Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 1800, Beta II released.

Foederatus

Default Re: Bethencourt's 1800, path to Beta II-

Congrats to md,Now onto buissness I have come to query about french engineers and if you are planning to do them

I have doubts about them. They were left behind because the need of advance with other factions. I made a work for Carricanta's mod of Spanish units for a sapers regiment. I converted one of his grenadiers into a sapers units. This is the result:

My work consisted in the addition of the apron and the lower backpack.

The doubt is apart from beard need and other model things, is what would they were for in game? There is no much engineering in game, so what stats and abilities should they have? Maybe most of the battle devices so compared to other units they have that advantage? but this is only decided before battle, and then fight as Guard Grenadiers?

Foederatus

I would like to think that( if it is even able too)engineers are able to put down entrenchment when a enemy army attacks you not just when an enemy sallies out.

In game? you can deploy the devices when your army is in defence stance in campaign map, and it goes so when it remains in a spot of the map for more than one turn.

This would be the first aproach to that unit. It needs to be worked on details like adding gloves and adecuate cuffs, stats and technical things like lods.

Something more like this:

Last edited by Bethencourt; May 20, 2015 at 06:06 PM.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    In game? you can deploy the devices when your army is in defence stance in campaign map, and it goes so when it remains in a spot of the map for more than one turn.

This would be the first aproach to that unit. It needs to be worked on details like adding gloves and adecuate cuffs, stats and technical things like lods.

Something more like this:

Hmph didn't know tha, also very nice units

Change the smoke and sound effecte nor Muketen and cannons and change even the ausehen the cannon.

Thank you leviticus!

Koplik. Those are good ideas. About sounds I have not got skills on that, maybe some permission of use of specific sound and smoke mods can be achieved. About guns' look it is a matter of time.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; May 21, 2015 at 11:06 AM.

for musket sounds i recommend "general andys musket sound" mod with real flintlock musket sounds. I think the vanilla muskets are fine because in 1815 for example british soldiers were still using the brown bess. So i think a reskin isnt necessary

Andy is actually about to release a new version of his sound mod in like a week so wait for that. I think he will add more variation because a lot of his sounds are very distant, and depending on on your powder charge, musket sounds could have a lot more thump to them.

Thank you for the recommendations.

This is the same unit but reglamentary bearded men.

Last edited by Bethencourt; May 23, 2015 at 04:16 AM.

Hi!

It is a pleasure to announce that Sirlion is becoming today part of this mod team. In first moment he will be in charge of land BAI and land units stats, which is a very important task. And who knows what else he will be doing here!

Very muuuuuuch welcome Sirlion! The Grenadiers with their new moustaches form in your honour!

Last edited by Bethencourt; May 24, 2015 at 03:34 PM.

Thank you very much Bethencourt. I'm glad to be helping such promising mod to have its proper place in the modding scene ^^

Foederatus

Congrats sirlion,Question any progress on the late Spanish uniforms?

Now I am spreading some moustaches here and there. About the Spanish late uniforms. There are only for infantry at the moment, they are line infantry, light infantry, and grenadiers all of them in the British style you see in first post. Maybe there will be some late guard uniform and artillery. Ah cavalry you have Spanish cuirassiers, rare unit, and lancers.

These are Spanish lancers, for the late period.

and Spanish cuirassiers.

Last edited by Bethencourt; May 26, 2015 at 03:41 PM.

Foederatus

Any regards as to the position of the french royalist army,or are you leaving them out?

By what I read it was relevant in early 1790 decade, but the mod does not cover that time. What do you think about them? In terms of the game which faction should they be or integrated in? If in France they sould be related to type of government, but tis is linked to the problem of the types of governments and their limit in this game. If the Empire is an absolute monarchy, then it takes the only place for that that we have. I think this does not allow to make them integrated in France.

And the new faces of the line grenadier of France early period.

Last edited by Bethencourt; May 28, 2015 at 03:27 PM.

Foederatus

Actually there were several regiments/armies of the french royalists which were still around by 1814 source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arm%C3%...%89migr%C3%A9s
    as for the issue of government France should technically be a "constitutional" monarchy,although history says otherwise.

I prefer the old version of the mustaches and are you going to change the firing drills of the infantry, because "fire by rank" was uncommon at this time. In a book i read at the moment, they say that only the first rank was firing in the column tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviticus12345 View Post
    Actually there were several regiments/armies of the french royalists which were still around by 1814 source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arm%C3%...%89migr%C3%A9s
    as for the issue of government France should technically be a "constitutional" monarchy,although history says otherwise.
    About the regiments, if you read carefully you will see they ended all into the Regiment Bourbon, part of the Spanish army. Most of their late action, with very low numbers of men compared to the normal size of armies of the Napoleonic time was related to Spanish territory. It seems that they started working as independent regiments, not an army as they fought very different battles. So if in mod they would be a foreign regiment in the Spanish armies. Also some kind of research on their looks should be done.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardiadelRey View Post
    I prefer the old version of the mustaches and are you going to change the firing drills of the infantry, because "fire by rank" was uncommon at this time. In a book i read at the moment, they say that only the first rank was firing in the column tactic.
    About "old version" of moustaches are you refering to the moustaches of the old guard some posts above in this page? The last grenadiers are line grenadiers, not the old guard. They have different moustaches and facial hair just to add variety. About fire by Rank I understand what you mean but I do not understand last part "only the first Rank was firing in the columns tactic". Does the book explain what it means?
    Last edited by Bethencourt; May 30, 2015 at 12:16 PM.

at this time a company had 4-5 ranks but only the first was firing and the others were just standing around or fill the gabs of the first rank (or line). You could just delete the other firing drill techs, sothat only the first line is firing (btw sorry for my bad english)