Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 1800, Beta II released.

Default Re: 1800, Beta II released.

That is very easy, in units tables, Región ID, write global for every unit,¿but do you want to recruit Maryland militia in Hyderabad? if not do it just for regulars.

Thanks and I have another question. About the governments and ministers. I noticed also that the King for Britain is William III not George III and for France is Louspis XIV not Napoleon/or accurate leader of that time and the US should be Jefferson or Adams. Good mod though. Thanks for the help on those. Hope you also can add more units and factions in the game.

Foederatus

Hi, i've managed to fix the problem I had, thanks, it was indeed a problem about the order of pack files in modmanager !

Another question, is it normal that as the USA, i can only recruit soldiers from the original provinces I have at the start of the campaign ? Like I can' recruit from captured provinces.
    I haven't tried yet as an another faction.

You may have already answered this question, but my english is far to be perfect, i don't really understand everything. thanks

Ghip. The mod is still in development, so many things as the faction leaders and many faction rosters are yet to be done. The actual work is about Bavarian units, then it will be Portugal and so... As you can see those factions have a mod default roster. The factions that have a historical roster are France, Austria, Great Britain, USA, Spain, Russia and Prussia.

Hi Bastendep! good to know that you have solved it. About the recruitment lim¡ts, yes it is intended. You cannot expect to recruit your national units in foreign lands, there will be some exceptions, like Austrian units in Silesia, or a crossed recruiment ability between Spain and Portugal. Also while designing the Bavarian units I have decided these ones will be recruitable by France or Austria if they control the región, maybe other factions as Prussians or Russian get to do so too, because historical reasons, as could be the case of Wurtenberg the German states in general and the Italians too, in main cities or capitals. But all this is subject to change in the future.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; January 17, 2016 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Piedmont View Post
    I was playing as Austria and I was beseiging Milan (kingdom of italy): I got attacked by another army behind. The unit was the armed citizens'one, I don't remember their exact name; they were coming towards me, I had one unit firing at them while the rest of my infantry joined in later. They broke mine by firing, no charging. Now that you point it out, however, the incoming units were tired because they'd just fought back the other army (just tired, not exhausted or very tired), so probably that was the reason. I will try to fight them when they are not tired... For the sake of precision, two of my incoming units actually were light infantry (jaegers), the other all line infantry.

Another issue (in the same battle) was that my units were not firing from inside the houses..
    Remember the way units are designed in this mod, I did put all efforts portraying the effects of tiredness over cohesion and morale, but also aim and movement speed. Being tired is a big factor that may have contributed to the defeat. In any case citizens are being revised as some other standard units which I didnt touch before, namely eastern artillery and some light infantry from the major nations.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    Remember the way units are designed in this mod, I did put all efforts portraying the effects of tiredness over cohesion and morale, but also aim and movement speed. Being tired is a big factor that may have contributed to the defeat. In any case citizens are being revised as some other standard units which I didnt touch before, namely eastern artillery and some light infantry from the major nations.
    Thank you for your answer Sirlion.
    It was my first time playing this mod and I didn't know of this aspect.
    Indeed, I tried another battle against the citizens. This time my army was not tired and routed them without much difficulty.

While playing, I wanted to ask another thing. I was playing as Prussia and couldn't recruit in Dresden. Moreover, when I was besieged in Poland no citizens/garrison appeared. Was that on purpose?
    Sorry, but I simply saw the screenshots and that was already enough for me to download the mod, without further reading on the improvements.
    Thanks!

Hi Duke!

Thank your for pointing out three things.

There is not a list of features placed in any relevant post or list you can consult. In first post you can see some of the main features, but not a full list to the detail. We will have to work on this related to campaign, naval and land battles.

