Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 1800, Beta II released.

Default Re: Bethencourt's 1800, path to Beta II-

Thank you md, yes those are the units there.

Ok, we will talk about it.

Hello is that they can make more Prowinzen from Spain and DS still add other continents such as Asia, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Koplik View Post
    Hello is that they can make more Prowinzen from Spain and DS still add other continents such as Asia, Australia.
    Hi!

I think more provinces or continents cannot be added to the game now. It is not possible.

I am testing campaign balance. Not the definitive one. I am testing Prussia because it starts neutral so I can keep that diplomatic situation and see how the AI behaves. I have avoided the CTD I infomed some posts above. I thought they were due to Colombia or Mexico modifiction at first moment just because it happened for first time when those factions turn passing. But the real problem, I think, it is the turn per years and the republic and constitutional monarchy government types. I knew about this CTD possibility, as husserl talks about it in his god startpos tutorial, so I increased the turns to a new election from 8 vanilla to 48, but it was not enough, so I have increased them to 480 turns, this means no elections but also this avoids the CTD, at least by now (yesterday I got to 1808 year without the problem when I had it systmeatically arround 1806)
    Last edited by Bethencourt; May 09, 2015 at 01:59 PM.

Foederatus

Those are some Impressive units ya got there,Now do you think it is possible to have Napoleon with his signature coat?As a alternate model or do you plan to have Napoleon stay in full military dress?

Hallo kommt von diesem Mod auch mit einer Deutschen/Germania Version heraus?

Hello comes from this mod with a German version out?

Thank you Leviticus! I have done another version but with guard blue and white uniform, but I have not activate it as it would be two emperor units and at some point would not make much sense. The signature coat is an interesting challenge, but for the future as I have other priorities now.

Koplik. I cannot speak German, so at the moment that is not in the list, sorry. I have seen some mods trying to give kind of Spanish names to some Spanish units and the result is weird sometimes despite the good intention. I do not want the mod to have a German ( or any other language) version if it is not fully correct. And now I am here thinking if my English version is fully correct.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; May 12, 2015 at 02:59 PM.

A few more questions as it is with the Ki on the campaign map (ie diplomacy) and changed in real-time battles, which still keenly interested me how do the units so the graphics on the campaigns card, as in Empire or are they like in Napoleon Total War?

Now the last question the flags as still be changed on the campaign map and in real-time battles such.

As the flag of the French with the golden north and with the golden ornaments such.

or

By campaign cards I guess you are talking about the units icons that also are used to select them in battle. If so, I tell you that the mod has its own style icons, no Empire like no Napoleon like. About descriptions cards the one over a big text of the history of the units, those have not been changed yet.

About flags. I have changed French one in campaign and in battle from the monarchy one to the republican-imperial three colours with no ornaments. Who knows if that can be changed in the future? now I am involved in campaign balance. By now I am satisfied with that change, which is a basic historical option, because many things have to advance in modding work to an aceptable level. Thank you for the samples of those flags, anyway I have not had the chance to see the second one before it has gone X.

Pirate note: if by any chance I have a crazy pirate moment in this planned modding process I can try to make the regimental flag.

Like this one:

Last edited by Bethencourt; May 14, 2015 at 04:08 PM.

and how sit there with the Prime Minister from there is Napoleon XXI with image or remains there Luis and what about the government?

and how sit there with the Prime Minister from there is Napoleon XXI with image or remains there Luis and what about the government?
    That is a need for the mod, but at them moment I have not got the knowledge to do so. Yesterday I was chatting in Steam about the government possibilities and the thing is that the game has three possibilities, none of them match with the dictatorship or consular period. The dictatorship is very much like a monarchy but without the heritage and family tree concept but it is not a republic with the elections system. Let's see what can be done.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; May 16, 2015 at 06:52 AM.

Make it yet so the game starts first with a republic, then it becomes an absolute monarchy and Napoleon becomes Emperor and not remain king. Another proposal for the beginning of the game so as to 1800 get royalist rebels who make zuschaffen the kingdom, Vielleich they represent the so around the Alsace belongs to the royalists then they would have to halt a new group to create. Oh these screenshots, they have posted that all new units.

I hope I could help.

Foederatus

Good that there is progress on the historical accuracy part of the mod,But I have to ask have you finished the french cuirassiers?

They are the first unit I created, in 2011, they have had several revisions, they are fully playable now, what does not mean that they may not have another revision. For example I am finding the plume too shiny and maybe it could be longer.

Late French carabiniers

And French dragoons.

Last edited by Bethencourt; May 17, 2015 at 04:26 AM.

the units look magnifique! Could you maybe show us some prussian heavy cavalry because i havent seen any before

Thank you, Guardia!

First the Prussian heavy cavalry and then some of the Prussian cavalry units.

These are the late period Prussian cuirassier at work.

Waiting.

Early period Prussian cuirassier, white uniform.

Early period Prussian cuirassier, yellow uniform.

Now not heavy but interesting units.

Bosniaks

One of the units of hussars of the early period.

Another Hussar unit of the early period.

Hussars, late period. This is one of the late period hussar units there are more.

Dragoons, early period.

Dragoons, late period.

And lancers, they are only for the late period.

Last edited by Bethencourt; May 17, 2015 at 01:44 PM.

they are amazing! are they already included in the current version (which i have) or are they for the next version... and i dont want to get on your nerves but if its possible can i see some photos of austrian cavalry? maybe...

This post is to announce that md1453 starts to work with me on the units cards. I am very happy with his colaboration.

md1453 welcome to 1800 mod! now that we are two we are a team! or is it a crew?
    Last edited by Bethencourt; May 18, 2015 at 10:29 AM.

Just wanted to say how happy I am to help make this thing a reality. For those of you, like me, who have wanted a Napoleonic Total War with the ETW map, I think this will be it!

It is a big mod, with a lot of units, and Bethencourt is interested in making it play well, and with as much historical accuracy as can be mustered with the current system...but also still fun to play.

Be sure to rep Bethencourt as much as possible as his work on these units is extraordinary!

Make it yet so the game starts first with a republic, then it becomes an absolute monarchy and Napoleon becomes Emperor and not remain king. Another proposal for the beginning of the game so as to 1800 get royalist rebels who make zuschaffen the kingdom, Vielleich they represent the so around the Alsace belongs to the royalists then they would have to halt a new group to create. Oh these screenshots, they have posted that all new units.

I hope I could help.

Koplik, thank you for your ideas. The actual starting campaign of the mod for France is very unstable, so you have to be carefull so no rebellion takes place there. The "Empire" social technollogy give you the Emperor unit, some guard units, and also reduces unrest. It also leads to the "Imperial Army" technollogy which takes you to a new roster of units with the late period uniforms and an unlimited recruitment of French units in America and wider recuitment limit in Egypt for example. These may change in future modding work but it is like this now. About your proposal, the problem is that France has very few regions in the game, so it has fewer recruitment points than other major factions, so taking away some of the few regions to the royalists would make more difficult to get to the addecuate balance in which France must be an unstopplable military power for some long number of turns.

Austria has not got early and late period for cavalry.

These are the cuirassiers.

Hussars, one of the regiments.

Horse jaegers.

Uhlans.

Last edited by Bethencourt; May 18, 2015 at 12:18 PM.