure now.

Foederatus

Are the royalists that important for this time?
    Well try not to think of them as royalists par sey,but as "bourbonists"

USA light dragons, late period, with new faces. I have started to revise the USA units, mostly their heads, colars and facial hair.

Quote Originally Posted by jackwei View Post

Yes do this, absolutely do this. Uniforms can be well done and accurate, but the etw battlefield can never be truly authentic in any mod without these tweaks implemented.

We are working on the battle system, it will have its own flavour.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; June 05, 2015 at 04:15 AM.

Domesticus

Congratulations on changes!

Foederatus

Any word on updates?

Hi!

Yes, the most important change has been the addition of the battle system of Sirlion to the main file.

We are testing small submods to adjust the battle gameplay different possibilities.

Some of the USA units have new faces work.

Today I am going to adapt the new battle system a submod that allows late uniforms to be activated at will. This is a submod that has to be launched in a savegame so all the units of the main modded faction change their uniforms from the early period to the late one.

Some campaign balance at the same time. This is somehow funny, if Great Britain is not powerful in the naval game then France has a strong navy but it reduces its army's strength because the economy supports that bigger fleet. But also the oposite, if Great Britain has a powerful naval game then France has a reduced navy in long term but better behaviour in the continent.

Last edited by Bethencourt; June 17, 2015 at 11:17 AM.

Foederatus

Great to hear of progress

Is the British flag going to change around 1800 when you start in the 1700s campaign? I don't think this should be a priority but it would be a nice touch.

Hi! Unionofficer, I see you understand the two campaign concepts. About the evolution of the 1700 campaign in its late part, so you get in a Napoleonic era, the idea is to reach it by technologies. But the game does not link the flag changes to the research of new technologies. The idea is to have submods that once you reach the Napoleonic era allows you to change the uniforms, the flags and the faction colours. This submod, two of them really one for early period and another for late period, already exist for the 1700 campaign although only for main mod factions and it lacks a lot of development yet. If you do not actívate these submods different eras uniforms will coexist, which some may find cool and others not, and flags will not change.

Some new faces in the block.

And a small change in gunports so the faction's color does not show over the upper ones.

Last edited by Bethencourt; July 01, 2015 at 01:09 PM.