About the recruitment limits when you conquer other lands that originally or historically had no relation to your faction. I have said this some posts above:

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    About the recruitment lim¡ts, yes it is intended. You cannot expect to recruit your national units in foreign lands, there will be some exceptions, like Austrian units in Silesia, or a crossed recruiment ability between Spain and Portugal. Also while designing the Bavarian units I have decided these ones will be recruitable by France or Austria if they control the región, maybe other factions as Prussians or Russian get to do so too, because historical reasons, as could be the case of Wurtenberg the German states in general and the Italians too, in main cities or capitals. But all this is subject to change in the future.
    About the no citizens units emerging when being besieged in Poland playing as Prussia, no, it is not intended, I will have to check it.

Thank you again.

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Hey Bethencourt! Congratulations on the release of the new beta! I just had a few questions concerning the other factions including the Bavarian overhaul you are working on. Aside from Bavaria, how much of the other factions will also receive the same treatment? From looking at the map and also going by my memory of the Napoleonic Era, Saxony, Rome, Naples, Holland, Wurttemberg, Piedmont, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark, Spain, and Portugal seem to be the remaining factions due for an overhaul. Will all of these countries get a Bethencourt make over?
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

Hi Joseon! Thank you! Of the list of factions you said, Spain it is already worked, maybe some revisión or addition is made for the late period roster. Now it is the turn of Bavaria, but next one will be Portugal. Ideally we would like to make them all, the European factions including Ottomans.

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    Hi Joseon! Thank you! Of the list of factions you said, Spain it is already worked, maybe some revisión or addition is made for the late period roster. Now it is the turn of Bavaria, but next one will be Portugal. Ideally we would like to make them all, the European factions including Ottomans.
    That sounds amazing! Will the Indian factions also receive an overhaul or will it be just for European and the American factions?
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

The modding horizon is that, but who knows what time will bring once we get there. Actual plans are really very ambitious, so let's fulfill them by now.

Wow! This idea of a fairy tale!This is what I dreamed of! Please detailed instructions for installing! We want to once again return to the Empire!

Hi yantar! Never thought about me like a fairy, but never mind if it pleases you. You have an instruction document in the download, the same you have in first post as an attached file.

Domesticus

Congrats on being a hosted mod! May I suggest creating a better name than just 1800? Maybe 1800: Age of Napoleon?

Anyway, how complete is the current version? Does it change any vanilla files? What campaigns are currently playable, and what factions are completed and playable?

Thank you Mr Kriegtooth! The name was actually longer but what finally is used by the players is a short versión of the mod name, so why make it longer when we all know what DM, IS, ACW, BEIC... stand for? at the end 1800 is one of the longest and most meaningful references for any of these mods. If you compare it to other hosted mod names it short, but it is a different style, nothing too relevant or to be proud of. But it is the name, short reference and has full meaning. The name just does not focus in Napoleón, it may remember NTW (by the way )

Just see the idea like this:

It really means everything what the mod is made for.

About actual version, everything can be changed for future ones of course, but what we can consider complete at this stage is:

Naval game, battle and campaign.

Land battles stats for mod factions, meaning European and American ones. Factions from Asia and Africa need a revisión as well as units used by all the factions like citizens when in siege battles. There are two submods to adjuts accuracy to the taste of the player. A submod with smoke and fire effects and anotherone with battle sound effects.

Factions historical units roters which includes models and icons for France, Austria, Great Britain, USA, Spain, Russia and Prussia. Now the work for next releas is now focused in Bavaria as you can see in this thread, then it will be the turn of Portugal.

Technologies and building chain related to it and all of them to the recruitment system for all factions.

The mod is to be played in grand campaign. Actual Beta II has a campaigns starting in 1800, but the aim is to have another one starting in 1700 so it ends in the 1800 era. Beta I was only about this last campaign.

The units rosters for every faction is divided on two periods, ealry and late, so in the 1700 by researching the first mod technologies and buildings you get to the first mod units which are the faction 1800-1806 more or less historical units. If you resarch further you get to other buildings that allow you to recruit the later period units, and also give you better recuitment abilities if you are playing coalition factions so you match France in its abilities. This last units represent the period from 1807-1815. This time frames vary depending on the faction.

There is a default, non historical and not full worked (this on purpose so I feel the need of changing it) for the rest of European and American factions, playable and emergent.

