Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 1800, Beta II released.

Default Re: Bethencourt's 1800, path to Beta II-

Ha, ha, ha! well it does not work that way. Anyway a screenshot of the French Carabiniers, early period.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    Ha, ha, ha! well it does not work that way. Anyway a screenshot of the French Carabiniers, early period.

First: grrrrr...again I was excited! Second: those look great. I seriously can't wait to play this.

Foederatus

I have to ask when AND if you get to the minor factions
    Which do you plan to do first?

P.S:Give a little love to the emergents in the Americas.

Thank you md! but do not bite anyone!

Hi Leviticus! In Beta II all minor factions including the European cultures that may emerge in the Americas have a default roster. Even some playable have it too, Sweden, and the Netherlands do, for example. I plan to work in all of them to give them a historical roster after the release of this Beta II. I will start with Portugal, the Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, German and Italian states, then Ottomans and then if, I am still alive, the emergent ones. About the ones in America, I remember Mexico, Colombia, Quebec I think it is. Mexico and Colombia became independent countries in a process that started in the late period of this mod so I guess it wont be hard to find information about the uniforms used. But Quebec is quite fictional, so I have kept this faction in the same French faction group. Maybe some French speakers units of the 1812 war can be made for it, but who knows as this is anticipating too much. Which ones are you interested in?
    Last edited by Bethencourt; April 09, 2015 at 11:31 AM.

Foederatus

Good to here

TBH its more mexico than colombia im interested in i always thought there were better suited to be hegemon of the americas than the USA

anyways i still cant wait for beta 2 and 3 too come out when youre done with em,of course

P.S i always liked the green mexico had too bad there uniforms were blue

any news or updates?

Hi!

Yes, I have made most of the work with the French generals and I am now testing the campaign balance, normal/normal difficulties. The aim is to make France AI a stronger force, which seems to be going well, and besides that reduce the power of Sweden and increase the Russian one, so this last faction appears as an active character in the game. Now is very much struggling with Sweden and now showing in to the Austrian front. There is something wrong related to Colombia and Mexico modding, because I have suffered a ctd when Spain has been conquered by France, it has happened once, not before.

I have tested some changes related to the advantages of France and turns to recruit the units. Most infantry units of France take 2 turns to be recruited while starting units of other factions last 4 and then in the late period 2 turns. I am testing now Russia starting units lasting 3 turns instead of 4. Also, I have made changes in the number of recuitment slots of starting French buildings and in late buildings of the other factions so these end having the same number the French ones have.

Making France stats stronger so the AI behaves more like a Napoleonic leaded one than a normal faction, can make that playing France may be too easy for the player, but as this mod has different files depending on the faction being played then it allows to give a different balance to the campaign when France is being played compared to the AI France.

This is the new look of the Emperor unit.

Last edited by Bethencourt; May 02, 2015 at 06:23 PM.

Vive L'Empereur!

This looks great, still in eager anticipation.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    Hi!

Yes, I have made most of the work with the French generals and I am now testing the campaign balance, normal/normal difficulties. The aim is to make France AI a stronger force, which seems to be going well, and besides that reduce the power of Sweden and increase the Russian one, so this last faction appears as an active character in the game. Now is very much struggling with Sweden and now showing in to the Austrian front. There is something wrong related to Colombia and Mexico modding, because I have suffered a ctd when Spain has been conquered by France, it has happened once, not before.

I have tested some changes related to the advantages of France and turns to recruit the units. Most infantry units of France take 2 turns to be recruited while starting units of other factions last 4 and then in the late period 2 turns. I am testing now Russia starting units lasting 3 turns instead of 4. Also, I have made changes in the number of recuitment slots of starting French buildings and in late buildings of the other factions so these end having the same number the French ones have.

Making France stats stronger so the AI behaves more like a Napoleonic leaded one than a normal faction, can make that playing France may be too easy for the player, but as this mod has different files depending on the faction being played then it allows to give a different balance to the campaign when France is being played compared to the AI France.

This is the new look of the Emperor unit.

I thought he was smaller^^
    Anyway great work!

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

He, he, this one has eaten enough so he is big in two dimensions... or more. Or maybe all the others arround him are small too, even the horses. But you won't believe this, will you? Once I thought about making voltigeurs smaller and grenadiers bigger, but I read that bones cannot be changed in size so this would lead into a mess, but I have not tested it really.

Thank you md and Quintus too!

I really like the uniform of the marshall on the right! And what about naval battles? Are there new ships or new skins for the sailors?

Thank you! about "new" ships, the mod has the ones I did in 2009 and 2010 for my previous naval mod for Empire TW, so they are not vanilla but I cannot say they are really new if you have played this mod before. The naval battle and the naval campaign is very much changed from vanilla, but this part is my that previous naval mod plus the work on ships textures and damages effects. About naval crew, I have done Great Britain, France, USA and Austria specific marines so they show in the naval battles.

No prussian marines Anyways i cant wait to play the new version! How much work is left til you can release beta II?

Ha,ha,ha, what I have already done is not limit for what I can do from now on. All modified factions will have their own marines. I am reworking the startpos to make France more active, actually it is recruting big armies in America which do nothing there, while not replacing the looses in its war with Austria. I have tested a modification of the modified startpos and France acts much better but I get CTD, so I have to make it again adding the new changes so it is CTD free. So I want to remake all the startpos files with this new addition, and revise the USA units. Then the fact of many units names missing and all the description cards. But maybe I leave these two things for a later version.

The unit cards, names, and descriptions are all so tedious. But then they make for a polished experience if done well. You should get people to help you with those tedious parts, like making the loc file.

Hay I can not so good English but I would like to know when this mod is finished it is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by md1453 View Post
    The unit cards, names, and descriptions are all so tedious. But then they make for a polished experience if done well. You should get people to help you with those tedious parts, like making the loc file.
    Much of the modding work is tedious, watching the result of the work is what makes it rewarding. But the tedious part is what keeps people away from it. I have asked in HELP Project if anyone would make the description cards, but none answered. Instead I received interesting tips about it. Well, it is a matter of time. I remember the moments when making USA units I imagined how it would be to make the Russian and Prussian units, and there they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Koplik View Post
    Hay I can not so good English but I would like to know when this mod is finished it is awesome
    Thank you, Koplik. I think next versión will be released in some months, I do not like to say dates, but maybe three months.

Foederatus

Very Nice Bethencourt.

Question? Do you plan for the next revision of USA units to have an open coat design?

These ones?

To the left you can see USA regular light infantry of the early period of the mod. To the right the line infantry of the same period. I have not put screenshots of all the units in the first post. By revisión of USA units I mean to change the faces of the militia units and late cavalry which are vanilla faces. These last ones are not in the first post either.

Oh wow, those are amazing work. You have the rifle regiment and the legion, later the regular infantry regiments.

I'm glad you sought help, I didn't realize. If you would like I could help. I will PM you later.