Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 1800, Beta II released.

Domesticus

Default Re: Bethencourt's 1800, path to Beta II-

Very nice!

The face of the units have never beard or mustache (example: the old guard).
    How so?
    It's your choice, or you still have to create?

Thank you Crociato. About beards and moustaches, as the same as horses equipment, it is a matter of time to work on them. At this moment those heads and collar sets are the best ones, unless I put some time on it and créate a different one with moustaches. The bearskin those units are showing now, which is much better than previous one, was not planned, but this week I felt the need of doing it and there they are. Probably I could improve them more but, I have the feeling of moving on as other things also require attention.

I have added a link in first post to the the screenshots in Steam, which includes those ones of the first post and more of them.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; March 22, 2015 at 04:52 PM.

Domesticus

Ok!

The units created by that date were historically (both early and late)?

I do not know if I understand you correctly. But I'll try an answer: the mod 1800 version, starts in game in 1800, 12 turns per year. And it has two periods early and late. You start in early napoleonic period, in this versión, and you reach the second by technollogy research, so it is not strictly related to turn passing so in 1805 French units do not start wearing shakos automatically, but at the moment you research a technollogy and construct the buildings you can recruit the new units. About accuracy in uniforms related to time also I want to say that some armies changed their uniform, or parts of it, more than twice during the Napoleonic times. Spain for example in 1800 had a uniform for infantry that was changed in 1802 and then changed again several times from 1808 while the French invasión lasted. At the begining of this mod it was going to have just one period. So French units would wear shako and not bicorn, which would have been more simple, but then I decided to make two periods. This means a more varied changing roster but also a simplification from what reallity was. Taking that into consideration the evolution is historical as units go from an older uniform to a more "modern" one.

These are early period grenadiers, National Army, for France, the time of Egypt expedition, and then Consular period, and early Empire.

And these are late period grenadiers, Imperial Army, for France.

There are three technollogies per faction. In this 1800 versión, you start with the first one already researched, so you have the early roster, once you reach the third technollogy you can recruit the late roster. But there are some exceptions. For example French Guard Marines come with the research of the second French technollogy called "Empire". Another exception is the USA, they start with a very restricted, in what recruitment is about, army, the National Army. In this period line infantry can only be recruited in main cities, in minor ones you have región specific militia units. But with the second technollogy "Total War" you can recruit a more modern uniform (1811) line infantry, but still restricted. When you research "Total War Army" then you can recruit late line infantry in all cities, this concept is related to the full movilisation in 1812 war against Great Britain.

USA National Army (NA) infantry.

"Total War" line infantry, 1811 model.

"Total War Army" line infantry, 1812 model. Of these 1811 and 1812 models I will darken the shako.

British Upper Canada line infantry, early period, Coalition (CO)

And the same unit, late period, Total War Army.

Last edited by Bethencourt; March 23, 2015 at 03:48 PM.

Domesticus

Ok!

Now I look at the stats of your units.

So how big will the download file be?

Today it is 207 MB compressed. 2,73 GB uncompressed.

VERY impressive work. Congrats, really! Only one question is bothering me though: what about Switzerland? In Empire's time frame it wasnt present. How are you going to solve this problem? By adding a custom capital with the startpos trick of putting a unit where the capital should be and then create a fake region like Imperial Destroyer?

Hi! Thank you.

About the map part. The lack of world parts is something we have to deal with. I can also think of South America, which were very important for Portugal and Spain in those times. I am not skilled in that new type of change. If there were some kind of tutorial I would take a look at it and at the possibility of adding not only a new región but a new faction converting another one into it.

These days I have revised the French general officer, and now I am revising the Guard Chasseurs a Cheval which are the scort of the Emperor unit.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; March 26, 2015 at 05:19 PM.

@ Bethencourt really top notch work here ,it seems my dream of recreating the war of 1812 come through one day

The more you show, the more I'm excited to see the beta!

Thanks.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

It is great to see a lot of progress here! Looking forward to the release!

Bavarian Grenadier, md1543 and Paradamed, thank you for your support.

Tighten up those infantry formations. Make zem veryyyy tight! Talented work as always!

Thank you. The thing is that if I go too far with it then the animations make the bodies traspass each other, which I do not like. But I can try some other values.

Laetus

This mod sounds awesome ! I can't wait to play France !

Thank you titus, this last week I have had a rest of modding. Next week I will keep on working with the French general units.

Every time Bethancourt posts I hope its the beta or pre-beta!