Campaign gameplay is in a very advanced stage, there may be some adjustments, probably this would need feedback from user related to médium late game, although this is always difficult to balance.

What else can I say?...

A yes, we need to work on units description cards, characters, the rest of the European and American factions rosters, ...
    Last edited by Bethencourt; January 23, 2016 at 01:23 AM.

Domesticus

Still a little confused Is the plan to have two campaigns, early and late, and you change them out with the script file, like Imperial Destroyer did in earlier versions?

May I suggest, if thats the case, on focusing more on the 1800s? I'd say make a campaign start in the 1790s. I'd like 1792 in that we could still have Poland-Lithuania before the final partition, and change history

But I'll give the mod a try soon!

The final idea is two campaigns, one starting in 1700 with vanilla units like and once you research techs you enter in the early 1800 period, and by techs again you get into the late period. The other one starts directly in 1800 early period and by tech you get into the late period. By period I mean historical periods so in ealry you have units looking like in the early 1800 period as I have said 1800-1806 and by late period the 1807-1815, more or less depending on the faction historical evolution. The recruitment systems evolves for coalition factions from a restricted one to a wider in the later period.

The mod is 1800, at the very begining it was only going to have one period representing all 1800-1815 time frame, but I decided to make the effort to have two of them so two uniform rosters for each faction and the adition of techs and the idea of the evolving recruitmen system. The work is very hard like this,so no plans for a wider time frame. Britain has 52 infantry units, appart form the cavalry and artillery ones, and there are a lot of factions to be done. Other mods like Imperial Splendour aim to work in different periods of the XVIII century. It would be nice if once several mods were finished we could play, by integrating them, from 1600 until 1800, but it is just a dream.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; January 23, 2016 at 09:12 PM.

Hi Bethencourt, any chance to play mod without mod manager somehow ıt wont start. so we can play with user.script ?

Hi emir! Modmanager is a program that works with the userscript changing it, the same as if you typed the mods on the userscript directly.

The following userscript sets are the ones I will obtain by launching the mod with Modmanager, so you can see how you can type in you userscript to make the mod work.

The order of the list of ítems in the userscript is relevant, as it is said in the instructions. The mod won't work if you do not respect the order of the ítems. It is not only a matter of modmanager, as I said modmanager works by changing the userscript, it is a tool to change the userscript without the need of searching for it typing it and saving it every time you want to use different mods.

Anyway if you prefer to use userscript, there are at least three files you need to actívate. First in the list: the faction laucher. Second and third, 1800 Beta II and 1800 MODELS. So if you want to play France your userscript, does not matter if typing it or using modmanager should look like this:

mod "France launcher.pack";
    mod "1800 Beta II.pack";
    mod "1800MODELS.pack";

Next settings are incorrect:

this

mod "1800 Beta II.pack";
    mod "1800MODELS.pack";

or

mod "1800 Beta II.pack";
    mod "1800MODELS.pack";

These last two settings will make the game crash when launching the grand campaign.

SO THE FACTION LAUNCHER GOES ALWAYS IN AN UPPER POSTITION IN RELATION TO 1800 Beta II and 1800MODELS.

Now I have launched the game using late uniforms playing as France also an accuracy submod and the smoke and fire effects submod and the battle sound submod. The setting results in this:

mod "1800 late uniforms french campaign.pack";
    mod "1800 accuracy160.pack";

mod "1800 Beta II.pack";
    mod "1800MODELS.pack";

mod "1800_SmokeVolume.pack";
    mod "1800_sir_battlechaos.pack";

The smoke and fire submod and the sounds one (battlechaos) do not affect the otherones so you can put them in any position in that list, but the late uniforms, accuracy and faction launcher go over the 1800 Beta II and 1800 MODELS.

WHY? because when two mod files work over the same game stat or value, the first working with those values in the list is the one that the game takes over the other ones that are in any lower position. So basically the late uniforms, accuracy and faction launcher are submods of the main mod files.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; January 25, 2016 at 10:35 AM.

Thank you for your explanatory answer Beth and also thanks for this great mod ı hope will see even more stuff ın future